[home][rumors and news][model release matrix][dealer network][desktop calendar][exhaust notes][tov forums][links][search][sponsors][garage][login]

Tire Rack Upgrade Garage
 Search for a Dealer:
 Canadian Flag US Flag
 Honda Acura
 ZIP  
American Honda Reports November Sales
More.......................
2019 Honda Passport Makes World Debut: Adventure-Ready All-New 5-passenger SUV at 2018 LA Auto Show
More.......................
LIVE from Los Angeles: TOV's coverage of the 2019 Honda Passport reveal
More.......................
First Look: DNA Collectibles releases Urban EV Concept 1:18 scale model
More.......................
All-New 2019 Honda Passport Starts Adventure with Global Debut in Los Angeles
More.......................
2019 CR-V goes on sale with few changes, nominal price increase
More.......................
2019 Honda Civic Type R and Civic Hatchback Accelerate into Dealerships
More.......................
American Honda Reports October Sales
More.......................
Today's Reading Links --> Re: " The Sedans are coming, the Sedans are coming! "
Join Discussion......
Professional Motorsports --> Re: World Superbikes Ten Kate Team Bankrupt
Join Discussion......
Civic --> Re: 22 mm Progressive Sway Bar on Civic Si
Join Discussion......
Ridgeline - Modifications --> Re: Rear Door Hack
Join Discussion......
Videos --> Re: The NSX replaces the ZR1
Join Discussion......
Videos --> Re: Vivid Racing Tune the NSX MkII
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: What is the Most Practical Car Color
Join Discussion......
TLX --> Re: Type-S caught testing
Join Discussion......
Photoshops --> Re: Legend
Join Discussion......
Accord --> Re: Accord 2.0 Touring: Additional Impressions
Join Discussion......
TSX --> Re: TSX+Conti Control Contact AS vs 9" snow
Join Discussion......
Pilot --> Re: Anybody towing with 9AT Pilot or Odysseys?
Join Discussion......
Strictly Technical --> Re: B16 Heads
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Need Help
Join Discussion......
Professional Motorsports --> Re: F1 - 2018 Abu Dhabi Grand Prix
Join Discussion......
2019 Acura NSX PR Photo Gallery
Read Article....................
First Drive: 2019 Acura ILX
Read Article....................
2019 Acura ILX PR Photo Gallery
Read Article....................
First Drive: 2019 Honda Pilot
Read Article....................
2019 Honda Pilot PR Photo Gallery
Read Article....................
First Drive: 2019 Honda Insight
Read Article....................

[fancy] [flat] [simple]
TOV Forums > RLX > > Re: 2019 Acura RLX

Go to:

Viewing Threshold (What is this?)

Thread Page - [1]
Author
  Post New Thread
AcCoRdV6ExNaVi
Profile for AcCoRdV6ExNaVi
2019 Acura RLX    (Score: 1, Normal) 08-16-2018 18:09
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
Looks like 2019 Acura RLX is eSH-AWD only and didn't get the updated TLX/MDX infotainment system. Press release is not yet published on hondanews.com. But to be honest, the base model would have been a better sell if it at least come with standard mechanical SH-AWD.

Should've, could've, would've...

https://www.acura.com/rlx

Chris_6MT
Profile for Chris_6MT
Re: 2019 Acura RLX    (Score: 1, Normal) 08-16-2018 18:24
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
AcCoRdV6ExNaVi wrote:
Looks like 2019 Acura RLX is eSH-AWD only and didn't get the updated TLX/MDX infotainment system. Press release is not yet published on hondanews.com. But to be honest, the base model would have been a better sell if it at least come with standard mechanical SH-AWD.

Should've, could've, would've...

https://www.acura.com/rlx



Very interesting. Actually, very interesting in 3 years when this thing is on the lot for $26k with 36k miles.

The FWD RLX was so dumb from the beginning...and all the option packages...itís like they learned zero lessons from the failures of the RL.

MSZ
Profile for MSZ
Re: 2019 Acura RLX    (Score: 1, Normal) 08-16-2018 18:56
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
It has been SHAWD only for Canada since 2016.
Mikeydred
Profile for Mikeydred
Re: 2019 Acura RLX    (Score: 1, Normal) 08-16-2018 21:09
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
Its updated on the Acura site as well one fully loaded package, at 50k to 55k not a bad deal of course no one will pay the 62k according to Acura page, but in theory should raise transaction prices a bit and ESHAWD has accounted for most of RLX dismal sales maybe they plan to get more on the lots.
99SI
Profile for 99SI
Re: 2019 Acura RLX    (Score: 1, Normal) 08-16-2018 21:34
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
Interesting enough I sat in a 2018 last time I was at my Acura store. The updates are really nice. I can without reservation say that that materials, fit and finish on this car are where they need to be. But I agree if this is your flagship sedan it shouldn't be continuing with the old infotainment and should really be a showcase car. Why not a standard 400hp eSH-AWD system? I am still a firm believer that Acura should have kept the TSX, TL and ILX size vehicle and forget the RLX. The TL would have been the perfect car as the top of the sedan lineup.
Civicb18
Profile for Civicb18
Re: 2019 Acura RLX    (Score: 1, Normal) 08-17-2018 03:48
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
99SI wrote:
Interesting enough I sat in a 2018 last time I was at my Acura store. The updates are really nice. I can without reservation say that that materials, fit and finish on this car are where they need to be. But I agree if this is your flagship sedan it shouldn't be continuing with the old infotainment and should really be a showcase car. Why not a standard 400hp eSH-AWD system? I am still a firm believer that Acura should have kept the TSX, TL and ILX size vehicle and forget the RLX. The TL would have been the perfect car as the top of the sedan lineup.



I actually think the sizing of the current sedans are appropriate it itís the execution that was way off with the TLX being the best out of the 3. However, if the 2019 RDX is any indication of where Acura is headed, these 3 should at the very least should be highly competent in their next generations.

dydx
Profile for dydx
Re: 2019 Acura RLX    (Score: 1, Normal) 08-17-2018 16:07
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
Chris_6MT wrote:



...itís like they learned zero lessons from the failures of the RL.


that is what is so frustrating to watch as a fan of the brand. They're just tone deaf to the market and the critics' responses.


 
Thread Page - [1]
Go to:
Contact TOV | Submit Your Article | Submit Your Link | Advertise | TOV Shop | Events | Our Sponsors | TOV Archives
Copyright © 2018 Velocitech Inc. All information contained herein remains the property of Velocitech Inc.
The Temple of VTEC is not affiliated with American Honda Motor Co., Inc. TOV Policies and Guidelines - Credits - Privacy Policy
29 mobile: 0