[home][rumors and news][model release matrix][dealer network][desktop calendar][exhaust notes][tov forums][links][search][sponsors][garage][login]

Tire Rack Upgrade Garage
 Search for a Dealer:
 Canadian Flag US Flag
 Honda Acura
 ZIP  
Team Honda Research wins ST2 at NASA Nationals with their NC1 NSX
More.......................
Acura releases details on refreshed 2019 ILX
2019 Accord loses EX-L Navi and 1.5T Touring trims
American Honda Reports August Sales Increase as Trucks Smash Previous Records
2019 NSX Debuts in Monterey with Design Updates, Chassis Enhancements and Expanded Color Palette
2019 Civic trim change summary
Honda announces changes for 2019 Civic, including new Sport trim
When is the 2019 Accord arriving in showrooms? Maybe not until 2019
Type R --> Re: '19 Variations on the CTR?
Join Discussion......
CR-Z --> Re: Honda's Biggest Mistake? Why Now Is The Time To Buy The Misunderstood CR-Z
Join Discussion......
Professional Motorsports --> Re: F1 - 2018 Russian Grand Prix
Join Discussion......
Type R --> Re: Custom Paint Job Civic Type R
Join Discussion......
Accord --> Re: 10th generation Accord Mk2 - niggles fixed with minor tweaks!
Join Discussion......
RDX --> Re: Drove one over the weekend...
Join Discussion......
Today's Reading Links --> Re: C&D Lightning Lap 2018
Join Discussion......
Civic --> Re: 2019 Civic Interior first picture
Join Discussion......
Today's Reading Links --> Re: Toyota Supra - First Drive
Join Discussion......
Professional Motorsports --> Re: Aragon MotoGP Spoiler
Join Discussion......
Photoshops --> Re: Honda URB
Join Discussion......
Accord --> Re: Looking at a 2018 Accord Sport!
Join Discussion......
Today's Reading Links --> Re: A big finger to handbrake turns
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Ford "pulls an Acura" in their latest commercial
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Mazda CX-5 to get 2.5 Turbo Engine?
Join Discussion......
First Drive: 2019 Honda Insight
Read Article....................
2019 Honda Insight PR Photo Gallery
First Drive: 2019 Acura RDX
2019 Acura RDX Features & Specifications
PR Photo Gallery - 2019 Acura RDX Advance
PR Photo Gallery - 2019 Acura RDX A-Spec

[fancy] [flat] [simple]
TOV Forums > General Talk > > Re: ROAD TRIP... SOB Oregon cops

Go to:

Viewing Threshold (What is this?)

Thread Page - 1 [2]
Author
  Post New Thread
TonyEX
Profile for TonyEX
Re: ROAD TRIP... SOB Oregon cops    (Score: 1, Normal) 07-11-2018 00:52
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
NoClarity wrote:
TonyEX wrote:

Oregon Plate on your Cadillac... hmm.. IMHO, all Cadillacs should have plates from Vegas and bumper stickers from Palm Springs.

Huh? ;-)

it would be nice if they had H70 fuel along the freeway. The Clarity is a really nice ride.

;-)

I am going to LA at the end of this month. I want to take the Clarity, but I will take the gasoline car, in case Waze route me through 99, or in case no more H2 when we reach the Harris Ranch on I-5.

Please don't take this the wrong way, but from the way you described the incident with the OR cop, it sounded like you drove too much like a law-abiding citizen.

Cops half expect that people will break the traffic law of some sort if they're not aware of being watched, and anybody who drives too conservatively, especially when a cop is around raised suspicion, ergo the traffic stop as a fishing expedition.

It's almost like if I am too talkative or too nice while paying at the cash register with the credit card, more often than not, they will ask for an ID. Just happened this weekend to me.

Like I said before, on the LA freeways, I've seen people (and have done it myself too), driving past the CHP at more than 85 mph with no issue.

This one time, I was driving my TL late at night, in a pouring rain, through the grapevine (I-5). I was driving around 90-100 mph. A CHP car passing me on the right side, and just spoke through the loudspeaker for me to "Slow down" "Slow down..."

(1) I am a law abiding citizen. And in Oregon I want no trouble, so I do my best not to incite cops. If being law abiding is an invitation for getting pulled over, just as not being law abiding is also an invitation for getting pulled over, then we're in a case of GUILTY BEFORE INNOCENT.... and this is complete bullshit. That is a fascist approach to the law: "Arrest the usual suspects".

(2) Yeah, that happened to me a couple of times by the CHP. The guy just got on his mike and told me to slow down. the CHP is one of the very few institutions in Calimexistan that I respect.

TonyEX
Profile for TonyEX
Re: ROAD TRIP... SOB Oregon cops    (Score: 1, Normal) 07-11-2018 00:57
Jld94 wrote:
CarPhreakD wrote:
Tony, just be glad that you were not black and had to worry about whether or not you will end up shot. You can use your pseudo-white privilege and just vent about it on TOV.

I'm pretty sure the 'have to get a new car....such a burden' threads were not getting enough responses to stroke the ego so this will have to do.

WTF?

superchg2
Profile for superchg2
Re: ROAD TRIP... SOB Oregon cops    (Score: 1, Normal) 07-11-2018 02:57
TonyEX wrote:
Jld94 wrote:
CarPhreakD wrote:
Tony, just be glad that you were not black and had to worry about whether or not you will end up shot. You can use your pseudo-white privilege and just vent about it on TOV.

I'm pretty sure the 'have to get a new car....such a burden' threads were not getting enough responses to stroke the ego so this will have to do.

WTF?

You don't agree?

NoClarity
Profile for NoClarity
Re: ROAD TRIP... SOB Oregon cops    (Score: 1, Normal) 07-11-2018 15:45
TonyEX wrote:

(1) I am a law abiding citizen. And in Oregon I want no trouble, so I do my best not to incite cops. If being law abiding is an invitation for getting pulled over, just as not being law abiding is also an invitation for getting pulled over, then we're in a case of GUILTY BEFORE INNOCENT.... and this is complete bullshit. That is a fascist approach to the law: "Arrest the usual suspects".

(2) Yeah, that happened to me a couple of times by the CHP. The guy just got on his mike and told me to slow down. the CHP is one of the very few institutions in Calimexistan that I respect.

OK, Cool. I got what you're saying, kind of damn if you and damn if you don't [follow the traffic law].

I guess you didn't get a ticket but was just upset from being profiled?

It could be that the cop was just pissed that you moved in front of him, and blocked his front view with the tall Ridgeline, and want to show who's boss.

Cops used to the sheep movement of letting the lane open in front of them like when Moses parted the red sea.

TonyEX
Profile for TonyEX
Re: ROAD TRIP... SOB Oregon cops    (Score: 1, Normal) 07-11-2018 16:02
superchg2 wrote:
TonyEX wrote:
Jld94 wrote:
CarPhreakD wrote:

WTF?

You don't agree?

Nyet. I do not agree.

YOU could share your stories... but most people have no idea how to write cogently and tell a tale. Y'all go for it... it's sooo easy to be a critic, so hard to be a producer.

So damn easy to engage in cheap ad hominem shots. (which btw, really pisses me off as it just underlies a fundamental intellectual dishonesty and often a concomitant lack of syllogism). (*)

Things like, getting your sentences correct. Mixing and matching styles (syntax and semantics). How do you construct a story?

Short sentences/paragraphs - staccato, action
Long sentences - detailed/complete descriptions
Tenses -create tension, define action/time/space correctly
Person
Humor/Seriousness
Sarcasm
Extensive use of bookmarks to provide branching of thoughts.
Media - use of recursive hyperlinks (which Jeff -such a philistine- doesn't approve)

Etc, etc...

And, as a matter of fact, IT IS A PITA to switch cars every 11 months. Insurance, XM, reprogramming it, learning it (**), etc..., you are never comfortable in the car. The whole point of a Hondacar is a vehicle you can enjoy without hassles... get in, turn the key (press the button) and go happily. And on one year leases, there are never enough low mileage used cars for sale at a good price for associate purchase.

Thank God they are now going back to two year leases.

Maybe I should have typed my responses to Mr. OSP. I'm positive, my sarcasm would have been lost on that kid. (***)

(*) I used the words "holistic" and "coherence" (****) in a senior staff meeting yesterday. Blew over the bosses with their marketing speak "leveraging our synergies"... Oh well, we're still "partners in the same ecosystem even if we're incoherent at times".

(**) Why can't AHM come up with a uniform Honda-Way is beyond me.

(***) You know you get old when the cops look like Archie Andrews.

(****) Using the Physics definition.

TonyEX
Profile for TonyEX
Re: ROAD TRIP... SOB Oregon cops    (Score: 1, Normal) 07-11-2018 17:20
NoClarity wrote:
TonyEX wrote:

OK, Cool. I got what you're saying, kind of damn if you and damn if you don't [follow the traffic law].

It could be that the cop was just pissed that you moved in front of him, and blocked his front view with the tall Ridgeline, and want to show who's boss.

Cops used to the sheep movement of letting the lane open in front of them like when Moses parted the red sea.

The cop was passing me and then slowed down and sat back a few cars lengths behind me on the driver's side matching my speed while I was about to run up the rear of the truck.

The lane was cleared well ahead of him. He should have passed me and the truck and then I would have gone back to the fast lane, behind him, to pass the truck. THAT'S how traffic is supposed to flow.

When was the last time you saw a cop going 3 miles under the speed limit?

I suppose, I could have slowed down to 55 and force the moron to do something. After all, what's the minimum speed limit on an interstate? 45? Man, that would have been funny, if I had punched 45 on the cruise control and gone that way for the next three exits.

You know... the cop was driving illegally at that speed on the Left Lane, because, the funny thing is than in Oregon they got freeway signs that read: left lane for passing.

Besides, there was plenty of room when I changed lanes in front of him. Everything else was pure bullshit on his part.

Jld94
Profile for Jld94
Re: ROAD TRIP... SOB Oregon cops    (Score: 1, Normal) 07-11-2018 17:55
TonyEX wrote:
NoClarity wrote:
TonyEX wrote:

The cop was passing me and then slowed down and sat back a few cars lengths behind me on the driver's side matching my speed while I was about to run up the rear of the truck.

The lane was cleared well ahead of him. He should have passed me and the truck and then I would have gone back to the fast lane, behind him, to pass the truck. THAT'S how traffic is supposed to flow.

When was the last time you saw a cop going 3 miles under the speed limit?

I suppose, I could have slowed down to 55 and force the moron to do something. After all, what's the minimum speed limit on an interstate? 45? Man, that would have been funny, if I had punched 45 on the cruise control and gone that way for the next three exits.

You know... the cop was driving illegally at that speed on the Left Lane, because, the funny thing is than in Oregon they got freeway signs that read: left lane for passing.

Besides, there was plenty of room when I changed lanes in front of him. Everything else was pure bullshit on his part.

Cool story bro

NoClarity
Profile for NoClarity
Re: ROAD TRIP... SOB Oregon cops    (Score: 1, Normal) 07-13-2018 14:43
TonyEX wrote:

That's correct, I remember that. I thought WA interstates have them too.

Thread Page - 1 [2]
Go to:
Contact TOV | Submit Your Article | Submit Your Link | Advertise | TOV Shop | Events | Our Sponsors | TOV Archives
Copyright © 2018 Velocitech Inc. All information contained herein remains the property of Velocitech Inc.
The Temple of VTEC is not affiliated with American Honda Motor Co., Inc. TOV Policies and Guidelines - Credits - Privacy Policy
30 mobile: 0