[home][rumors and news][model release matrix][dealer network][desktop calendar][exhaust notes][tov forums][links][search][sponsors][garage][login]

Tire Rack Upgrade Garage
 Search for a Dealer:
 Canadian Flag US Flag
 Honda Acura
 ZIP  
Team Honda Research wins ST2 at NASA Nationals with their NC1 NSX
More.......................
Acura releases details on refreshed 2019 ILX
2019 Accord loses EX-L Navi and 1.5T Touring trims
American Honda Reports August Sales Increase as Trucks Smash Previous Records
2019 NSX Debuts in Monterey with Design Updates, Chassis Enhancements and Expanded Color Palette
2019 Civic trim change summary
Honda announces changes for 2019 Civic, including new Sport trim
When is the 2019 Accord arriving in showrooms? Maybe not until 2019
Type R --> Re: '19 Variations on the CTR?
Join Discussion......
CR-Z --> Re: Honda's Biggest Mistake? Why Now Is The Time To Buy The Misunderstood CR-Z
Join Discussion......
Professional Motorsports --> Re: F1 - 2018 Russian Grand Prix
Join Discussion......
Type R --> Re: Custom Paint Job Civic Type R
Join Discussion......
Accord --> Re: 10th generation Accord Mk2 - niggles fixed with minor tweaks!
Join Discussion......
RDX --> Re: Drove one over the weekend...
Join Discussion......
Today's Reading Links --> Re: C&D Lightning Lap 2018
Join Discussion......
Civic --> Re: 2019 Civic Interior first picture
Join Discussion......
Today's Reading Links --> Re: Toyota Supra - First Drive
Join Discussion......
Professional Motorsports --> Re: Aragon MotoGP Spoiler
Join Discussion......
Photoshops --> Re: Honda URB
Join Discussion......
Accord --> Re: Looking at a 2018 Accord Sport!
Join Discussion......
Today's Reading Links --> Re: A big finger to handbrake turns
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Ford "pulls an Acura" in their latest commercial
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Mazda CX-5 to get 2.5 Turbo Engine?
Join Discussion......
First Drive: 2019 Honda Insight
Read Article....................
2019 Honda Insight PR Photo Gallery
First Drive: 2019 Acura RDX
2019 Acura RDX Features & Specifications
PR Photo Gallery - 2019 Acura RDX Advance
PR Photo Gallery - 2019 Acura RDX A-Spec

[fancy] [flat] [simple]
TOV Forums > General Talk > > Re: Honda/Acura loyalist left in the blind spot

Go to:

Viewing Threshold (What is this?)

Thread Page - [1]
Author
  Post New Thread
123456speed
Profile for 123456speed
Honda/Acura loyalist left in the blind spot    (Score: 1, Normal) 06-24-2018 22:36
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
Hello, I always enjoy reading all the experts here...
I've been looking at the market, an old Honda coupe driver like me has been left in the slow lane. (I drove Prelude, Legend coupes, CL Type S coupes. Current car is a 2003 Acura CLS 6mt.)
I like the new tech in the 2019 Insight and 2018 Accord. Sad the market does not cater to me. Mostly just sedans or SUVs. I am flexible and would consider an automatic sedan.
I looked at the new Accord, just small things like the sheet metal is so thin and flexible compared to my car.

I have highly enjoyed the Hondacars I've had, and my CLS is still fun to drive and reliable at 144k miles. I have people regularly ask me if I want to sell it. I'll probably keep it another year or so.

Acura is dead to me, I'll never forget them offering no premium 6cyl/6MT coupes between the 1995 Legend and the 1 year only 2003 CLS 6MT. Anyway Honda offerings look better currently.
Thanks for all the great knowledge I get here. Just wanted to share with some that know the old Honda days.

Hondatalover
Profile for Hondatalover
Re: Honda/Acura loyalist left in the blind spot    (Score: 1, Normal) 06-25-2018 00:03
123456speed wrote:
Hello, I always enjoy reading all the experts here...
I've been looking at the market, an old Honda coupe driver like me has been left in the slow lane. (I drove Prelude, Legend coupes, CL Type S coupes. Current car is a 2003 Acura CLS 6mt.)
I like the new tech in the 2019 Insight and 2018 Accord. Sad the market does not cater to me. Mostly just sedans or SUVs. I am flexible and would consider an automatic sedan.
I looked at the new Accord, just small things like the sheet metal is so thin and flexible compared to my car.

I have highly enjoyed the Hondacars I've had, and my CLS is still fun to drive and reliable at 144k miles. I have people regularly ask me if I want to sell it. I'll probably keep it another year or so.

Acura is dead to me, I'll never forget them offering no premium 6cyl/6MT coupes between the 1995 Legend and the 1 year only 2003 CLS 6MT. Anyway Honda offerings look better currently.
Thanks for all the great knowledge I get here. Just wanted to share with some that know the old Honda days.

It's very sad. I hope you can find something that will make you as equally as happy has your previous cars but that is a very tough wish with our modern Honda unfortunately.

bigblue
Profile for bigblue
Re: Honda/Acura loyalist left in the blind spot    (Score: 1, Normal) 06-25-2018 02:11
Previous gen Accord V6 coupe ? https://www.roadandtrack.com/car-culture/a33313/honda-accord-v6-coupe-muscle-car/
Power Of Dreams
Profile for Power Of Dreams
Re: Honda/Acura loyalist left in the blind spot    (Score: 1, Normal) 06-25-2018 03:54
Second the Accord Coupe.

I sold my cars this year and bought a $3,000 2004 Accord V6 6MT coupe (great mechanicals and interior, faded paint and dings) with 144k miles to temporarily tide me over and after two weeks, it's not temporary anymore. I'm in tears of how good this car is. It drives like it's new and while the succeeding Accords with struts handle as good or better, it's the way I think a Honda should be, double wishbones at every wheel and a stick.

Might be a little too similar to your CL-S, so maybe a 9th gen?

And try the Type-R if your budget stretches that far or the Si. I drove the new Accord at the LA Auto Show this year and the Honda rep asked me what I thought.... I told her the Accord was great, but the Civic has grown so much that I'd just get that because one thing that I feel now and haven't felt since 2000 was that the Civic wasn't a lesser car than the Accord, just a smaller one.

Nick GravesX
Profile for Nick GravesX
Re: Honda/Acura loyalist left in the blind spot    (Score: 1, Normal) 06-25-2018 05:11
Hello, 1-6speed.

I can understand your sentiments entirely.

I still miss my old Prelude and will try to avoid repeating the mistake of selling my other cars - unless they fall apart.

Mikgtir
Profile for Mikgtir
Re: Honda/Acura loyalist left in the blind spot    (Score: 1, Normal) 06-25-2018 05:45

+1

Find a manual , keep some spare cash to instal the HFP suspensions and rear "Progress" sway bar + if you can afford it also new brakes (at least new pads, ECB are very competitive), and you've got your car. It's the right moment as you can find cheap Accord V6-6 on the lots, will be a classic in 10 to 15 years if you keep it well maintained and tidy. + it has good looks

Mikgtir
Profile for Mikgtir
Re: Honda/Acura loyalist left in the blind spot    (Score: 1, Normal) 06-25-2018 05:47
cheap used ones on the lot with low miles, (corrrection)
Mikgtir
Profile for Mikgtir
Re: Honda/Acura loyalist left in the blind spot    (Score: 1, Normal) 06-25-2018 08:37
" target="_blank">
99SI
Profile for 99SI
Re: Honda/Acura loyalist left in the blind spot    (Score: 1, Normal) 06-25-2018 08:39
Exactly. I held on to my 2006 Accord V6 6MT Sedan for a lot longer than I wanted to (waiting on something to replace it) I finally gave up and leased a TLX. While the TLX is better in almost every area it is just not the same. It handles better but is disconnected. The view out of the Accord was a 1000 times better. I was thinking the 2.0T Accord would be a good next move and worthy replacement but I just can't get over the front of the car. The back could be better but I could live with that. The upcoming TLX type-s could be a good car but I am sure at close to 50k it is just in a different league.
123456speed
Profile for 123456speed
Re: Honda/Acura loyalist left in the blind spot    (Score: 1, Normal) 06-25-2018 23:51
Thanks for the responses. I'll check out FTP. Is 2013 the only year offered? As I'm getting older I was adjusting to moving away from coupes but then I get in a 4 door and all that room behind me seems wasted.
Honda is hitting their marks. The only Acura that has interested me since they killed coupes was the upscale ZDX, that car was sexy ...and ugly! I'd consider a '12 or '13 now but the mpg is prehistoric.

Thread Page - [1]
Go to:
Contact TOV | Submit Your Article | Submit Your Link | Advertise | TOV Shop | Events | Our Sponsors | TOV Archives
Copyright © 2018 Velocitech Inc. All information contained herein remains the property of Velocitech Inc.
The Temple of VTEC is not affiliated with American Honda Motor Co., Inc. TOV Policies and Guidelines - Credits - Privacy Policy
29 mobile: 0