[home][rumors and news][model release matrix][dealer network][desktop calendar][exhaust notes][tov forums][links][search][sponsors][garage][login]

Tire Rack Upgrade Garage
 Search for a Dealer:
 Canadian Flag US Flag
 Honda Acura
 ZIP  
BBC: Honda set to close Swindon factory in 2022
More.......................
Nikkei: Honda enters agreement with CATL for battery supply contract through 2027
Acura Marks 30 Years Since Debut of Iconic NSX Supercar
American Honda reports January sales
Acura Marks 15th Anniversary of Super Handling All-Wheel Drive™
Honda releases pricing and EPA information for 2019 Passport
American Honda Reports December Sales
American Honda Reports November Sales
General Talk --> Re: Sunny came home with a mission
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Said Goodbye to the MDX Today
Join Discussion......
Today's Reading Links --> Re: Swindon in peril
Join Discussion......
CR-V --> Re: CR-V MMC guesses
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: More "ACURA" than "ACURA?"
Join Discussion......
Type R --> Re: DC-R
Join Discussion......
Type R --> Re: 2019 Type R in Canada
Join Discussion......
Today's Reading Links --> Re: Consumer Reports Strikes Again - Tesla Model 3 No Longer Recommended
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: CA proposing local autobahn instead of rail
Join Discussion......
Professional Motorsports --> Re: F1 - 2019 Pre-Season Testing - Days 1-4
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Facts about HMA - 60 years of AHM - 50 years of CB750
Join Discussion......
Repair and Maintenance --> Re: Crank, no start, but runs great with push start. Please read
Join Discussion......
RDX --> Re: RDX not recommended by Consumer Reports
Join Discussion......
TOV Asia --> Re: Honda JP Sales 2018: Hybrids make up 55% of reg. cars
Join Discussion......
NSX --> Re: JB4 Tuning Box from ScienceofSpeed for 2017+ NSX
Join Discussion......
2019 Honda Passport PR Photo Gallery
Read Article....................
2019 Acura NSX PR Photo Gallery
First Drive: 2019 Acura ILX
2019 Acura ILX PR Photo Gallery
First Drive: 2019 Honda Pilot
2019 Honda Pilot PR Photo Gallery

[fancy] [flat] [simple]
TOV Forums > Videos > > Re: 2019 Acura NSX - One Take

Go to:

Viewing Threshold (What is this?)

Thread Page - [1]
Author
  Post New Thread
fishchan
Profile for fishchan
2019 Acura NSX - One Take    (Score: 1, Normal) 01-25-2019 08:09
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply

@lanta
Profile for @lanta
Re: 2019 Acura NSX - One Take    (Score: 1, Normal) 01-25-2019 09:13
Loved this review, awesome sound clips of interior and exterior engine note. The noise primarily emanates from the intake (turbos muffle exhaust) but it sounds glorious.

LudeLeRoy
Profile for LudeLeRoy
Re: 2019 Acura NSX - One Take    (Score: 1, Normal) 01-26-2019 11:23
Agreed. Also, I swear the intake/engine sounds a little more prominent and less monotonous than in videos of the the older version.
silverf16
Profile for silverf16
Re: 2019 Acura NSX - One Take    (Score: 1, Normal) 01-26-2019 23:38
It sounds good in video because he is not in sport mode. Sport + and track gives you more sound. In addition, he is hard on throttle so you hear more intake noise. For normal everyday around town or commute driving the engine sounds trashy and the sport + mode masks some if that at the expense of being too loud for a commute. The original NSX sounds more pure and was loud when you want to and quiet when you want quiet because the sound was dictated by your right foot. Cruising equals quiet. Moderate to hard throttle gives you progressively more induction noise.

New NSX in sport mode all you hear is unbalanced engine thrashing noise regardless of throttle position. However, in sport + and track mode, you still get a loud trashy noise when off throttle and an when you go moderate or hard throttle, the induction noise overwhelms the thrash but the timbre of the induction is rough and dirty whereas the gen 1 NSX had a pure more silky timbre.

The mic on this video does not pick up dirty timbre of the intake in sport + and track mode. The noise is akin to listening to music from an edgy trombone player in an concert. It is fun for 1 to 2 songs, but gets tiring pretty quick on any extended drive. The original NSX was done right and never a problem because the development was under the watch of Mr. Honda himself and he was meticulous about everything whereas the NSX of now is a rush job and no where near the level of execution as the original.

Vtec_rally
Profile for Vtec_rally
Re: 2019 Acura NSX - One Take    (Score: 1, Normal) 01-27-2019 00:16
Yet, so many reputable enthusiast magazines and well-respected You Tube reviewers think this is a first rate car. Matt was sitting in the car and listening to the engine note while driving it aggressively. I trust his opinion. He also lived with it for a week.

Was NSX version 2 supposed to be a complete copy of the original iteration ? I dig the fact that this car is bringing something new to the table. It sounds like their going to keep tweaking it as well. NSX version two is definately one of my new dream cars. I look forward to the day that I can take one out for a spin.

superchg2
Profile for superchg2
Re: 2019 Acura NSX - One Take    (Score: 1, Normal) 01-27-2019 01:55
A fantastic car!

During the video, he mentions that this is a performance hybrid, was not designed for efficiency, and at 3,800 lbs. it's heavy.
He also said that the NSX got something like 15.8 mpg in the city during his testing.

Personally, I would have foregone the hybrid add-ons and left the 500 h.p. twin turbo, targeting a weight of about 3,000 lbs.

Dice
Profile for Dice
Re: 2019 Acura NSX - One Take    (Score: 1, Normal) 01-28-2019 04:41
Remember that silverf16 has decided to not like gen 2.

We have been taking the NC1 on 8-10 hour trips several times and it has been extremely comfortable both in Sport and Sport+.

It doesn't sound at all like the NA1, it has all the bells and whistles that comes from a turbo engine, and some folks cannot appreciate that. Fine. I can.

Compared to our Porsche 997 it is much more relaxed, comfortable and settled, especially on the Autobahn going over 200 kph. Over 250 kph the 997 becomes nervous, but the NC1 just maintains it speed very settled, and the only limiting factor is my wife ;-)

Soundwise I prefer Sport, because I'm always trying to be the silent guy. But it sounds very good in Sport+ and Track as well, however more present, which can be tiring after a few hours.

My 2C

silverf16
Profile for silverf16
Re: 2019 Acura NSX - One Take    (Score: 1, Normal) 01-28-2019 09:28
Dice wrote:

...Soundwise I prefer Sport, because I'm always trying to be the silent guy. But it sounds very good in Sport+ and Track as well, however more present, which can be tiring after a few hours.

My 2C

Precisely my point. Sport is too quiet and sport plus and track is unpleasant over time or even just commuting to work. There is nothing in between sport and sport plus whereas gen 1 is pleasant while cruising and loud when you get on it. No drive mode knob needed. It has nothing to do with NA sound vs turbo or my biases. I want to like the car but I can tell some elements of the design is poorly done irregardess of the new tech and higher performance. Gen 2 sales numbers speak for themselves.

Perhaps the 75 degres engine contributes to this or the sound generator is doing this. I broke down the acoustic details earlier. From the inside, it just doesn’t sound clean almost like there is some resonance. However it does sounds great from the outside.

Many gen2 owners also observe this along with the many reviews that have noticed the short comings of the engine acoustics.

One doesn’t need to be a critic to pick this up. My wife noticed it instantly and she genuinely likes the car.

fishchan
Profile for fishchan
Re: 2019 Acura NSX - One Take    (Score: 1, Normal) 01-28-2019 10:42

There is nothing in between sport and sport plus whereas gen 1 is pleasant while cruising and loud when you get on it.

No VTEC

Dice
Profile for Dice
Re: 2019 Acura NSX - One Take    (Score: 1, Normal) 01-29-2019 03:58
silverf16 wrote:
Dice wrote:

...Soundwise I prefer Sport, because I'm always trying to be the silent guy. But it sounds very good in Sport+ and Track as well, however more present, which can be tiring after a few hours.

My 2C

Precisely my point. Sport is too quiet and sport plus and track is unpleasant over time or even just commuting to work. There is nothing in between sport and sport plus whereas gen 1 is pleasant while cruising and loud when you get on it. No drive mode knob needed. It has nothing to do with NA sound vs turbo or my biases. I want to like the car but I can tell some elements of the design is poorly done irregardess of the new tech and higher performance.

Never said it's too quiet in Sport.

It is rather very pleasant to my ears. Definitely evocative sounds when you are _using_ the car. Not as in the NA1 which only sounds nice in upper revs. In the NC1 you still have revving sounds, but combined with turbo sounds which is an excellent mix.

Being a silent guy I spend a lot of time in Quiet as well, but it doesn't fit Autobahn cruising. Impossible to go above 240 kph with it. Soundwise there is still lot of enjoyable sounds, as long as it's not on electric only :-)

Thread Page - [1]
Go to:
Contact TOV | Submit Your Article | Submit Your Link | Advertise | TOV Shop | Events | Our Sponsors | TOV Archives
Copyright © 2018 Velocitech Inc. All information contained herein remains the property of Velocitech Inc.
The Temple of VTEC is not affiliated with American Honda Motor Co., Inc. TOV Policies and Guidelines - Credits - Privacy Policy
29 mobile: 0