[home][rumors and news][model release matrix][dealer network][desktop calendar][exhaust notes][tov forums][links][search][sponsors][garage][login]

Tire Rack Upgrade Garage
 Search for a Dealer:
 Canadian Flag US Flag
 Honda Acura
 ZIP  
2019 Acura MDX Arrives with Luxury and Performance Upgrades Plus First A-Spec Variant
More.......................
SPIED IN EUROPE! Civic Type R refresh
American Honda Sets New June Sales Records on Strength of Light Trucks
Honda reveals refreshed 2019 HR-V and Pilot
Acura TLX GT wins class and places 3rd overall at 2018 Pikes Peak International Hill Climb
Spied on the Street! 2019 Pilot and Pilot PHEV mule
All-New 2019 Honda Insight Brings Style, Sophistication and 55 mpg City Rating
It's Official: Honda to supply Red Bull Racing in Formula One from 2019
Today's Reading Links --> Re: Car and Driver 2019 Genesis G70 First Drive.
Join Discussion......
HR-V/Vezel --> Re: New HRV announcement but no activity here. What’s the deal?
Join Discussion......
RDX --> Re: 2019 RDX SH-AWD Acceleration numbers
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: I just realized
Join Discussion......
Strictly Technical --> Re: 03 Multiplex in Vigor
Join Discussion......
Professional Motorsports --> Re: F1 - 2018 German Grand Prix - Qualy Spoilers
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Toyota is going to run Kubernetes in every Camry sold
Join Discussion......
Fuel Cell Technology --> Re: No H2 in Toyota Vampire Land -Again
Join Discussion......
RDX --> Re: 3rd Generation Acura RDX Reviews
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Trying to decide on color
Join Discussion......
Civic --> Re: 2017 Civic Si 360whp One Take
Join Discussion......
Professional Motorsports --> Re: Indycar Rear-view Mirror: Dixon Deftly Extends Indycar Lead at Toronto
Join Discussion......
Type R --> Re: Such a damn nice car
Join Discussion......
ILX --> Re: 2019 ILX
Join Discussion......
Type R --> Re: DC-R
Join Discussion......
First Drive: 2019 Honda Insight
Read Article....................
2019 Honda Insight PR Photo Gallery
First Drive: 2019 Acura RDX
2019 Acura RDX Features & Specifications
PR Photo Gallery - 2019 Acura RDX Advance
PR Photo Gallery - 2019 Acura RDX A-Spec

[fancy] [flat] [simple]
TOV Forums > General Talk > > Re: 2019 Chevy Blazer Revealed As A Sporty Crossover

Go to:

Viewing Threshold (What is this?)

Thread Page - 1 [2]
Author
  Post New Thread
CarPhreakD
Profile for CarPhreakD
Re: 2019 Chevy Blazer Revealed As A Sporty Crossover    (Score: 1, Normal) 06-26-2018 09:36
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
While GM refuses to make a real body on frame SUV (since I'm a millenial I also associate the name to the S10/S15 Blazer/Jimmy- a truck that had surprisingly good driving feel and a pushrod V6 that was extremely low tech but is very reliable), Suzuki just released a new Jimny- a kei car with a ladder frame and front/rear solid axles.

Impossible Dream
Profile for Impossible Dream
Re: 2019 Chevy Blazer Revealed As A Sporty Crossover    (Score: 1, Normal) 06-26-2018 14:29
@ CarPhreakD, that Jimny thing is awesome! So fun and spunky...Great alternative to the Souls, Wranglers, etc. out there. If the price was really reasonable, this would make a great winter beater. Too bad it's not sold in NA....

Fitdad
Profile for Fitdad
Re: 2019 Chevy Blazer Revealed As A Sporty Crossover    (Score: 1, Normal) 06-26-2018 15:15
I would buy a Jimny so much - what a freaking awesome little car.
CarPhreakD
Profile for CarPhreakD
Re: 2019 Chevy Blazer Revealed As A Sporty Crossover    (Score: 1, Normal) 06-26-2018 15:59
Yeah, Americans get a 'small CJ' look-alike (more like actual sibling) in the Mahindra Roxor... but it's an offroad only vehicle.

https://www.roxoroffroad.com/

It appears that if you're a body-on-frame truck enthusiast and you wanted something compact, you're literally limited to the Wrangler, offroad only vehicles or maybe the upcoming Bronco (if Ford ever gets around to releasing it). There's no decently sized ladder frame truck (Toyota Taco?), and Truck-UVs don't even seem to exist anymore.

Nick GravesX
Profile for Nick GravesX
Re: 2019 Chevy Blazer Revealed As A Sporty Crossover    (Score: 1, Normal) 06-27-2018 06:52
Fitdad wrote:
I would buy a Jimny so much - what a freaking awesome little car.

Suzuki buyers (usually farming types) seem to love them!

They're very close to the original Willys/Land Rover concept, but with Japanese virtues.

Less is definitely more.

NSXman
Profile for NSXman
Re: 2019 Chevy Blazer Revealed As A Sporty Crossover    (Score: 1, Normal) 06-27-2018 12:51
What's wrong with the Tacoma and Colorado/Canyon size? Too big?
CarPhreakD
Profile for CarPhreakD
Re: 2019 Chevy Blazer Revealed As A Sporty Crossover    (Score: 1, Normal) 06-27-2018 16:28
I'm just saying that those are essentially the only "midsize" trucks you can get, but to me they're still behemoths compared to your S10s and Rangers. I love Tacos.
longhorn
Profile for longhorn
Re: 2019 Chevy Blazer Revealed As A Sporty Crossover    (Score: 1, Normal) 07-10-2018 17:20
Looks better in natural light and lighter colors.

https://www.autoblog.com/2018/07/10/2019-chevy-blazer-street-spy-photos/#slide-7373362

vh2k
Profile for vh2k
Re: 2019 Chevy Blazer Revealed As A Sporty Crossover    (Score: 1, Normal) 07-11-2018 09:08
Piano black A-pillars are a nice touch. The exterior is 9/10ths as good as the RDX. This thing is going to sell like hotcakes.

@lanta
Profile for @lanta
Re: 2019 Chevy Blazer Revealed As A Sporty Crossover    (Score: 1, Normal) 07-11-2018 10:09
The Jeep Cherokee started the trend of placing the low beam projector lamps down low on the bumper with LED DRL/Turn signal strip up top near the hood. Hyundai has followed hard with the Kona and new Santa Fe, and now Chevy is following suit.

Funny... the MMC Cherokee did away with the design and returned to a more conventional approach, but I must say their version was a lot uglier than this.

swmtam
Profile for swmtam
Re: 2019 Chevy Blazer Revealed As A Sporty Crossover    (Score: 1, Normal) 07-11-2018 10:24
Not bad looking, but at first glance it looked a little like a Lexus SUV and Nissan SUV had a love child.
longhorn
Profile for longhorn
Re: 2019 Chevy Blazer Revealed As A Sporty Crossover    (Score: 1, Normal) 07-11-2018 13:54
Stilll waiting for Honda's answer to this segment with the Passport. Interesting no spy pics yet.
NealX
Profile for NealX
Re: 2019 Chevy Blazer Revealed As A Sporty Crossover    (Score: 1, Normal) 07-11-2018 16:05
It's fine though I see a GMC something hiding in there...

Thread Page - 1 [2]
Go to:
Contact TOV | Submit Your Article | Submit Your Link | Advertise | TOV Shop | Events | Our Sponsors | TOV Archives
Copyright © 2018 Velocitech Inc. All information contained herein remains the property of Velocitech Inc.
The Temple of VTEC is not affiliated with American Honda Motor Co., Inc. TOV Policies and Guidelines - Credits - Privacy Policy
30 mobile: 0