[home][rumors and news][model release matrix][dealer network][desktop calendar][exhaust notes][tov forums][links][search][sponsors][garage][login]

Tire Rack Upgrade Garage
 Search for a Dealer:
 Canadian Flag US Flag
 Honda Acura
 ZIP  
Honda announces changes for 2019 Civic, including new Sport trim
More.......................
When is the 2019 Accord arriving in showrooms? Maybe not until 2019
More.......................
American Honda Reports July Sales Results
More.......................
Official statement from Honda concerning flooding of Celaya factory
More.......................
News from the dealer side: 2019 HR-V, Fit, and Insight production impacted due to flooding in Celaya
More.......................
2019 Honda HR-V updated with styling tweaks, Apple CarPlay/Android Auto, and available Honda Sensing
More.......................
2019 Acura MDX Arrives with Luxury and Performance Upgrades Plus First A-Spec Variant
More.......................
SPIED IN EUROPE! Civic Type R refresh
More.......................
Accord --> Re: Local dealer has a bunch of new 17 Accord Tourings in front of building.
Join Discussion......
RLX --> Re: 2019 Acura RLX
Join Discussion......
Professional Motorsports --> Re: Alonso Quits F1
Join Discussion......
TLX --> Re: Extremely fitting
Join Discussion......
RDX --> Re: Sat in an Advance - Complaints
Join Discussion......
Today's Reading Links --> Re: Alaska Airlines plane hijacked
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: '08 Honda Leather
Join Discussion......
Type R --> Re: DC-R
Join Discussion......
Ridgeline - General Talk --> Re: Ridgeline outlasts Taco in Death Valley Torture Test
Join Discussion......
Fuel Cell Technology --> Re: The FB Clarity FCEV group is full of shit
Join Discussion......
RDX --> Re: RDX - Why Espresso Interior with Grey Headliner??
Join Discussion......
Fuel Cell Technology --> Re: H2 for All... again at last!
Join Discussion......
Honda Motorcycles --> Re: Retro Honda CBX returning - yes it has an L6. July 12-18
Join Discussion......
Civic --> Re: Re:Honda Debuts 2019 Civic Sport in Sedan and Coupe Form
Join Discussion......
HR-V/Vezel --> Re: European HRV with 1.5 L VTEC Turbo engine coming Spring 2019
Join Discussion......
First Drive: 2019 Honda Insight
Read Article....................
2019 Honda Insight PR Photo Gallery
Read Article....................
First Drive: 2019 Acura RDX
Read Article....................
2019 Acura RDX Features & Specifications
Read Article....................
PR Photo Gallery - 2019 Acura RDX Advance
Read Article....................
PR Photo Gallery - 2019 Acura RDX A-Spec
Read Article....................

[fancy] [flat] [simple]
TOV Forums > NSX > > Re: NSX Reviews are Coming In

Go to:

Viewing Threshold (What is this?)

Thread Page - [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Author
  Post New Thread
JMU R1
Profile for JMU R1
NSX Reviews are Coming In    (Score: 1, Normal) 03-14-2016 08:31
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
Here are the first few post-embargo reviews:

http://www.autoguide.com/manufacturer/acura/2017-acura-nsx-review

http://www.motorauthority.com/news/1102702_2017-acura-nsx-first-drive-review

http://www.leftlanenews.com/2017-acura-nsx-review-91219.html

Positive so far, some niggles, some cautiousness. Will be interesting to read what the bigger outfits have to say.

JMU R1
Profile for JMU R1
Re: NSX Reviews are Coming In    (Score: 1, Normal) 03-14-2016 08:36
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
Favorable comparisons to the rest of the supercar crop certainly don't hurt here, particularly the other AWD metal like the Huracan.

http://www.autocar.co.uk/car-review/honda/nsx/first-drives/2016-honda-nsx-review

shingles
Profile for shingles
Re: NSX Reviews are Coming In    (Score: 1, Normal) 03-14-2016 09:05
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
Top Gear:
http://www.topgear.com/car-reviews/nsx/first-drive

Midi_Amp
Profile for Midi_Amp
Re: NSX Reviews are Coming In    (Score: 1, Normal) 03-14-2016 09:41
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply

Is the post updated or something? It's the first drive article from last year.

TSX69
Profile for TSX69
Re: NSX Reviews are Coming In    (Score: 1, Normal) 03-14-2016 09:47
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
The Acura NSX Isnít Perfect, But Itís the Supercar of the Future: First Drive
Positives
Stunning design
Advanced technology Track focused

Negatives
Numb steering rack
Cheap interior plastics


KS34
Profile for KS34
Re: NSX Reviews are Coming In    (Score: 1, Normal) 03-14-2016 10:16
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
Midi_Amp wrote:

Is the post updated or something? It's the first drive article from last year.



Here is the updated review.

First drive: the brand-new Honda NSX

Sounds preety good to me.


So youíre impressed?

In a word yes, more than I had expected to be if Iím honest. The scale of achievement in making this immensely complex car feel so immersive is what sticks in the mind. The braking, steering and integration between the V6 and three motors could have been a recipe for a car that constantly interrupted your enjoyment. In the NSX you learn to drive with the systems not against them, and in return it delivers a fascinatingly engaging experience.

In many ways it would be wrong to compare the NSX to an R8 or 488 although those are the benchmark competitors. In fact it feels more directly related to a Porsche 918. Both took years to get right, both hide their additional mass with trick electronics and both represent a new kind of performance car thatís hard not to admire.

Supercars used to be one trick ponies, but the NSX represents a new generation. For some, Quiet mode will be anathema, but for others that, and the breadth of the NSXís capabilities, represent a new and attractive proposition. Honda describe the NSX as an articulation of the brand as a whole and more importantly ďnot the finish line, just the start pointĒ. Having been so long in the making it would have been painfully easy for the NSX to disappoint, but for my money, it was well worth the wait.

Fitdad
Profile for Fitdad
Re: NSX Reviews are Coming In    (Score: 1, Normal) 03-14-2016 10:33
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
From the Top Gear review:

It all looks suitably modern and stylish, but my biggest issue is with some of the materials used Ė what looks metal is often plastic, removing a layer of authenticity from some of the key touch points, most notably the door handles, dynamic mode selector and paddle shifts. Honda says some of this may get addressed before final production begins.


_Fix this Acura. Full stop. No excuses. Other reviews have commented on this as well. Don't be trying to save $50 or $500 on the interior when the rest of the car is so damned good!!! Leave no doubt.

bigblue
Profile for bigblue
Re: NSX Reviews are Coming In    (Score: 1, Normal) 03-14-2016 10:37
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
evo are generally very positive http://www.evo.co.uk/honda/nsx

Regarding the much-debated (here) steering feel :

The rack obviously has to be quick enough to allow this and it is, although it has none of the nervous or twitchy feelings that you can get with Ferraris.

The wheel does have some feel through the electric power-assistance too and it talks to you at low speeds, which is good, but strangely itís not a very mechanical feeling helm.

And overall :

Full of power and easily modulated, the brakes just felt very natural. And itís really the same for the rest of the car, because despite all the technological wizardry it is harnessing, the NSX feels quite natural and intuitive to drive.

Click the link for the rest !

GoFaster
Profile for GoFaster
Re: NSX Reviews are Coming In    (Score: 1, Normal) 03-14-2016 10:40
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
Since the NSX is the Halo car, which only a very very very few will ever get to drive, will Acura sell to exocticsracing.com? In Las Vegas and now S.Calif there is a company that allows you to buy laps in super cars, and truly the most amazing assortment for super cars.

I would think Acura would actually welcome this sale as it groups their brand with the elites of Europe.

bigblue
Profile for bigblue
Re: NSX Reviews are Coming In    (Score: 1, Normal) 03-14-2016 10:44
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
autocar really lke it, I think the development team are going to be very happy when the sub-headline is
The digital supercar made to feel analogue. The new Honda NSX is different to the rest, but entirely compelling in its own way

shingles
Profile for shingles
Re: NSX Reviews are Coming In    (Score: 1, Normal) 03-14-2016 11:02
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
Sorry, wrong link. Thanks!
JMU R1
Profile for JMU R1
Re: NSX Reviews are Coming In    (Score: 1, Normal) 03-14-2016 11:52
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
GoFaster wrote:
Since the NSX is the Halo car, which only a very very very few will ever get to drive, will Acura sell to exocticsracing.com? In Las Vegas and now S.Calif there is a company that allows you to buy laps in super cars, and truly the most amazing assortment for super cars.

I would think Acura would actually welcome this sale as it groups their brand with the elites of Europe.


I was actually at Dream Racing there at Las Vegas Motor Speedway the week before the NSX event (I may post a write up on that here). I think either outfit could get an NSX, it just depends on whether or not they got on the list to buy one.

I do think that it would behoove Acura to make sure one of those outfits got a car, so people could experience the car first hand.

sadlerau
Profile for sadlerau
Re: NSX Reviews are Coming In    (Score: 1, Normal) 03-14-2016 12:02
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
I think I've read them all so far, and it looks like the guys have hit the nail square on the head. A modern iteration of what the MkI stood for. An everyday usable supercar (but not exotic, stupid fast) that rewards the driver who understands it. Oh and comparatively comfortable to boot.

Would I love to flog it on track, and test out eSH-AWD.

The wife likes the blue, but then she doesn't pay the bills......

TSX69
Profile for TSX69
Re: NSX Reviews are Coming In    (Score: 1, Normal) 03-14-2016 12:13
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
Jalopnik
The Verdict

So is this NSX a fitting descendant of the older car that I loved so much growing up? Yes. Well, maybe.

After the road drive was completed Acura was kind enough, or perhaps foolish enough, to toss me the keys to a company-owned 2005 NSX. It was not a museum piece. It was a 47,000-mile example. The seats werenít perfect. The steering wheel had faded over the years by the California sun.

And while the original NSX may have been a technical marvel in its day, to drive it now serves as reminder of a time when the best cars communicated in analog fashion. They reacted to your inputs. They had a dialogue with you. They became 1 with you, the driver.

This new NSX asks you to become 1 with it. To envelop yourself in its comfort, its luxury, its technology, to become as much of a hybrid as it is.

What Acura has done with this new NSX is to take a driving experience that was previously only accessible to the gifted and allow the ordinary (if rather wealthy) man to fly just close enough to the sun to revel in its power and beauty. And if, in order to fly that close, one has to wear a suit of technological armor, is that a price that they should be willing to pay?

Thatís up to you. Me? I say it, quickly and easily, without hesitation: hell yes.


notyper
Profile for notyper
Re: NSX Reviews are Coming In    (Score: 1, Normal) 03-14-2016 12:53
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
sadlerau wrote:
I think I've read them all so far, and it looks like the guys have hit the nail square on the head. A modern iteration of what the MkI stood for. An everyday usable supercar (but not exotic, stupid fast) that rewards the driver who understands it. Oh and comparatively comfortable to boot.

Would I love to flog it on track, and test out eSH-AWD.

The wife likes the blue, but then she doesn't pay the bills......



LOL

TBH, I take away exactly the opposite conclusion that you do after reading all these pieces. This is nothing like what the Mk1 stood for. The new NSX is all about a synthetic experience, putting together all sorts of unnecessary crap (for whatever reason) like the hybrid system, and then doing a damn good job of hiding it.

I will give credit to the Acura engineers for doing an apparently excellent job at systems integration. But unfortunately, their design brief appears to have created a rather blah car. Fast? Yes, well, quick really. But no faster than anything else in this class (and at speed probably bottom half of the class - 488, R10 and prob 911 turboS will run away at higher speeds). Sound? 75 deg turbo V6 will never sound as good as a proper V8/10/12. Steering? Seems to be coming in distinctly on the deficit side of the ledger. Handling? Tons of grip, but best you let the car do it for you. This is not to say that creating a car that won't spit the squids off the road isn't a good thing. Just that you can do that while still maintaining a thoroughly engaging and adjustable chassis (see any Lotus, see new McLarens, etc.) without having to probe the edge of traction.

Some of this stuff was probably a foregone conclusion from the moment Acura chose AWD hybrid as the basic platform. You can only do so much once you've started down that road. And they probably did as good a job as they could for the price point they had to hit. But, much like the GT-R, you can do some impressive shit with the right tech application, but that weight and AWD setup will always be hanging over you. At least the NSX doesn't appear to feel like a truck ala GT-R.

Shame really. The NSX needed to be a halo that would inject some trickle down involvement back into the rest of Acura's lineup. The NSX is a tech tour de force, but tech is not really where Acura is having issues....

SC

superchg2
Profile for superchg2
Re: NSX Reviews are Coming In    (Score: 1, Normal) 03-14-2016 13:01
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
notyper wrote:
sadlerau wrote:
I think I've read them all so far, and it looks like the guys have hit the nail square on the head. A modern iteration of what the MkI stood for. An everyday usable supercar (but not exotic, stupid fast) that rewards the driver who understands it. Oh and comparatively comfortable to boot.

Would I love to flog it on track, and test out eSH-AWD.

The wife likes the blue, but then she doesn't pay the bills......



LOL

TBH, I take away exactly the opposite conclusion that you do after reading all these pieces. This is nothing like what the Mk1 stood for. The new NSX is all about a synthetic experience, putting together all sorts of unnecessary crap (for whatever reason) like the hybrid system, and then doing a damn good job of hiding it.

I will give credit to the Acura engineers for doing an apparently excellent job at systems integration. But unfortunately, their design brief appears to have created a rather blah car. Fast? Yes, well, quick really. But no faster than anything else in this class (and at speed probably bottom half of the class - 488, R10 and prob 911 turboS will run away at higher speeds). Sound? 75 deg turbo V6 will never sound as good as a proper V8/10/12. Steering? Seems to be coming in distinctly on the deficit side of the ledger. Handling? Tons of grip, but best you let the car do it for you. This is not to say that creating a car that won't spit the squids off the road isn't a good thing. Just that you can do that while still maintaining a thoroughly engaging and adjustable chassis (see any Lotus, see new McLarens, etc.) without having to probe the edge of traction.

Some of this stuff was probably a foregone conclusion from the moment Acura chose AWD hybrid as the basic platform. You can only do so much once you've started down that road. And they probably did as good a job as they could for the price point they had to hit. But, much like the GT-R, you can do some impressive shit with the right tech application, but that weight and AWD setup will always be hanging over you. At least the NSX doesn't appear to feel like a truck ala GT-R.

Shame really. The NSX needed to be a halo that would inject some trickle down involvement back into the rest of Acura's lineup. The NSX is a tech tour de force, but tech is not really where Acura is having issues....

SC


Shawn, pretty good summation, I'd say.

Nick GravesX
Profile for Nick GravesX
Re: NSX Reviews are Coming In    (Score: 1, Normal) 03-14-2016 13:15
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
One of the readers' comments got me:

(Acuronda) made exactly the car they should, but not the one that I want.

Hondarulez
Profile for Hondarulez
Re: NSX Reviews are Coming In    (Score: 1, Normal) 03-14-2016 13:35
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
sadlerau wrote:
I think I've read them all so far, and it looks like the guys have hit the nail square on the head. A modern iteration of what the MkI stood for. An everyday usable supercar (but not exotic, stupid fast) that rewards the driver who understands it. Oh and comparatively comfortable to boot.

Would I love to flog it on track, and test out eSH-AWD.

The wife likes the blue, but then she doesn't pay the bills......



Agreed, 100%.

TSX69
Profile for TSX69
Re: NSX Reviews are Coming In    (Score: 1, Normal) 03-14-2016 15:57
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
CNET: Hypercar Tech at a SuperCar Price
The 2017 NSX is deceptively quick on the track and impeccably civilized on the road, a split personality that many supercars advertise but few deliver. But it's on the road where the NSX feels most at home, and given that's where most owners will spend the vast majority of their time, that's almost certainly for the best.

If the NSX has a failing, it's that it's too sophisticated, engineered to such a fine point that you can't help feeling like you are the weakest link in the equation. This is a comprehensively excellent drive, but it's rarely an exhilarating one. You're left wondering what this car would be like minus the hybrid system and about 300 pounds of weight. Rumor has it, Honda is pondering the same question, and I hope some day to drive the answer.



Potenza
Profile for Potenza
Re: NSX Reviews are Coming In    (Score: 1, Normal) 03-14-2016 18:00
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
Nick GravesX wrote:
One of the readers' comments got me:

(Acuronda) made exactly the car they should, but not the one that I want.

That comment stuck out to me too, and I took it to be a positive one. It is an outlook that more people need to adopt: Understanding that the opposite of "doing it my way" is not "doing it the wrong way."

To quote it precisely, he wrote: "It is exactly what it should be, even if it isnít what I wish it were."

Which is the point I tried to make in the 911 R thread, where everyone took that car's existence as an opportunity to complain about the unrelated NSX. Acura didn't make the throwback manual-everything car that some "hardcore" enthusiasts (who can't afford the car) would have preferred... but Acura made the NSX exactly what it should be. And it's perfectly fine to ask HMC to build a throwback manual-everything vehicle as well - just not an NSX.

Fitdad
Profile for Fitdad
Re: NSX Reviews are Coming In    (Score: 1, Normal) 03-14-2016 18:20
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
Nick GravesX wrote:
One of the readers' comments got me:

(Acuronda) made exactly the car they should, but not the one that I want.



Makes me think of the Henry Ford quote.

"If I had asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses."

Also implicit in what SC said and from reading reviews is the idea that Honda, when they put their foot down, can still execute a car (even if some think the car itself is the wrong concept). That idea had gotten lost in the CRZ/Insight/Crosstour/2012 Civic string of misses and now it seems to be coming back with the new Civic and now this.

Potenza
Profile for Potenza
Re: NSX Reviews are Coming In    (Score: 1, Normal) 03-14-2016 18:21
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
I think it's pretty ironic that most reviews not only start out by singing the praises of the original NSX (which is slightly revisionist history, as I don't recall it being hailed as the King of all Cars when it was on sale...), but that they then use the new NSX's comfort, livability, drama-free daily-driver attributes as a knock against it... despite that those were precisely the traits of the original NSX.

The original car was as docile as an Accord, as opposed to dramatic like a Ferrari. Now it's a complaint that the new NSX is docile as an Accord and not dramatic like a Ferrari?

...Particularly ironic as today's Ferraris are automatic-only and rely extremely on electronic control, getting faster with each generation as the electronics improve:

"The 458 Italia is faster with all the safety systems on, Ferrari claims, its F1-Trac traction control and E-Diff3 electronic differential working together to make you as quick as possible, but SSC takes the technology a step further. There are no extra physical components, instead SSC is an algorithm that analyses the slip angle of the Speciale, compares it with a target value, and uses both F1-Trac and E-Diff3 to deliver the highest possible acceleration. According to Ferrari test driver Raffaelle de Simone, in the Italiaís Race mode thereís a small difference between how fast he and an average driver can go, but with SSC in the 458 Speciale that gap has been closed."

sadlerau
Profile for sadlerau
Re: NSX Reviews are Coming In    (Score: 1, Normal) 03-14-2016 18:48
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
notyper wrote:

LOL

TBH, I take away exactly the opposite conclusion that you do after reading all these pieces. This is nothing like what the Mk1 stood for. The new NSX is all about a synthetic experience, putting together all sorts of unnecessary crap (for whatever reason) like the hybrid system, and then doing a damn good job of hiding it.

SC



I knew that one was coming Shawn, from when the R35 was first discussed on this forum.

Perhaps you are waiting for the RWD only Type R, if it ever sees the light of day?

Grace141
Profile for Grace141
Re: NSX Reviews are Coming In    (Score: 1, Normal) 03-14-2016 18:57
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
Potenza wrote:
I think it's pretty ironic that most reviews not only start out by singing the praises of the original NSX (which is slightly revisionist history, as I don't recall it being hailed as the King of all Cars when it was on sale...), but that they then use the new NSX's comfort, livability, drama-free daily-driver attributes as a knock against it... despite that those were precisely the traits of the original NSX.

The original car was as docile as an Accord, as opposed to dramatic like a Ferrari. Now it's a complaint that the new NSX is docile as an Accord and not dramatic like a Ferrari?

...Particularly ironic as today's Ferraris are automatic-only and rely extremely on electronic control, getting faster with each generation as the electronics improve:

"The 458 Italia is faster with all the safety systems on, Ferrari claims, its F1-Trac traction control and E-Diff3 electronic differential working together to make you as quick as possible, but SSC takes the technology a step further. There are no extra physical components, instead SSC is an algorithm that analyses the slip angle of the Speciale, compares it with a target value, and uses both F1-Trac and E-Diff3 to deliver the highest possible acceleration. According to Ferrari test driver Raffaelle de Simone, in the Italiaís Race mode thereís a small difference between how fast he and an average driver can go, but with SSC in the 458 Speciale that gap has been closed."


+1 To paraphrase the old Odyssey advertising slogan, this new NSX like the original appears to be "the Honda of supercars."

And all of this comes after a decade of car enthusiasts asking Honda to return to its engineering roots. It would seem they've done just that with the NSX.

VTEC_Inside
Profile for VTEC_Inside
Re: NSX Reviews are Coming In    (Score: 1, Normal) 03-14-2016 19:31
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
Fitdad wrote:
From the Top Gear review:

It all looks suitably modern and stylish, but my biggest issue is with some of the materials used Ė what looks metal is often plastic, removing a layer of authenticity from some of the key touch points, most notably the door handles, dynamic mode selector and paddle shifts. Honda says some of this may get addressed before final production begins.


_Fix this Acura. Full stop. No excuses. Other reviews have commented on this as well. Don't be trying to save $50 or $500 on the interior when the rest of the car is so damned good!!! Leave no doubt.



My buddy bought milled door handles his NA1 and later his NA2, from Science of Speed I believe, they were MUCH nicer than the original plastic ones

I remember when he first got the NA2 and the plastic feels like shit in comparison.

notyper
Profile for notyper
Re: NSX Reviews are Coming In    (Score: 1, Normal) 03-14-2016 20:04
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
sadlerau wrote:
notyper wrote:

LOL

TBH, I take away exactly the opposite conclusion that you do after reading all these pieces. This is nothing like what the Mk1 stood for. The new NSX is all about a synthetic experience, putting together all sorts of unnecessary crap (for whatever reason) like the hybrid system, and then doing a damn good job of hiding it.

SC



I knew that one was coming Shawn, from when the R35 was first discussed on this forum.

Perhaps you are waiting for the RWD only Type R, if it ever sees the light of day?



Nah, Honda is kind of a lost cause for me at this point. I may indeed buy a new Civic Si or CTR as a business investment for the shop (so we can get a jump on tuning them), but nothing about the NSX sparks my interest, and a RWD NSX-R wouldn't lure me away from a 911 GT3 or a Macca.

No, Honda has just lost the plot on driver involvement IMO. No joy in their cars anymore. I think back to the DC2R, the S2000, the NA1/NA2 NSX and then look at what they're doing now and the best I can muster is "meh". Its the same with the R35. Stupidly fast and easy to make much faster, but there is no joy in caning it. Its a lap time tool non-pareil for the money though.

SC

Nick GravesX
Profile for Nick GravesX
Re: NSX Reviews are Coming In    (Score: 1, Normal) 03-14-2016 20:30
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
In a massive attack of cognitive dissonance, I agree with Potenza and Shawn here.

I can foresee a retrospective view of what a groundbreaking car the old NC1 was and how it changed the face of blah de blah...

But unless I get religion upon driving it (and NOT end up in prison...) it's just TFM for me. Mind you, so are its competitors.

Impressed as I am, I think I ultimately prefer the S2000's occasionally Don Logan-esque personality. And the old NA2 is a very pleasant halfway house between the two.


s2ktaxi
Profile for s2ktaxi
Re: NSX Reviews are Coming In    (Score: 1, Normal) 03-14-2016 21:29
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
I'd buy a modernized NA2 but will pass on this...
JonBoy
Profile for JonBoy
Re: NSX Reviews are Coming In    (Score: 1, Normal) 03-14-2016 22:05
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
s2ktaxi wrote:
I'd buy a modernized NA2 but will pass on this...


Unless you've bought a Cayman S, you wouldn't buy a modernized NA2.

If that's the car you want, it's been around for years. I'm betting you haven't bought it....

sadlerau
Profile for sadlerau
Re: NSX Reviews are Coming In    (Score: 1, Normal) 03-14-2016 22:22
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
Nick GravesX wrote:

Impressed as I am, I think I ultimately prefer the S2000's occasionally Don Logan-esque personality. And the old NA2 is a very pleasant halfway house between the two.




Bang on Nick, what Honda needs to do to satisfy the naysayers is to re-boot the S2000. Driver involvement at "sane" speeds, just like the Miata.

But I know which I would prefer, but then I'm just shallow, and a slave to fashion. In truth, I've lusted after something like the NSX MkII ever since I first drove the '06 Legend. The thought of Honda using the capabilities of that car's SH-AWD in something genuinely fast made me salivate in anticipation - it's just that I never believed it would take them 10 long years to get there! And something a LOT more affordable would have been nice. But that is Honda for you.

Each to his own, and while I'll probably never get to enjoy the MkII, I really appreciate that Honda made the (successful) effort, regardless of the sales outcome, as the MkI was never really a sales success.

The MkII is not a car for everyone, but it is the car I expected from Honda, and I'm happy at that.


 
Thread Page - [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Go to:
Contact TOV | Submit Your Article | Submit Your Link | Advertise | TOV Shop | Events | Our Sponsors | TOV Archives
Copyright © 2018 Velocitech Inc. All information contained herein remains the property of Velocitech Inc.
The Temple of VTEC is not affiliated with American Honda Motor Co., Inc. TOV Policies and Guidelines - Credits - Privacy Policy
30 mobile: 0