[home][rumors and news][model release matrix][dealer network][desktop calendar][exhaust notes][tov forums][links][search][sponsors][garage][login]

Tire Rack Upgrade Garage
 Search for a Dealer:
 Canadian Flag US Flag
 Honda Acura
 ZIP  
Honda announces changes for 2019 Civic, including new Sport trim
More.......................
When is the 2019 Accord arriving in showrooms? Maybe not until 2019
American Honda Reports July Sales Results
Official statement from Honda concerning flooding of Celaya factory
News from the dealer side: 2019 HR-V, Fit, and Insight production impacted due to flooding in Celaya
2019 Honda HR-V updated with styling tweaks, Apple CarPlay/Android Auto, and available Honda Sensing
2019 Acura MDX Arrives with Luxury and Performance Upgrades Plus First A-Spec Variant
SPIED IN EUROPE! Civic Type R refresh
General Talk --> Re: '08 Honda Leather
Join Discussion......
Accord --> Re: Local dealer has a bunch of new 17 Accord Tourings in front of building.
Join Discussion......
RLX --> Re: 2019 Acura RLX
Join Discussion......
Professional Motorsports --> Re: Alonso Quits F1
Join Discussion......
TLX --> Re: Extremely fitting
Join Discussion......
RDX --> Re: Sat in an Advance - Complaints
Join Discussion......
Today's Reading Links --> Re: Alaska Airlines plane hijacked
Join Discussion......
Type R --> Re: DC-R
Join Discussion......
Ridgeline - General Talk --> Re: Ridgeline outlasts Taco in Death Valley Torture Test
Join Discussion......
Fuel Cell Technology --> Re: The FB Clarity FCEV group is full of shit
Join Discussion......
RDX --> Re: RDX - Why Espresso Interior with Grey Headliner??
Join Discussion......
Fuel Cell Technology --> Re: H2 for All... again at last!
Join Discussion......
Honda Motorcycles --> Re: Retro Honda CBX returning - yes it has an L6. July 12-18
Join Discussion......
Civic --> Re: Re:Honda Debuts 2019 Civic Sport in Sedan and Coupe Form
Join Discussion......
HR-V/Vezel --> Re: European HRV with 1.5 L VTEC Turbo engine coming Spring 2019
Join Discussion......
First Drive: 2019 Honda Insight
Read Article....................
2019 Honda Insight PR Photo Gallery
First Drive: 2019 Acura RDX
2019 Acura RDX Features & Specifications
PR Photo Gallery - 2019 Acura RDX Advance
PR Photo Gallery - 2019 Acura RDX A-Spec

[fancy] [flat] [simple]
  TOV News > 2018 Acura RLX Arrives in Showrooms with Striking Redesign > > Re: “IT’S A SHAME” - Pro-Honda Reviewer Trashes RLX

Viewing Threshold (What is this?)

Thread Page - [1]
Author

vh2k
Profile for vh2k
“IT’S A SHAME” - Pro-Honda Reviewer Trashes RLX [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 11-13-2017 11:28
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
This guy is a fairly pro-Honda reviewer... but it’s a very luke warm review of the refreshed RLX. He’s mostly spot on.

https://youtu.be/-oHyBIxkgYs

PoweredbyHondaX
Profile for PoweredbyHondaX
Re: “IT’S A SHAME” - Pro-Honda Reviewer Trashes RLX [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 11-13-2017 22:44
hate that reviewer. especially when he says "to be honest"

why does he lie alot?

I didn't watch it cuz i dont care about the rlx at all or the reviewer but im betting he said to be honest 5 x at least?

maybe 10x?

But I know this asian guy is usually a honda fan boy so its not good to hear his opinion. watch from a neutral guy's perspective. like alex on autos

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oddv34El0yk

he is creditable and has the respect of everyone.

And he said he would chose it over the Lexus GS450H

true the gs is trash but still!!!! Its a nice thing to hear from such a high ranking neutral guy.

lexusgs
Profile for lexusgs
Re: “IT’S A SHAME” - Pro-Honda Reviewer Trashes RLX [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 11-14-2017 00:10
PoweredbyHondaX wrote:

why does he lie alot?

I didn't watch it cuz i dont care about the rlx at all or the reviewer but im betting he said to be honest 5 x at least?

maybe 10x?

But I know this asian guy is usually a honda fan boy so its not good to hear his opinion. watch from a neutral guy's perspective. like alex on autos

true the gs is trash but still!!!! Its a nice thing to hear from such a high ranking neutral guy.

LOL, the GS is trash? Have you ever even driven one or been in one?

It sells pretty good and gets pretty good reviews for being "trash", normally over 5 times as much as the RLX.

The MMC front end and new shitty 4 cylinder were disappointing though and the hybrid is unimpressive but the 6 cylinder GS and GS-F are great cars.

Civicb18
Profile for Civicb18
Re: “IT’S A SHAME” - Pro-Honda Reviewer Trashes RLX [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 11-14-2017 07:50
PoweredbyHondaX wrote:

why does he lie alot?

maybe 10x?

The GS is trash? The market says differently. The GS350 F-Sport and the GSF are much more fun to drive vs any Acura sedan.

alpha0
Profile for alpha0
Re: “IT’S A SHAME” - Pro-Honda Reviewer Trashes RLX [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 11-14-2017 08:21
I dont think Acura wanted RLX Sport Hybrid to be compared with other hybrids.only I have not seen any reviewer comparing SHSH version to GS 350 (non hybrid), A6, XF, 540xi etc. That was the market Acura was trying to sell this product.
NealX
Profile for NealX
Re: “IT’S A SHAME” - Pro-Honda Reviewer Trashes RLX [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 11-14-2017 08:56
PoweredbyHondaX wrote:
But I know this asian guy is usually a honda fan boy so its not good to hear his opinion. watch from a neutral guy's perspective. like Alex on Autos

He is creditable and has the respect of everyone.

I like AoA, too - another good reviewer.

Last edited by NealX on 11-14-2017 08:57
fatbloke
Profile for fatbloke
Re: “IT’S A SHAME” - Pro-Honda Reviewer Trashes RLX [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 11-14-2017 11:15
vh2k wrote:
This guy is a fairly pro-Honda reviewer... but it’s a very luke warm review of the refreshed RLX. He’s mostly spot on.

https://youtu.be/-oHyBIxkgYs

That's funny, everyone else seems to like it! I guess he doesn't know what he's talking about!

TonyEX
Profile for TonyEX
Re: “IT’S A SHAME” - Pro-Honda Reviewer Trashes RLX [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 11-14-2017 11:35
lexusgs wrote:
LOL, the GS is trash? Have you ever even driven one or been in one?

It sells pretty good and gets pretty good reviews for being "trash", normally over 5 times as much as the RLX.

Logical fallacy again.

Argumentum ad populum

TonyEX
Profile for TonyEX
Re: “IT’S A SHAME” - Pro-Honda Reviewer Trashes RLX [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 11-14-2017 11:38
NealX wrote:
PoweredbyHondaX wrote:
But I know this asian guy is usually a honda fan boy so its not good to hear his opinion. watch from a neutral guy's perspective. like Alex on Autos

He is creditable and has the respect of everyone.

I like AoA, too - another good reviewer.

Aaah.. aren't you too old for K-Pop? Although, most Koreans, even the old ones, watch it on TV.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AOA_(group)

rev2damoon
Profile for rev2damoon
Re: “IT’S A SHAME” - Pro-Honda Reviewer Trashes RLX [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 11-14-2017 12:02
Hehe...This reviewer is suggesting that people don't buy the RLX because they don't "know" how "good" it is. He is probably a proponent of the idea that people buy certain other luxury brands based primarily on the emblem on the front and back. Luxury shoppers do purchase based on the emblem on the front and back. Sadly, like others, he doesn't seem to stop to ask why these other brands command so much more respect and inspire more "aspirational purchases". It's the buyer's choice to not compromise on say materials, styling, proportions, power, etc. simply because the car drives decently. Its the buyer's choice as to what compromises they will accept, or to accept no compromises at all. It's a choice. Maybe, just maybe people aren't "choosing" the RLX because it simply doesn't offer what they want in this class.

PoweredbyHondaX
Re: “IT’S A SHAME” - Pro-Honda Reviewer Trashes RLX [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 11-14-2017 17:31
Just to clarify honda fans are more harsh on honda if 'THEY' are not happy with the product.

In this case the redline guy.

I've bashed many fine hondas because i didnt like them. it happens on TOV the most.

So dont trust this guy in this case. I know it sounds counter intuitive but he would get DESTROYED if he liked it i guess on youtube.

AGAIN, i didnt watch it and wont ever. But a guy like Alex on Autos commands so much respect he can say the truth even if its NOT POPULAR. and still his comment section is relatively civil.

vh2k
Profile for vh2k
Re: “IT’S A SHAME” - Pro-Honda Reviewer Trashes RLX [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 11-14-2017 17:47
So, if you’ve liked Hondas in the past and have given them good reviews in the past, you must now be dishonest when examining the RLX???

Two comments about a reviewer you “hate” and a model about which you don’t care. Makes sense.

PoweredbyHondaX
Re: “IT’S A SHAME” - Pro-Honda Reviewer Trashes RLX [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 11-14-2017 21:45
vh2k wrote:
So, if you’ve liked Hondas in the past and have given them good reviews in the past, you must now be dishonest when examining the RLX???

Two comments about a reviewer you “hate” and a model about which you don’t care. Makes sense.

no honda fans are more critical of hondas when 'THEY' dont like something. not when its a bad product.

For proof. read TOV during EVERY new car release. 50/50 hate/love every release. and the harshness is REAL.

vh2k
Profile for vh2k
Re: “IT’S A SHAME” - Pro-Honda Reviewer Trashes RLX [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 11-15-2017 07:16
Just seems odd that you wouldn’t watch the review, then comment on it — that’s all. How do you know if you agree or disagree with the issues he discussed?
iahs2k
Profile for iahs2k
Re: “IT’S A SHAME” - Pro-Honda Reviewer Trashes RLX [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 11-15-2017 10:00
PoweredbyHondaX wrote:

why does he lie alot?

maybe 10x?

Hate when illiterate morons write “cuz” .....

owequitit
Profile for owequitit
Re: “IT’S A SHAME” - Pro-Honda Reviewer Trashes RLX [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 11-15-2017 13:17
PoweredbyHondaX wrote:
Just to clarify honda fans are more harsh on honda if 'THEY' are not happy with the product.

In this case the redline guy.

I've bashed many fine hondas because i didnt like them. it happens on TOV the most.

So dont trust this guy in this case. I know it sounds counter intuitive but he would get DESTROYED if he liked it i guess on youtube.

AGAIN, i didnt watch it and wont ever. But a guy like Alex on Autos commands so much respect he can say the truth even if its NOT POPULAR. and still his comment section is relatively civil.

This guys opinion is FAR more valid than yours. He is objective and calls a turd a turd.

Hondarulez
Profile for Hondarulez
Re: “IT’S A SHAME” - Pro-Honda Reviewer Trashes RLX [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 11-15-2017 22:01
I watched the redline review and thought he's decently positive about the new RLX.

What he said is similar to what most other reviews have said. That is, the RLX is roomy, comfortable, well equipped, cheaper than others when equipped similarly, drives well but not extremely sporty.

vh2k
Profile for vh2k
Re: “IT’S A SHAME” - Pro-Honda Reviewer Trashes RLX [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 11-15-2017 22:28
Hondarulez wrote:
I watched the redline review and thought he's decently positive about the new RLX.

What he said is similar to what most other reviews have said. That is, the RLX is roomy, comfortable, well equipped, cheaper than others when equipped similarly, drives well but not extremely sporty.

Yep. Same could be said about the Buick LaCrosse. Nice but not in the same brand echelon as MB or BMW — if I’m being honest. ;)

DCR
Profile for DCR
Re: “IT’S A SHAME” - Pro-Honda Reviewer Trashes RLX [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 11-16-2017 01:56
That was an honest review, sorry you can't get your glasses off.
qingcong
Profile for qingcong
Re: “IT’S A SHAME” - Pro-Honda Reviewer Trashes RLX [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 11-18-2017 17:19
My take on it is that reviewers generally don't want to come across too negatively because then nobody wants them to review their cars later. I do not know this for a fact, that's just what makes sense to me. That savagegeese guy is always negative, but he's also funny as hell, so he's a bit of a different case.

rev2damoon
Profile for rev2damoon
Re: “IT’S A SHAME” - Pro-Honda Reviewer Trashes RLX [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 11-18-2017 19:55
I watched the entire review and I don't feel like he "trashed" the RLX at all. I don't know if that's the word I'd use.

He did seem to enjoy driving it and insinuated that folks are not buying it because they just don't know about it or how good it drives. Well, goes back to Acura and their lack of cachet. That's on Acura, not the customer.

Honda-D
Profile for Honda-D
Re: “IT’S A SHAME” - Pro-Honda Reviewer Trashes RLX [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 11-18-2017 21:26
DCR wrote:
That was an honest review, sorry you can't get your glasses off.

That's what I thought too. Click baited.

I don't think it's competitive but it is unique in the class.

evident
Profile for evident
Re: “IT’S A SHAME” - Pro-Honda Reviewer Trashes RLX [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 11-22-2017 23:56
acura wishes they could make a car HALF as fun or refined as the Lexus GS or Lexus IS. try again.

Thread Page - [1]
Contact TOV | Submit Your Article | Submit Your Link | Advertise | TOV Shop | Events | Our Sponsors | TOV Archives
Copyright © 2018 Velocitech Inc. All information contained herein remains the property of Velocitech Inc.
The Temple of VTEC is not affiliated with American Honda Motor Co., Inc. TOV Policies and Guidelines - Credits - Privacy Policy
30 mobile: 0