[home][rumors and news][model release matrix][dealer network][desktop calendar][exhaust notes][tov forums][links][search][sponsors][garage][login]

Tire Rack Upgrade Garage
 Search for a Dealer:
 Canadian Flag US Flag
 Honda Acura
 ZIP  
All-New 2019 Honda Passport Starts Adventure with Global Debut in Los Angeles
More.......................
2019 CR-V goes on sale with few changes, nominal price increase
2019 Honda Civic Type R and Civic Hatchback Accelerate into Dealerships
American Honda Reports October Sales
Honda Rugged Open Air Vehicle Concept Debuts at 2018 SEMA Show
SEMA: Graham Rahal Injects Style, Power and Performance to Custom Acura RDX A-Spec
NSX GT3 Evo To Compete Globally in 2019
2019 Acura ILX Arrives with Dynamic New Styling, Major Technology Upgrades and New A-Spec Treatment
General Talk --> Re: 2019 Acura/Honda Debuts
Join Discussion......
Clarity --> Re: Climate pre-conditioning
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Carlos Ghosn arrested! He gone
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: The Grinch "Takeover". Thoughts?
Join Discussion......
Civic --> Re: 2019 Civic MPG Down
Join Discussion......
RDX --> Re: Type S Announcment at LA
Join Discussion......
Today's Reading Links --> Re: 2019 Mazda CX-5 Turbo
Join Discussion......
Professional Motorsports --> Re: 2018 Honda F1 PU
Join Discussion......
Service Experiences --> Need a good shop in South SF
Join Discussion......
CR-V --> Re: Oil Contamination in CRV's and Civic's with the 1.5T
Join Discussion......
CR-V --> Re: CR-V Hybrid
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Japanese Auto Manufacturers want two rules changes
Join Discussion......
IMA/Hybrids --> Re: Check IMA System light is on - what could it mean?
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Honda' new BEV
Join Discussion......
CR-Z --> Re: Honda's Biggest Mistake? Why Now Is The Time To Buy The Misunderstood CR-Z
Join Discussion......
2019 Acura NSX PR Photo Gallery
Read Article....................
First Drive: 2019 Acura ILX
2019 Acura ILX PR Photo Gallery
First Drive: 2019 Honda Pilot
2019 Honda Pilot PR Photo Gallery
First Drive: 2019 Honda Insight

[fancy] [flat] [simple]
TOV Forums > TLX > > Re: My TLX so far

Go to:

Viewing Threshold (What is this?)

Thread Page - 1 [2]
Author
  Post New Thread
Honda1
Profile for Honda1
Re: My TLX so far    (Score: 1, Normal) 11-07-2018 18:55
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
>>> The better feel of the DCT compared to the CVTs ...

CarmB, how often do you change the oil in the transmission and what's the cost?

brichpmr
Profile for brichpmr
Re: My TLX so far    (Score: 1, Normal) 11-09-2018 08:55
KaySee wrote:
CarmB wrote:
Sasker wrote:
Adding a few centimeters wouldn't help all your problems. You can carry a few more things, but ultimately a trunk is a big inherent limit.

They are pretty much forcing people to buy SUVs because people have a life and need to carry stuff.

All I can go by is my hands-on in 20 months of use. The extra depth for the trunk would have reduced the occasions that I was limited by owning a sedan to one in that span. To me, the extra cost of buying an SUV and operating one (fuel economy and the like) is not justified to avoid an inconvenience roughly once in two years. Iíve carried all sorts of items in that time. Itís not a Miata, after all. To be fair, that applies to me but not necessarily everyone else. Others, like me, can do fine most of the time without an SUV. Still others can not.

Exactly why they should start making sportbacks and hatches instead of sedans. For those of us who like driving cars you can have a way more versatile cargo area while retaining the benefits of a sedan. The Stinger, vw arteon, Buick sportback etc are examples of this. Good looking, practical sportbacks and wagons could help set Acura a part more from its sedan based competition. Thats my opinion though.

Yes...let's see a TSX Sport Wagon successor!

CarmB
Profile for CarmB
Re: My TLX so far    (Score: 1, Normal) 11-10-2018 11:47
Honda1 wrote:
>>> The better feel of the DCT compared to the CVTs ...

CarmB, how often do you change the oil in the transmission and what's the cost?

Iíve only got 40,000 km on it and as far as I know the transmission fluid hasnít been changed yet. Donít know when that service is performed exactly.

Pauly123
Profile for Pauly123
Re: My TLX so far    (Score: 1, Normal) 11-12-2018 22:21
Thanks Jeff. Any idea when the new TLX will be released? Mid next year?
Fitdad
Profile for Fitdad
Re: My TLX so far    (Score: 1, Normal) 11-12-2018 22:41
JeffX wrote:
Fitdad wrote:
Now weíre talking Jeff.

Apart from everything else Iím guessing we will see a decent bump in towing capacity for the MDX in the future...?

you know, they've never indicated that this has been a priority in the past so I'm not sure. They like to point to all the market research that indicates that some huge percentage of the addressable towing market is covered by the 5000lb number. And they also like to drop hints about how their numbers are a lot more conservative than some of the other figures you'll see out there.

Well buyers donít know how conservative or not they actually are - all I know is that the luxury competition is basically all rated higher...and if Acura is going to steal any BMW/Merc/Audi buyers - let alone any kind of domestic big suv buyer - theyíre gonna need a higher rating.

At least offer a package. The Q7 3.0t is rated at 7700 lbs towing.

Civicb18
Profile for Civicb18
Re: My TLX so far    (Score: 1, Normal) 11-12-2018 23:35
shingles wrote:
Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

We leased a '19 V6 A-Spec SH-AWD a few months back. I will tell you that I find it to be a great car. I have always loved Honda V6 and this one is no exception. I think the styling has cleaned up nicely and really it's just a really good car. I find it interesting why so many have panned it so badly. Sure it's not RWD, it's front heavy... sure Honda could have done better with the infotainment setup.... but as a package, the car is a good car. It's actually a lot quieter than I expected (our last Honda sedan was 9th gen accord v6 touring) and the ride is a good compromise. Over all, we've really enjoyed the car.

BTW - i don't know if it's just me or if you noticed this too... at first I was sort of disappointed in the ELS. We had a XC90 with B&W audio and that thing was fantastic. I thought ELS lacked lower end bass. But after a few weeks, it feels like everything has loosened up and I feel the bottom end coming back. Maybe it's my imagination, but I really feel that ELS needed a break in period to sound its best.

Iíve noticed this in my previous 08 TL and in a few loaners with ELS. After playing music over a period of time, the sound gets better and better.

Civicb18
Profile for Civicb18
Re: My TLX so far    (Score: 1, Normal) 11-12-2018 23:39
MGP999 wrote:
Civicb18 wrote:
Brutus wrote:
I am on year 4 with my TLX, still no complaints. It is a solid nimble car. Big enough to fit a family of 4 and a pug in comfort yet still small enough to easily find parking and zip around.

The improved infotainment would be nice to have. It has been reliable. The tranny still has a hiccup once in a while. The interior has held up nicely.

Maybe it is not the sports sedan many wanted (should have had a type s model) but as a sporty family rock solid sedan it just works.

Improvements are more power with SHAWD with a 2.0T. The new infotainment with apple carplay. More Bass out of speakers. Pano roof. All things I think are coming, and my car is 4 years old at this point.

B.

The next gen base TLX will come in FWD, 2.0t SH-AWD, 2.0t hybrid FWD and SH-AWD will be standard on the 3.0t Type-S.

Ok, I'll bite. What else do you know about the next gen TLX and RLX?

Well....let me say this, I donít think weíll be disappointed at all. Even the base car will be fairly quick with the 2.0t. The Type-S of course will get the 3.0t/SH-AWD and should be in the 375hp range.

Honda1
Profile for Honda1
Re: My TLX so far    (Score: 1, Normal) 11-13-2018 08:29

>>> Well....let me say this, I donít think weíll be disappointed at all. Even the base car will be fairly quick with the 2.0t. The Type-S of course will get the 3.0t/SH-AWD and should be in the 375hp range.

What transmission will the new 3.0t engine be using?

Thread Page - 1 [2]
Go to:
Contact TOV | Submit Your Article | Submit Your Link | Advertise | TOV Shop | Events | Our Sponsors | TOV Archives
Copyright © 2018 Velocitech Inc. All information contained herein remains the property of Velocitech Inc.
The Temple of VTEC is not affiliated with American Honda Motor Co., Inc. TOV Policies and Guidelines - Credits - Privacy Policy
30 mobile: 0