[home][rumors and news][model release matrix][dealer network][desktop calendar][exhaust notes][tov forums][links][search][sponsors][garage][login]

Tire Rack Upgrade Garage
 Search for a Dealer:
 Canadian Flag US Flag
 Honda Acura
 ZIP  
All-New 2019 Honda Passport Starts Adventure with Global Debut in Los Angeles
More.......................
2019 CR-V goes on sale with few changes, nominal price increase
More.......................
2019 Honda Civic Type R and Civic Hatchback Accelerate into Dealerships
More.......................
American Honda Reports October Sales
More.......................
Honda Rugged Open Air Vehicle Concept Debuts at 2018 SEMA Show
More.......................
SEMA: Graham Rahal Injects Style, Power and Performance to Custom Acura RDX A-Spec
More.......................
NSX GT3 Evo To Compete Globally in 2019
More.......................
2019 Acura ILX Arrives with Dynamic New Styling, Major Technology Upgrades and New A-Spec Treatment
More.......................
General Talk --> Re: 2019 Acura/Honda Debuts
Join Discussion......
Clarity --> Re: Climate pre-conditioning
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Carlos Ghosn arrested! He gone
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: The Grinch "Takeover". Thoughts?
Join Discussion......
Civic --> Re: 2019 Civic MPG Down
Join Discussion......
RDX --> Re: Type S Announcment at LA
Join Discussion......
Today's Reading Links --> Re: 2019 Mazda CX-5 Turbo
Join Discussion......
Professional Motorsports --> Re: 2018 Honda F1 PU
Join Discussion......
Service Experiences --> Need a good shop in South SF
Join Discussion......
CR-V --> Re: Oil Contamination in CRV's and Civic's with the 1.5T
Join Discussion......
CR-V --> Re: CR-V Hybrid
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Japanese Auto Manufacturers want two rules changes
Join Discussion......
IMA/Hybrids --> Re: Check IMA System light is on - what could it mean?
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Honda' new BEV
Join Discussion......
CR-Z --> Re: Honda's Biggest Mistake? Why Now Is The Time To Buy The Misunderstood CR-Z
Join Discussion......
2019 Acura NSX PR Photo Gallery
Read Article....................
First Drive: 2019 Acura ILX
Read Article....................
2019 Acura ILX PR Photo Gallery
Read Article....................
First Drive: 2019 Honda Pilot
Read Article....................
2019 Honda Pilot PR Photo Gallery
Read Article....................
First Drive: 2019 Honda Insight
Read Article....................

[fancy] [flat] [simple]
TOV Forums > Photoshops > > Re: 2022 TLX FR plank

Go to:

Viewing Threshold (What is this?)

Thread Page - [1] 2
Author
  Post New Thread
Hondatalover
Profile for Hondatalover
2022 TLX FR plank    (Score: 1, Normal) 11-02-2018 02:31
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
I took 2019 RDX sheet metal and morphed it into a dreamy 420hp FR/SH-AWD 2022 TLX using the Precision Concept plank.

420HP, Turbo VTEC V6, Mild Hybrid, Double Wishbone up front, 3,400lbs with use of exotic build material and overall light weight aluminum platform design. MMMM.


Very Stinger/ Volvo/ Giulia like which is what I was going for.











DCR
Profile for DCR
Re: 2022 TLX FR plank    (Score: 1, Normal) 11-02-2018 10:53
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
That is amazing. I think this is your best attempt yet.
DevilMayCry
Profile for DevilMayCry
Re: 2022 TLX FR plank    (Score: 1, Normal) 11-02-2018 11:23
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
OMG! Amazing!


MGP999
Profile for MGP999
Re: 2022 TLX FR plank    (Score: 1, Normal) 11-02-2018 11:48
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
I hope there is more interior room for the rear seat passengers than in the current generation in your concept. Otherwise looks good, I guess we will see what Acura has up there sleeve for the new 2020 TLX type-S in the coming months.
MGP999
Profile for MGP999
Re: 2022 TLX FR plank    (Score: 1, Normal) 11-02-2018 11:50
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
I hope there is more interior room for the rear seat passengers than in the current generation in your concept. Otherwise looks good, I guess we will see what Acura has up there sleeve for the new 2020 TLX type-S in the coming months.
MGP999
Profile for MGP999
Re: 2022 TLX FR plank    (Score: 1, Normal) 11-02-2018 11:51
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
I hope there is about 4 inches more leg room for the rear seat passengers in your concept than in the current generation, otherwise it looks good. I guess we will see what Acura has up their sleeve for the new 2020 TLX type-S in the coming months.
MGP999
Profile for MGP999
Re: 2022 TLX FR plank    (Score: 1, Normal) 11-02-2018 11:53
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
Sorry for the multiple posts.
NealX
Profile for NealX
Re: 2022 TLX FR plank    (Score: 1, Normal) 11-02-2018 12:22
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
Or FF:


LudeLeRoy
Profile for LudeLeRoy
Re: 2022 TLX FR plank    (Score: 1, Normal) 11-02-2018 12:24
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
Yes, please!

Since true RWD seems impossible with this company I would take this (looks and proportions)even if it's just a SHAWD plank - so long as it was capable of being RWD biased. Preferably adjustable F/R power distribution with a snow, normal, sport and race/track mode.

I really wish New Acura concept cars would start showing up.

lexusgs
Profile for lexusgs
Re: 2022 TLX FR plank    (Score: 1, Normal) 11-02-2018 13:48
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
Good work, only thing I would change is to extend the trunk back more to give it a more low slung traditional sedan profile, more trunk room, maybe more rear room/recline option and not have the rear tail light extend so far into the rear side panel.

superchg2
Profile for superchg2
Re: 2022 TLX FR plank    (Score: 1, Normal) 11-02-2018 15:24
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
Very nice!
DCR
Profile for DCR
Re: 2022 TLX FR plank    (Score: 1, Normal) 11-02-2018 15:33
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
NealX wrote:
Or FF:




I like this one too. Both of these look like they could pull off a mid wing on the back.

rev2damoon
Profile for rev2damoon
Re: 2022 TLX FR plank    (Score: 1, Normal) 11-02-2018 15:42
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
Outstanding piece of work, Hondatalover.
It's rather unfortunate that the next TLX design by Acura will probably not be anywhere near as attractive as this. Actually, this chop will probably amplify our probable disappointment with what ever Acura's design team comes up with.

Impossible Dream
Profile for Impossible Dream
Re: 2022 TLX FR plank    (Score: 1, Normal) 11-02-2018 16:25
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
Wow, well done!

Seriously, if Acura developed their next TLX to look like this, it would instantly increase their market position with such bold and attractive styling and design. Guaranteed it would take market share from competitors.

Honda/Acura, you've got the tech, engine, and driving prowess, just put it in a dang attractive package! The RDX and NSX is proof of that!

LemieT
Profile for LemieT
Re: 2022 TLX FR plank    (Score: 1, Normal) 11-03-2018 01:19
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
This makes me sad for one reason. It is so absolutely gorgeous that we know Acura will never do anything even remotely close.
sennaFAN
Profile for sennaFAN
Re: 2022 TLX FR plank    (Score: 1, Normal) 11-03-2018 06:29
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
Your finest effort to date !! Lovely stance and elegant too. Makes you wonder if Acura ever look at this site !
Jesse
Profile for Jesse
Re: 2022 TLX FR plank    (Score: 1, Normal) 11-03-2018 07:03
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
Headlamp's too big methinks and I'm not a fan of the black strip near the side skirts. But overall it is looking good. FR proportion definitely helps in the looks department.

NealX
Profile for NealX
Re: 2022 TLX FR plank    (Score: 1, Normal) 11-03-2018 13:14
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
Jesse wrote:
Headlamp's too big methinks and I'm not a fan of the black strip near the side skirts. But overall it is looking good. FR proportion definitely helps in the looks department.


I think it looks pretty slick. I do think that perhaps one lower trim piece (as a graphic) could be enough through the sides.

sadlerau
Profile for sadlerau
Re: 2022 TLX FR plank    (Score: 1, Normal) 11-03-2018 19:30
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
NealX wrote:
Jesse wrote:
Headlamp's too big methinks and I'm not a fan of the black strip near the side skirts. But overall it is looking good. FR proportion definitely helps in the looks department.


I think it looks pretty slick. I do think that perhaps one lower trim piece (as a graphic) could be enough through the sides.



I don't mind the lower trim piece, it's the second body line running forward from the tail-light I'm not enamoured with. Why have it, just to look different? Leave it classically uncluttered, and let the front and rear fascias make the statement.

bnilhome
Profile for bnilhome
Re: 2022 TLX FR plank    (Score: 1, Normal) 11-03-2018 20:17
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
You are amazing HondaT...nice work
urbanglowcam
Profile for urbanglowcam
Re: 2022 TLX FR plank    (Score: 1, Normal) 11-04-2018 20:20
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
Nice work!

Curious why you mention 2022 as the date though. Aren't we expecting an all new TLX as a MY 2020?

Hondatalover
Profile for Hondatalover
Re: 2022 TLX FR plank    (Score: 1, Normal) 11-07-2018 14:08
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
urbanglowcam wrote:
Nice work!

Curious why you mention 2022 as the date though. Aren't we expecting an all new TLX as a MY 2020?


Because Acura should postpone it and take the time to make a proper platform.

urbanglowcam
Profile for urbanglowcam
Re: 2022 TLX FR plank    (Score: 1, Normal) 11-07-2018 21:33
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
Hondatalover wrote:
urbanglowcam wrote:
Nice work!

Curious why you mention 2022 as the date though. Aren't we expecting an all new TLX as a MY 2020?


Because Acura should postpone it and take the time to make a proper platform.



How do know they haven't already? Nothing has been confirmed other than a new V6 turbo. I hope they don't plan on keeping the same stale platform for another two years!

The Detroit Auto Show is just two months away..

owequitit
Profile for owequitit
Re: 2022 TLX FR plank    (Score: 1, Normal) 11-08-2018 00:45
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
urbanglowcam wrote:
Hondatalover wrote:
urbanglowcam wrote:
Nice work!

Curious why you mention 2022 as the date though. Aren't we expecting an all new TLX as a MY 2020?


Because Acura should postpone it and take the time to make a proper platform.



How do know they haven't already? Nothing has been confirmed other than a new V6 turbo. I hope they don't plan on keeping the same stale platform for another two years!

The Detroit Auto Show is just two months away..



Photos of the mule seen testing were clearly FWD proportioned.

urbanglowcam
Profile for urbanglowcam
Re: 2022 TLX FR plank    (Score: 1, Normal) 11-08-2018 01:52
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
owequitit wrote:
urbanglowcam wrote:
Hondatalover wrote:
urbanglowcam wrote:
Nice work!

Curious why you mention 2022 as the date though. Aren't we expecting an all new TLX as a MY 2020?


Because Acura should postpone it and take the time to make a proper platform.



How do know they haven't already? Nothing has been confirmed other than a new V6 turbo. I hope they don't plan on keeping the same stale platform for another two years!

The Detroit Auto Show is just two months away..



Photos of the mule seen testing were clearly FWD proportioned.



Agreed. It will probably be primarily SH-AWD or at least offer it as a variant. I think a FR config would be awesome, but thought I was missing some details of something that was occurring in 2022.

lexusgs
Profile for lexusgs
Re: 2022 TLX FR plank    (Score: 1, Normal) 11-08-2018 13:12
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
urbanglowcam wrote:
Hondatalover wrote:
urbanglowcam wrote:
Nice work!

Curious why you mention 2022 as the date though. Aren't we expecting an all new TLX as a MY 2020?


Because Acura should postpone it and take the time to make a proper platform.



How do know they haven't already? Nothing has been confirmed other than a new V6 turbo. I hope they don't plan on keeping the same stale platform for another two years!

The Detroit Auto Show is just two months away..


All indications and rumors point to another compromised FWD platform. They will say/spin it is "new" and "unique" but it will still be on a compromised FWD family sedan platform like the TLX is already on.

urbanglowcam
Profile for urbanglowcam
Re: 2022 TLX FR plank    (Score: 1, Normal) 11-08-2018 15:55
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
lexusgs wrote:

All indications and rumors point to another compromised FWD platform. They will say/spin it is "new" and "unique" but it will still be on a compromised FWD family sedan platform like the TLX is already on.



I am more of a RWD guy myself (S2000 owner) and mostly interested in seeing where the TLX takes the company in terms of styling, but also what the power plant will be capable of. My hopes are that they can someday apply these to a sports car (I know...long shot). The RDX seems to be a step in the right direction and the TLX will probably be a lot of the same.

Maybe this is the wrong thinking, but I am under the impression that majority of Acura's customer base won't care whether it is RWD or AWD. Going to test drive events for other similar brands like Lexus, Audi, Mercedes, etc., it just seems like attendants and prospective buyers aren't the same sports car enthusiasts. They simply want a nice design, drives comfortably, and might have a "sporty" feel.

My girlfriend is very interested in replacing her Sonata with a TLX and I have been closely following its development with whatever information I can find. Like some of you are referencing already, that mule seems like it could be promising if they are benchmarking it with the C43 and even an NSX.

Sure it won't be RWD, but look at what the Audi RS3 is doing in comparison to the M2 with an AWD drivetrain. I guess the question is whether or not Acura has the same potential with their SH-AWD... perhaps not. My hope is they will make larger strides with the suspension and driving dynamics to match the extra power offered for the Type-S model.

rev2damoon
Profile for rev2damoon
Re: 2022 TLX FR plank    (Score: 1, Normal) 11-09-2018 09:48
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
urbanglowcam wrote:
lexusgs wrote:

All indications and rumors point to another compromised FWD platform. They will say/spin it is "new" and "unique" but it will still be on a compromised FWD family sedan platform like the TLX is already on.



I am more of a RWD guy myself (S2000 owner) and mostly interested in seeing where the TLX takes the company in terms of styling, but also what the power plant will be capable of. My hopes are that they can someday apply these to a sports car (I know...long shot). The RDX seems to be a step in the right direction and the TLX will probably be a lot of the same.

Maybe this is the wrong thinking, but I am under the impression that majority of Acura's customer base won't care whether it is RWD or AWD. Going to test drive events for other similar brands like Lexus, Audi, Mercedes, etc., it just seems like attendants and prospective buyers aren't the same sports car enthusiasts. They simply want a nice design, drives comfortably, and might have a "sporty" feel.

My girlfriend is very interested in replacing her Sonata with a TLX and I have been closely following its development with whatever information I can find. Like some of you are referencing already, that mule seems like it could be promising if they are benchmarking it with the C43 and even an NSX.

Sure it won't be RWD, but look at what the Audi RS3 is doing in comparison to the M2 with an AWD drivetrain. I guess the question is whether or not Acura has the same potential with their SH-AWD... perhaps not. My hope is they will make larger strides with the suspension and driving dynamics to match the extra power offered for the Type-S model.


I hear what you are saying with regard to the majority of shoppers wanting nice design and a comfortable drive, etc. However, if I've said this once, I've said it a thousand times. Acura needs proper 'aspirational models'. When we talk about aspirational models we're talking about those upper trim models that showcase the brand to its highest potential. These are the models that offer no compromises whatsoever. Be it styling-wise or performance-wise.

The brand needs these models because it is suffering greatly with regard to perception. Many simply do not see Acura as a true luxury brand. They see it as Honda+ and that is a big problem in today's luxury market. Heck, their sedans don't even get included in comparison tests half the time. It also doesn't help when your Civic and Accord have gotten so good that it makes people wonder why the heck they should even bother with the Acura counterparts.

So, brand perception is a problem. Styling is a big part of it, but Acura has handicapped itself by sticking to the FWD, econo-based platforms. While it is possible to make a FWD car have attractive proportions, Acura has not yet figured out how to do it effectively with their modern platforms. The overhangs and dash-axle ratio are still significant problems for them. Volvo has been doing an amazing job of masking FWD underpinnings as of late. Does that spell sustained success for them? I don't know.

So, styling is part of the equation. Even if you solve that part of it, you are still left with the performance side of it. Your aspirational models must not compromise in this area. This is a problem for Acura because the higher you get in the performance stratosphere, FWD just cannot fight physics. This wasn't a problem for Acura 20 years ago, but today's RWD luxury sedans have gotten so good that the FWD, Honda+, platform-sharing strategy just cannot work anymore. Just look at what Genesis has done with the G70. I'm not going to speak to the likely success or failure of this model, but Genesis being such a new brand have taken the right approach and given themselves a fighting chance. The model has earned pretty widespread acclaim.

Acura has done an amazing job with the new RDX, but this won't change anything with the brand perception. The brand perception needle is usually moved by performance sedans and coupes. These are the 'glamor models'. Acura knows this. That is why when it debuted, Acura referred to the TLX as its "Red Carpet Athlete". I sometimes joke on here about the low intelligence of Acura management, but in all seriousness these guys aren't stupid. They know what needs to be done. They are just stubborn and probably handicapped by a very conservative parent company. The problem is you cannot be conservative with aspirational models in the luxury realm. They keep trying to shove the square peg through the round hole. They keep getting it through, but they end up with a very compromised product.

I really hope for a turning point with the next round of sedans, but I just don't know if they have it in them....



urbanglowcam
Profile for urbanglowcam
Re: 2022 TLX FR plank    (Score: 1, Normal) 11-09-2018 11:49
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
rev2damoon wrote:
urbanglowcam wrote:
lexusgs wrote:

All indications and rumors point to another compromised FWD platform. They will say/spin it is "new" and "unique" but it will still be on a compromised FWD family sedan platform like the TLX is already on.



I am more of a RWD guy myself (S2000 owner) and mostly interested in seeing where the TLX takes the company in terms of styling, but also what the power plant will be capable of. My hopes are that they can someday apply these to a sports car (I know...long shot). The RDX seems to be a step in the right direction and the TLX will probably be a lot of the same.

Maybe this is the wrong thinking, but I am under the impression that majority of Acura's customer base won't care whether it is RWD or AWD. Going to test drive events for other similar brands like Lexus, Audi, Mercedes, etc., it just seems like attendants and prospective buyers aren't the same sports car enthusiasts. They simply want a nice design, drives comfortably, and might have a "sporty" feel.

My girlfriend is very interested in replacing her Sonata with a TLX and I have been closely following its development with whatever information I can find. Like some of you are referencing already, that mule seems like it could be promising if they are benchmarking it with the C43 and even an NSX.

Sure it won't be RWD, but look at what the Audi RS3 is doing in comparison to the M2 with an AWD drivetrain. I guess the question is whether or not Acura has the same potential with their SH-AWD... perhaps not. My hope is they will make larger strides with the suspension and driving dynamics to match the extra power offered for the Type-S model.


I hear what you are saying with regard to the majority of shoppers wanting nice design and a comfortable drive, etc. However, if I've said this once, I've said it a thousand times. Acura needs proper 'aspirational models'. When we talk about aspirational models we're talking about those upper trim models that showcase the brand to its highest potential. These are the models that offer no compromises whatsoever. Be it styling-wise or performance-wise.

The brand needs these models because it is suffering greatly with regard to perception. Many simply do not see Acura as a true luxury brand. They see it as Honda+ and that is a big problem in today's luxury market. Heck, their sedans don't even get included in comparison tests half the time. It also doesn't help when your Civic and Accord have gotten so good that it makes people wonder why the heck they should even bother with the Acura counterparts.

So, brand perception is a problem. Styling is a big part of it, but Acura has handicapped itself by sticking to the FWD, econo-based platforms. While it is possible to make a FWD car have attractive proportions, Acura has not yet figured out how to do it effectively with their modern platforms. The overhangs and dash-axle ratio are still significant problems for them. Volvo has been doing an amazing job of masking FWD underpinnings as of late. Does that spell sustained success for them? I don't know.

So, styling is part of the equation. Even if you solve that part of it, you are still left with the performance side of it. Your aspirational models must not compromise in this area. This is a problem for Acura because the higher you get in the performance stratosphere, FWD just cannot fight physics. This wasn't a problem for Acura 20 years ago, but today's RWD luxury sedans have gotten so good that the FWD, Honda+, platform-sharing strategy just cannot work anymore. Just look at what Genesis has done with the G70. I'm not going to speak to the likely success or failure of this model, but Genesis being such a new brand have taken the right approach and given themselves a fighting chance. The model has earned pretty widespread acclaim.

Acura has done an amazing job with the new RDX, but this won't change anything with the brand perception. The brand perception needle is usually moved by performance sedans and coupes. These are the 'glamor models'. Acura knows this. That is why when it debuted, Acura referred to the TLX as its "Red Carpet Athlete". I sometimes joke on here about the low intelligence of Acura management, but in all seriousness these guys aren't stupid. They know what needs to be done. They are just stubborn and probably handicapped by a very conservative parent company. The problem is you cannot be conservative with aspirational models in the luxury realm. They keep trying to shove the square peg through the round hole. They keep getting it through, but they end up with a very compromised product.

I really hope for a turning point with the next round of sedans, but I just don't know if they have it in them....





I agree with everything you said and really want them to push the envelope with the next round. My hope is that the whole return of the Type S will mean a significant boost in performance all around. 🤞

lexusgs
Profile for lexusgs
Re: 2022 TLX FR plank    (Score: 1, Normal) 11-09-2018 12:33
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
urbanglowcam wrote:
lexusgs wrote:

All indications and rumors point to another compromised FWD platform. They will say/spin it is "new" and "unique" but it will still be on a compromised FWD family sedan platform like the TLX is already on.



I am more of a RWD guy myself (S2000 owner) and mostly interested in seeing where the TLX takes the company in terms of styling, but also what the power plant will be capable of. My hopes are that they can someday apply these to a sports car (I know...long shot). The RDX seems to be a step in the right direction and the TLX will probably be a lot of the same.

Maybe this is the wrong thinking, but I am under the impression that majority of Acura's customer base won't care whether it is RWD or AWD. Going to test drive events for other similar brands like Lexus, Audi, Mercedes, etc., it just seems like attendants and prospective buyers aren't the same sports car enthusiasts. They simply want a nice design, drives comfortably, and might have a "sporty" feel.

My girlfriend is very interested in replacing her Sonata with a TLX and I have been closely following its development with whatever information I can find. Like some of you are referencing already, that mule seems like it could be promising if they are benchmarking it with the C43 and even an NSX.

Sure it won't be RWD, but look at what the Audi RS3 is doing in comparison to the M2 with an AWD drivetrain. I guess the question is whether or not Acura has the same potential with their SH-AWD... perhaps not. My hope is they will make larger strides with the suspension and driving dynamics to match the extra power offered for the Type-S model.



The majority of any Luxury/Performance company buyers care if vehicles are executed properly and if they are getting a compromised car for the extra money they are paying. The problem with Acura's customer base when it comes to cars is they are leaving/have left, they are moving on to BWM, Mercedes, Infiniti, even Genesis and Lexus. Maybe a large portion of Acura's dwindling remaining customer base does not really care if it is on another compromised FWD platform but why are they intent on just satisfying a dwindling customer base, they should be shooting to significantly increasing their customer base they lost heavily do to the failed cost cut Honda+ smart luxury "strategy".

Acura can bench mark a C43 all they want. If it is on another compromised FWD platform it simply won't be competitive, it will be more of a impression of a C43 then a true competitor and that is the problem with Acura, it will be compromised, it will be more of just a competitor to a FWD Mercedes CLA when it comes down to it.

The main reason the NSX, as good and beautiful as it is, is not selling is due to Acura and what cost cut Honda+ Smart luxury has done to the brand. They have no real aspirational Tier 1 models below the NSX because everything is still on compromised FWD family sedan/econo car platforms. I kept saying they should have come out with a lower priced Tier 1 vehicle like a RWD flagship sedan, mid level sedan, coupe, or sports car when the NSX came out so they can play off of each other. Instead they just had the same sub Tier 1 dull family sedan/cuv based lineup that has really hurt the image of the brand and then a 155K exotic supercar and sales have not taken off despite good reviews and it being somewhat of a bargain. Acura is always going to suffer from this if they keep doing FWD everything, the days of compromised FWD family sedan based vehicles being competitive in the luxury/performance market are over, have been over or a while.


 
Thread Page - [1] 2
Go to:
Contact TOV | Submit Your Article | Submit Your Link | Advertise | TOV Shop | Events | Our Sponsors | TOV Archives
Copyright © 2018 Velocitech Inc. All information contained herein remains the property of Velocitech Inc.
The Temple of VTEC is not affiliated with American Honda Motor Co., Inc. TOV Policies and Guidelines - Credits - Privacy Policy
30 mobile: 0