[home][rumors and news][model release matrix][dealer network][desktop calendar][exhaust notes][tov forums][links][search][sponsors][garage][login]

Tire Rack Upgrade Garage
 Search for a Dealer:
 Canadian Flag US Flag
 Honda Acura
 ZIP  
Honda announces changes for 2019 Civic, including new Sport trim
More.......................
When is the 2019 Accord arriving in showrooms? Maybe not until 2019
American Honda Reports July Sales Results
Official statement from Honda concerning flooding of Celaya factory
News from the dealer side: 2019 HR-V, Fit, and Insight production impacted due to flooding in Celaya
2019 Honda HR-V updated with styling tweaks, Apple CarPlay/Android Auto, and available Honda Sensing
2019 Acura MDX Arrives with Luxury and Performance Upgrades Plus First A-Spec Variant
SPIED IN EUROPE! Civic Type R refresh
Accord --> Re: Local dealer has a bunch of new 17 Accord Tourings in front of building.
Join Discussion......
RLX --> Re: 2019 Acura RLX
Join Discussion......
Professional Motorsports --> Re: Alonso Quits F1
Join Discussion......
TLX --> Re: Extremely fitting
Join Discussion......
RDX --> Re: Sat in an Advance - Complaints
Join Discussion......
Today's Reading Links --> Re: Alaska Airlines plane hijacked
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: '08 Honda Leather
Join Discussion......
Type R --> Re: DC-R
Join Discussion......
Ridgeline - General Talk --> Re: Ridgeline outlasts Taco in Death Valley Torture Test
Join Discussion......
Fuel Cell Technology --> Re: The FB Clarity FCEV group is full of shit
Join Discussion......
RDX --> Re: RDX - Why Espresso Interior with Grey Headliner??
Join Discussion......
Fuel Cell Technology --> Re: H2 for All... again at last!
Join Discussion......
Honda Motorcycles --> Re: Retro Honda CBX returning - yes it has an L6. July 12-18
Join Discussion......
Civic --> Re: Re:Honda Debuts 2019 Civic Sport in Sedan and Coupe Form
Join Discussion......
HR-V/Vezel --> Re: European HRV with 1.5 L VTEC Turbo engine coming Spring 2019
Join Discussion......
First Drive: 2019 Honda Insight
Read Article....................
2019 Honda Insight PR Photo Gallery
First Drive: 2019 Acura RDX
2019 Acura RDX Features & Specifications
PR Photo Gallery - 2019 Acura RDX Advance
PR Photo Gallery - 2019 Acura RDX A-Spec

[fancy] [flat] [simple]
TOV Forums > Fuel Cell Technology > > Re: No H2 in Toyota Vampire Land -Again

Go to:

Viewing Threshold (What is this?)

Thread Page - [1] 2 3
Author
  Post New Thread
TonyEX
Profile for TonyEX
Fuck Toyota    (Score: 1, Normal) 07-18-2018 23:12
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
So, my wife tried to get H2 AT THREE STATIONS TONIGHT.

They are ALL OUT OF FUEL.

According to the UCI attendant, they are VERY BUSY nowadays.

Why?

Because GOD DAMNED TOYOTA KEEPS SELLING MIRAIS as if the supply of hydrogen was unlimited.

TOYOTA IS KILLING THE FUEL CELL MARKET.

FUCK THEM.

Check out the numbers:

http://carsalesbase.com/us-car-sales-data/toyota/toyota-mirai/

TonyEX
Profile for TonyEX
Re: Fuck Toyota    (Score: 1, Normal) 07-18-2018 23:16
TonyEX wrote:

Why?

Because GOD DAMNED TOYOTA KEEPS SELLING MIRAIS as if the supply of hydrogen was unlimited.

FUCK THEM.

Check out the numbers:

Check this out... OUT OF FUEL.

As of now, Torrance shows they're online, but when my wife was there, about 45 minutes ago, they were offline.

Lots of stations OUT OF FUEL.

It was bad enough when Toyota decided to sell millions of Priuses, at least then they were not impacting the supply of gasoline, but now, Toyota if fucking everybody.

JeffX
Profile for JeffX
Re: Toyota Mirai    (Score: 1, Normal) 07-19-2018 01:16
TonyEX wrote:
TonyEX wrote:

Why?

FUCK THEM.

Check out the numbers:

As of now, Torrance shows they're online, but when my wife was there, about 45 minutes ago, they were offline.

It was bad enough when Toyota decided to sell millions of Priuses, at least then they were not impacting the supply of gasoline, but now, Toyota if fucking everybody.

If anything, this should drive the H2 supply side to work harder. You're literally on the bleeding effing edge of transportation with your FCV. More Mirais and Claritys means more demand for that sweet colorless, odorless gas, and maybe the infrastructure will finally respond rather than just making random fart noises in response to spurious press releases.

TonyEX
Profile for TonyEX
Re: Toyota Mirai    (Score: 1, Normal) 07-19-2018 11:04
JeffX wrote:
TonyEX wrote:
TonyEX wrote:

Why?

FUCK THEM.

Check out the numbers:

If anything, this should drive the H2 supply side to work harder. You're literally on the bleeding effing edge of transportation with your FCV. More Mirais and Claritys means more demand for that sweet colorless, odorless gas, and maybe the infrastructure will finally respond rather than just making random fart noises in response to spurious press releases.

Yes, academically speaking that makes sense.

But, as Thornton Melon said, that's not how it works in the real world.

In Calimexistan there are a lots of regulations, ask Shawn, on businesses and it takes almost two years to set up a hydrogen tank and compressor.

Toyota is putting out too many Mirais too fast and the end result will be a lot of bad blood and a bad name for the technology: "Oh, you can't gas for those things.."

Case in point, my wife can't take the car to work today, not enough fuel. Thankfully, my commute is short so I'll take it and hope I can get it fueled up at UCI since Newport is down and Costa Mesa is out of fuel.

superchg2
Profile for superchg2
Re: Toyota Mirai    (Score: 1, Normal) 07-19-2018 13:50
TonyEX wrote:
JeffX wrote:
TonyEX wrote:
TonyEX wrote:

Why?

FUCK THEM.

Check out the numbers:

In Calimexistan there are a lots of regulations, ask Shawn, on businesses and it takes almost two years to set up a hydrogen tank and compressor.

Toyota is putting out too many Mirais too fast and the end result will be a lot of bad blood and a bad name for the technology: "Oh, you can't gas for those things.."

Case in point, my wife can't take the car to work today, not enough fuel. Thankfully, my commute is short so I'll take it and hope I can get it fueled up at UCI since Newport is down and Costa Mesa is out of fuel.

TonyEX
Profile for TonyEX
Re: Toyota Mirai    (Score: 1, Normal) 07-19-2018 16:28
superchg2 wrote:
TonyEX wrote:
JeffX wrote:
TonyEX wrote:
TonyEX wrote:

Why?

FUCK THEM.

Check out the numbers:

I've been looking at that one, but it's not clear that it'll make it to the US.

TonyEX
Profile for TonyEX
Re: Fuck Toyota    (Score: 1, Normal) 07-19-2018 17:09
(1) As I type this, more than half the H2 stations in SoCal are out of fuel.. How good is free fuel when you can't get it?

https://cafcp.org/stationmap

(2) I went to UCI at 11:00AM to fuel up. Ahead of me was a Clarity and two Mirai. By the time I got to fuel up, there were SIX Mirai behind me. Three of those Mirai were brand new, no plates yet.

They had fuel this AM, but it shows they've used up quite a bit by now.

A year ago, before the Mirai onslaught, I could go during the day to UCI and fill up. Today, it took me 50 minutes to fill up...

BTW, while I was waiting, I got to talking to one of the Mirai drivers. He said he seldom gets over 250 mile range.... when I filled up today, I saw 315 miles.

TonyEX
Profile for TonyEX
Toyota: The Hydrogen Vampires    (Score: 1, Normal) 07-19-2018 17:31
TonyEX wrote:
(1) As I type this, more than half the H2 stations in SoCal are out of fuel.. How good is free fuel when you can't get it?

(2) I went to UCI at 11:00AM to fuel up. Ahead of me was a Clarity and two Mirai. By the time I got to fuel up, there were SIX Mirai behind me. Three of those Mirai were brand new, no plates yet.

They had fuel this AM, but it shows they've used up quite a bit by now.

A year ago, before the Mirai onslaught, I could go during the day to UCI and fill up. Today, it took me 50 minutes to fill up...

BTW, while I was waiting, I got to talking to one of the Mirai drivers. He said he seldom gets over 250 mile range.... when I filled up today, I saw 315 miles.

UCI has just run out of H2. It was out last night, they brought in two trucks, the place was running non stop this morning and now...

It's crazy.

I'm concerned that UCI might take its H2 station off the market and make it a fleet only. At this pace, they can't get their own fleet of cars and buses filled up.

Hopefully, they'll add second station, but that will take at least two years.

DCR
Profile for DCR
Re: Toyota: The Hydrogen Vampires    (Score: 1, Normal) 07-19-2018 18:17
Looking at that site, it says buses fuel at UCI from 10 PM - 2AM. That can't help the supply.
superchg2
Profile for superchg2
Re: Fuck Toyota    (Score: 1, Normal) 07-19-2018 18:35
TonyEX wrote:

Why?

FUCK THEM.

Check out the numbers:

KaizenDo
Profile for KaizenDo
Re: Fuck Toyota    (Score: 1, Normal) 07-19-2018 19:36
Besides the quite humoristic part from Tony, it seems that Fuel Cell cars are being accepted and sales are rising - likewise the demand for hydrogen.

This "free fuel" stuff, didn't it meant that the maker would be paying the hydrogen? In that case it might become lucrative to put up some more hydrogen gas stations and H2 production facilities.

TonyEX
Profile for TonyEX
Toyota Hydrogen Vampires -no H2 is SoCal    (Score: 1, Normal) 07-19-2018 20:53
DCR wrote:
Looking at that site, it says buses fuel at UCI from 10 PM - 2AM. That can't help the supply.

Almost all H2 stations in The OC are OUT OF HYDROGEN... and most of the H2 stations in LA are also OUT OF HYDROGEN.

Those God Damned Mirais are sucking it dry. UCI has none left. NONE!

Someone ought to take Toyota out to the woodshed and bring this out. They need to STOP SELLING MIRAIS to their exPrius owners.

This is not gonna end up well.

TonyEX
Profile for TonyEX
No H2 in Toyota Vampire Land    (Score: 1, Normal) 07-19-2018 21:07
I just spoke with someone...

He said there has been an issue lately with getting product but he hopes it will be fixed by this Saturday.

Currently many (most?) stations in SoCal have no H2 and no delivery date set.

UCI is only getting one tank in the middle of the night and that's gone by mid afternoon... none after 3:00PM! Right now they're not getting a second delivery.

Meanwhile, the Mirai keep sucking it dry. Maybe tomorrow we'll see a bunch of Mirai parked on the side of the freeway...

I guess I ought to be happy I got a full tank this morning. I'll keep the wife in the Ridgeline. Even if we have to pay for the gas, at least we can get it.

Damn... I feel like those Mirai Vampires are making me live in a Venezuelan H2 Economy.

TonyEX
Profile for TonyEX
Re:Toyota Mirai Vampires    (Score: 1, Normal) 07-19-2018 21:47
JeffX wrote:

Jeff, Jeff... you assume this experiment is happening in Georgia, Texas, Kansas, etc... a place where the free market might be at work?

Look at the lead times to set up a hydrogen "fueling station" in my Soviet Republick of Calimexistan... mind you... in many cases it just looks like a big propane tank with a compressor on the side. It don't take much room. So, if we had anything like a free market by now we'd have like 100 stations in Yuzhnaya Kaliformexistan and 20 on the way to Our Lady of Vegas and San Franciskovich...

Heck, in Vegas, the Winn and Trump would have 20 bay filling stations. Facilties for 1500 Kg per day.. Each. Just hold off on that cigar for another 20 minutes, sir. Thank you.

Instead, we have the apparatchiks handling the whole thing, with paperworksky, komissars, lawyers, reports to the Politburo and Duma in Sacramentograd, Five Year Plans, more lawyers, Climate Change Impakt Studies by Academics and Committees, lots of more lawyers, enviro nazis, the enviro nazi lawyers, the chicano enviro nazi lawyers, every possible variation on identity politics represented with their lawyers to make sure that H2 dispenser won't insult anybody, H2 rights civil lawyers, bills from Antonio Villaraigosa's limo, etc, etc, etc.... It takes about two years, or more, just to set up a small hydrogen tank and dispenser 30 feet away from the Monster cooler.

WTF?

Hell, in a free market, we'd see Mexican Roach Coaches turned into rolling H2 filling stations. You can get a nice taco while you fill up.

"Eh Juanita, I'll have five kilos a hache sesenta, two tacos al carbon -picantes- and a Coronita, por favor... Muchas Gracias"

I figure a big chunk of the cost of the Calimexistan Hydrongenski is tied with the nomenklatura and their attempts to justify their raison d'etre.

Cabrones y la madre que los pario!

superchg2
Profile for superchg2
Re: No H2 in Toyota Vampire Land    (Score: 1, Normal) 07-19-2018 22:12
TonyEX wrote:

He said there has been an issue lately with getting product but he hopes it will be fixed by this Saturday.

UCI is only getting one tank in the middle of the night and that's gone by mid afternoon... none after 3:00PM! Right now they're not getting a second delivery.

Meanwhile, the Mirai keep sucking it dry. Maybe tomorrow we'll see a bunch of Mirai parked on the side of the freeway...

I guess I ought to be happy I got a full tank this morning. I'll keep the wife in the Ridgeline. Even if we have to pay for the gas, at least we can get it.

Damn... I feel like those Mirai Vampires are making me live in a Venezuelan H2 Economy.

Reminds me of when I first started driving, back in 1973...

TonyEX
Profile for TonyEX
Re: No H2 in Toyota Vampire Land    (Score: 1, Normal) 07-19-2018 22:23
superchg2 wrote:
TonyEX wrote:

Reminds me of when I first started driving, back in 1973...

Hey compadre... you wanna exchange some Costco Toilet Paper for a couple of kilos of H70 hydrogen? The good stuff, man! None of that H35. And the TeePee is soooo soft. Da Kine for your exhaust.

The issue back then was that everyone freaked out fearing there would be no gas, so everyone went to the gas station at the same time to "top off their tanks" and caused a fake shortage.

The problem we got here is a manufacturer that decides to make money off the infrastructure created by others and at the same time make it so, from a marketing point of view, FC becomes synonymous with Toyota.

And in the process of doing this, sells way too many cars to clueless consumers who really don't understand what they're getting -and into- and overwhelms the current fuel supply - creating a shortage - and putative supply growth.

If you know about FC, you avoid the Mirai, it's a POS. But, if you're a Prius owner you see it as yet another Butt Ugly Mars Attacks Product and don't realize you're getting a bill of goods.

No matter how crappy their product is. it's a Toyota after all... did you actually expect it to be bleeding state of the art with anything but a Japanese Barcalounger Tatami handling?

superchg2
Profile for superchg2
Re: No H2 in Toyota Vampire Land    (Score: 1, Normal) 07-19-2018 22:35
TonyEX wrote:

The issue back then was that everyone freaked out fearing there would be no gas, so everyone went to the gas station at the same time to "top off their tanks" and caused a fake shortage.

This was actually a real shortage caused by the Arab Oil Embargo from October of 1973 until March of 1974.

https://www.thebalance.com/opec-oil-embargo-causes-and-effects-of-the-crisis-3305806

KaizenDo
Profile for KaizenDo
Re: No H2 in Toyota Vampire Land    (Score: 1, Normal) 07-20-2018 18:48

TonyEX
Profile for TonyEX
Re: No H2 in Toyota Vampire Land -Again    (Score: 1, Normal) 07-20-2018 19:43
Most stations are once again EMPTY.

UCI went from 130 to 0 in four hours! By noon it had no more hydrogen!!

Long Beach had fuel this morning, now it's empty.

There is NO HYDROGEN IN ALL OF ORANGE COUNTRY.

Torrance is out.

I can only imagine what a mad house this must be, with long lines of fucking Toyotas sucking up all the fuel.

superchg2
Profile for superchg2
Re: No H2 in Toyota Vampire Land -Again    (Score: 1, Normal) 07-20-2018 20:20
TonyEX wrote:

Torrance is out.

I can only imagine what a mad house this must be, with long lines of fucking Toyotas sucking up all the fuel.

Toyota has no motor scooters for their Hydrogen Heads.

KaizenDo
Profile for KaizenDo
Re: No H2 in Toyota Vampire Land -Again    (Score: 1, Normal) 07-20-2018 20:50
TonyEX wrote:

Torrance is out.

TonyEX
Profile for TonyEX
Re: No H2 in Toyota Vampire Land -Again    (Score: 1, Normal) 07-20-2018 21:04
It looks like some deliveries were made at around 4:30.

The site reports a full UCI and half full in Costa Mesa and Laguna Niguel. It looks like UCI must have gotten a tanker sometime after 5 o'clock. The site's comments shows it still empty, but the status shows H70 capacity at 190.

Note: That's a lot of wear and tear at UCI. I sure hope it doesn't break down.

Santa Monica, Calabasas have fuel, and some in South Pasadena. Otherwise no fuel in West LA.

Torrance is running low, and Long Beach has none.

I've never seen it this bad.

TonyEX
Profile for TonyEX
Re: No H2 in Toyota Vampire Land -Again    (Score: 1, Normal) 07-20-2018 21:19
TonyEX wrote:

The site reports a full UCI and half full in Costa Mesa and Laguna Niguel. It looks like UCI must have gotten a tanker sometime after 5 o'clock. The site's comments shows it still empty, but the status shows H70 capacity at 190.

Santa Monica, Calabasas have fuel, and some in South Pasadena. Otherwise no fuel in West LA.

Take that back... UCI now shows empty.... WTF.... I'm sure I cleared my browser's cache... is the site now unreliable as well?

TonyEX
Profile for TonyEX
Re: No H2 in Toyota Vampire Land -Again    (Score: 1, Normal) 07-20-2018 21:27
TonyEX wrote:
TonyEX wrote:

Take that back... UCI now shows empty.... WTF.... I'm sure I cleared my browser's cache... is the site now unreliable as well?

UCI now show fuel.... but it's down to 184... in less than 8 minutes!

I wonder how long the line is...

KaizenDo
Profile for KaizenDo
Re: No H2 in Toyota Vampire Land -Again    (Score: 1, Normal) 07-21-2018 06:59
So all these gas stations have no self production facilities like Honda's SHS, but are only fueled externally?
TonyEX
Profile for TonyEX
Re: No H2 in Toyota Vampire Land -Again    (Score: 1, Normal) 07-21-2018 12:49
KaizenDo wrote:
So all these gas stations have no self production facilities like Honda's SHS, but are only fueled externally?

Most rely on the fuel being trucked in, just like gasoline stations. I believe Air Products is the producer in SoCal. It sells its hydrogen to other distributors.

The Shell station is Torrance uses a pipeline, which I figure come from a nearby refinery. The Shell station in Newport Beach uses a reformer to make hydrogen from natural gas.

KaizenDo
Profile for KaizenDo
Re: No H2 in Toyota Vampire Land -Again    (Score: 1, Normal) 07-22-2018 05:04
TonyEX wrote:
KaizenDo wrote:

Most rely on the fuel being trucked in, just like gasoline stations. I believe Air Products is the producer in SoCal. It sells its hydrogen to other distributors.

The Shell station is Torrance uses a pipeline, which I figure come from a nearby refinery. The Shell station in Newport Beach uses a reformer to make hydrogen from natural gas.

OK, I see the issue here then. Unexpected high demand meets slow infrastructure. I thought California should have installed pretty much enough solar power to have the one or another electrolysis station.

TonyEX
Profile for TonyEX
Re: Fuck Toyota -a PANIC run on fuel    (Score: 1, Normal) 07-22-2018 13:49
TonyEX wrote:

Why?

FUCK THEM.

Check out the numbers:

It looks like PANIC.

People seem to be running and filling up... the UCI station just ran out. It was dispensing at a 30Kg per hour rate!!! That means there must have been a long line of cars.

Mirai for sure.

Costa Mesa still has fuel, but I'll bet that the Mirai will descend like a cloud of locusts onto it and by mid afternoon it will be empty ( showing 56Kg capacity as of now).

superchg2
Profile for superchg2
Re: Fuck Toyota -a PANIC run on fuel    (Score: 1, Normal) 07-22-2018 14:03
TonyEX wrote:
TonyEX wrote:

Why?

FUCK THEM.

Check out the numbers:

It looks like PANIC.

People seem to be running and filling up... the UCI station just ran out. It was dispensing at a 30Kg per hour rate!!! That means there must have been a long line of cars.

Mirai for sure.

Costa Mesa still has fuel, but I'll bet that the Mirai will descend like a cloud of locusts onto it and by mid afternoon it will be empty ( showing 56Kg capacity as of now).

So, the Mirai are the SoCal locust's in your very own War of the World's.

TonyEX
Profile for TonyEX
Re: No H2 in Toyota Vampire Land -Again    (Score: 1, Normal) 07-22-2018 14:16
KaizenDo wrote:
TonyEX wrote:
KaizenDo wrote:

OK, I see the issue here then. Unexpected high demand meets slow infrastructure. I thought California should have installed pretty much enough solar power to have the one or another electrolysis station.

It's Toyota doing their short term thing and warping the market. They should be working with the infrastructure, not outstripping it. Perhaps they want to own the market, like Prius, and force others out?

Even though the Mirai is a 2nd generation POS FC design.

Just like years ago when they started to pump out Priuses and they fucked up the HOV program for hybrids. Meaning they took it away from EVERYBODY.

In this case, they run the risk of destroying hydrogen as a source. These are Prius-Mirai drivers, see? They are not car people and have no idea of H2. The Clarity FCEV drivers I've met were fully cognitive of Hydrogen as a fuel. The Toyota drivers, not so.

The latest problem was a difficulty in the supply of hydrogen. I believe it was solved and things should be OK by the middle of next week.

Meanwhile. the Prius-Mirai drivers are being conditioned to PANIC SHOP their fuel.

It was already getting bad with long lines in places that previously had been easy to fuel up, but now it's worse.

I'll give you an idea... the local stations are getting hydrogen, but UCI is dispensing it, this morning, at a rate of 30Kg-hr... consequently they just ran out.

PANIC, PANIC, PANIC...

In any event, anyone who buys an alternate fuel vehicle as their only one should have their brain checked. They are great, but forget long road trips and be ready to address the Marauding Mass of Mirai in their quest for fuel.

Thread Page - [1] 2 3
Go to:
Contact TOV | Submit Your Article | Submit Your Link | Advertise | TOV Shop | Events | Our Sponsors | TOV Archives
Copyright © 2018 Velocitech Inc. All information contained herein remains the property of Velocitech Inc.
The Temple of VTEC is not affiliated with American Honda Motor Co., Inc. TOV Policies and Guidelines - Credits - Privacy Policy
29 mobile: 0