[home][rumors and news][model release matrix][dealer network][desktop calendar][exhaust notes][tov forums][links][search][sponsors][garage][login]

Tire Rack Upgrade Garage
 Search for a Dealer:
 Canadian Flag US Flag
 Honda Acura
 ZIP  
BBC: Honda set to close Swindon factory in 2022
More.......................
Nikkei: Honda enters agreement with CATL for battery supply contract through 2027
Acura Marks 30 Years Since Debut of Iconic NSX Supercar
American Honda reports January sales
Acura Marks 15th Anniversary of Super Handling All-Wheel Drive™
Honda releases pricing and EPA information for 2019 Passport
American Honda Reports December Sales
American Honda Reports November Sales
NSX --> Re: JB4 Tuning Box from ScienceofSpeed for 2017+ NSX
Join Discussion......
RDX --> Re: RDX not recommended by Consumer Reports
Join Discussion......
Repair and Maintenance --> Re: Crank, no start, but runs great with push start. Please read
Join Discussion......
Today's Reading Links --> Re: Consumer Reports Strikes Again - Tesla Model 3 No Longer Recommended
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: More "ACURA" than "ACURA?"
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: CA proposing local autobahn instead of rail
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Z6 head studs
Join Discussion......
Type R --> Re: DC-R
Join Discussion......
Professional Motorsports --> Re: F1 - 2019 Pre-Season Testing - Days 1-4
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Sunny came home with a mission
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Timid AHM marketing
Join Discussion......
Professional Motorsports --> Re: Will Honda join Aston Martin and Red Bull with Sports Cars
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Facts about HMA - 60 years of AHM - 50 years of CB750
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Said Goodbye to the MDX Today
Join Discussion......
Professional Motorsports --> Re: F1 - Toro Rosso STR14 Pictures
Join Discussion......
2019 Honda Passport PR Photo Gallery
Read Article....................
2019 Acura NSX PR Photo Gallery
First Drive: 2019 Acura ILX
2019 Acura ILX PR Photo Gallery
First Drive: 2019 Honda Pilot
2019 Honda Pilot PR Photo Gallery

[fancy] [flat] [simple]
TOV Forums > CR-V > > Re: CR-V MMC guesses

Go to:

Viewing Threshold (What is this?)

Thread Page - [1]
Author
  Post New Thread
JimmyEats
Profile for JimmyEats
CR-V MMC guesses    (Score: 1, Normal) 12-12-2018 16:34
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
I'd like a 2.0T, but I don't expect that. I expect some sort of change to the 1.5T, but don't have any guesses.

With the Passport launching in 2019, does that push a CR-V MMC to 2020?

HondaDad
Profile for HondaDad
Re: CR-V MMC guesses    (Score: 1, Normal) 12-12-2018 22:30
Hybrid in 2020.
metsfan84
Profile for metsfan84
Re: CR-V MMC guesses    (Score: 1, Normal) 12-24-2018 11:11
Definitely: updated infotainment system, Honda Sensing on all trims.

I'm wondering if there's any chance they'll get rid of the vertical taillights, which have been a signature of the CR-V since Gen1. The 2017+ design seems like it gives them the ability to go in that direction, since it has horizontal lights in addition to the vertical ones. It would probably make it (and future generations) more attractive, since the CR-V has never been particularly good-looking.

I'm hoping for a July MMC release rather than a December one, since I have a 2016 lease that ends in June, but I'm not holding out much hope for that.

Anferre
Profile for Anferre
Re: CR-V MMC guesses    (Score: 1, Normal) 12-24-2018 13:15
Aren't we due for a FMC for 2020?
metsfan84
Profile for metsfan84
Re: CR-V MMC guesses    (Score: 1, Normal) 12-24-2018 21:02
Following Honda's five year cycle, it's:

New for 2017, unchanged for 2018 and 2019, MMC for 2020, unchanged (though usually with a Special Edition trim for year five) for 2021, new for 2022.

garoto
Profile for garoto
Re: CR-V MMC guesses    (Score: 1, Normal) 12-26-2018 12:25
Vertical lights will stay, they’re signature. Unleess they want to further soccer mom it.

HUD.
LED Fogs.
Heated Seats Rear.
Maybe a Pano? Maybe not. They have it in Canada.
Same drivetrain.
Doggyfy the front end like they did the Pilot.
Updated Infotainment.
Hybrid model.
That kind of thing.

HondaDad
Profile for HondaDad
Re: CR-V MMC guesses    (Score: 1, Normal) 12-29-2018 05:39
It would be nice to see a higher engine output option like the Mazda CX5 MMC. I guess we sort of have that with the LX NA engine and the turbo for the models above the LX. But the current turbo is well short of Mazda's turbo.
superchg2
Profile for superchg2
Re: CR-V MMC guesses    (Score: 1, Normal) 12-29-2018 06:21
HondaDad wrote:
It would be nice to see a higher engine output option like the Mazda CX5 MMC. I guess we sort of have that with the LX NA engine and the turbo for the models above the LX. But the current turbo is well short of Mazda's turbo.

The 2.0T would do the trick!

Fishbulb
Profile for Fishbulb
Re: CR-V MMC guesses    (Score: 1, Normal) 12-29-2018 13:50
I doubt it would ever happen, putting the 2.0T in the CRV would kill a major differentiation to the RDX. Maybe once that offers a V6T, but even then, I doubt it.

There's enough overhead room in the 1.5T to add incremental power over the next couple cycles as an upgrade selling point, but in terms of competing with other carmakers, Honda has never done it on a basis of class leading power.

metsfan84
Profile for metsfan84
Re: CR-V MMC guesses    (Score: 1, Normal) 12-30-2018 20:04
Fishbulb wrote:
I doubt it would ever happen, putting the 2.0T in the CRV would kill a major differentiation to the RDX. Maybe once that offers a V6T, but even then, I doubt it.

You're probably right about that being the reason, but by that logic, why has it never been a problem offering a V6 (and now 2.0T) Accord? I'm sure high-end Accords have eaten into many potential Acura sales over the years.

Fishbulb
Profile for Fishbulb
Re: CR-V MMC guesses    (Score: 1, Normal) 12-30-2018 20:44
metsfan84 wrote:
You're probably right about that being the reason, but by that logic, why has it never been a problem offering a V6 (and now 2.0T) Accord? I'm sure high-end Accords have eaten into many potential Acura sales over the years.

I'm sure it's happened, especially during the TL "beak years". But if you wanted SH-AWD, the only option was to step up to the Acura. That was the differentiator on the sedan line, and a major one, imo.

Fitdad
Profile for Fitdad
Re: CR-V MMC guesses    (Score: 1, Normal) 12-30-2018 22:47
metsfan84 wrote:
Fishbulb wrote:

I personally think that there is no market reason for it to exist.

Honda can barely make enough CR-Vs as it is - how many more could they sell and how many sales are they losing?

You could maybe say that - OK - as V6 sedan buyers are transitioning to SUVs they’ll want the same level of power - but I don’t know that sales have indicated that this is happening.

metsfan84
Profile for metsfan84
Re: CR-V MMC guesses    (Score: 1, Normal) 12-31-2018 10:19
Fitdad wrote:

Honda can barely make enough CR-Vs as it is - how many more could they sell and how many sales are they losing?

You could maybe say that - OK - as V6 sedan buyers are transitioning to SUVs they’ll want the same level of power - but I don’t know that sales have indicated that this is happening.

Even if they wouldn't make more sales, what about higher profit margins? I read that historically, something like 10% of Accord buyers opted for the V6. You don't think Honda would sell 10% 2.0T CR-Vs?

They can put a 2.0T in the Touring (which IMO currently isn't worth the premium over the EX-L) and create an Elite trim. It'll be interesting to see how Mazda's two new higher trims do with the turbocharged engine, but then again, they don't have a luxury brand to take sales away from.

NorCalSales
Profile for NorCalSales
Re: CR-V MMC guesses    (Score: 1, Normal) 01-31-2019 09:44
HondaDad wrote:
Hybrid in 2020.

Fitdad
Profile for Fitdad
Re: CR-V MMC guesses    (Score: 1, Normal) 01-31-2019 10:36
metsfan84 wrote:
Fitdad wrote:

Even if they wouldn't make more sales, what about higher profit margins? I read that historically, something like 10% of Accord buyers opted for the V6. You don't think Honda would sell 10% 2.0T CR-Vs?

They can put a 2.0T in the Touring (which IMO currently isn't worth the premium over the EX-L) and create an Elite trim. It'll be interesting to see how Mazda's two new higher trims do with the turbocharged engine, but then again, they don't have a luxury brand to take sales away from.

How much more profit margin would they make by using a much more expensive engine (2.0t), a more expensive transmission (10AT) and all the costs associated with testing and certifying such a powertrain? Also there would likely be chassis and AWD changes (not sure what the torque limit on the current RT-AWD system is) that add to the cost. Sure Honda would make the money back - I'm just saying the they already can price a 1.5T Touring AWD at $34,150.

I will say though - that the Passport pricing leaves room for a 2.0t CR-V...but a hybrid CR-V still makes a lot more sense to this person.

I actually think the best vehicle for the slot we're talking about is a 2.0t Honda Accord Wagon.

Fitdad
Profile for Fitdad
Re: CR-V MMC guesses    (Score: 1, Normal) 01-31-2019 10:47
Also - the CR-V just one ANOTHER big comparo:

https://www.motortrend.com/cars/honda/cr-v/2019/compact-suv-big-test-chevrolet-equinox-honda-cr-v-hyundai-tucson-jeep-cherokee-mazda-cx-5-nissan-rogue-subaru-forester-and-toyota-rav4/

Honda nailed the CR-V this time around. For a car in its third model year to win comparisons like this against a bunch of all new or refreshed comp...REALLY impressive.

So Honda doesn't need huge changes here.

Brutus
Profile for Brutus
Re: CR-V MMC guesses    (Score: 1, Normal) 01-31-2019 11:31
Hybrid is needed. A “sport” model more visual with maybe larger wheels.

Heated rear seats.

This is still the class leading segment leader and for a reason. Incremental changes will be it. Hybrid is the big wish as far as I am concerned

B.

MASTERNC
Profile for MASTERNC
Re: CR-V MMC guesses    (Score: 1, Normal) 01-31-2019 12:30
Hoping for a hybrid within the next 12 months. Will probably be in the market for a new vehicle by then.
None
Profile for None
Re: CR-V MMC guesses    (Score: 1, Normal) 01-31-2019 13:17
Want to get my interest, put the Accord 2.0T 10 speed combo in the CR-V, and make a sport package.
longhorn
Profile for longhorn
Re: CR-V MMC guesses    (Score: 1, Normal) 01-31-2019 13:44
I expect the ugly (Accord) grille plastered on the Pilot to migrate over to the CRV. The Honda design theme must spread.
chhan02
Profile for chhan02
Re: CR-V MMC guesses    (Score: 1, Normal) 01-31-2019 14:05
Updated infotainment with physical buttons added
Sensing on all trims
Standard LED on all trims
2nd row USB on all trims
Tailgate Kick EX and up
Memory seats EX and up

and typical revised bumpers and some interior material improvements.
Hybrid would be nice, but only 2 model years left. I'm sure they'll save it for next gen.

MASTERNC
Profile for MASTERNC
Re: CR-V MMC guesses    (Score: 1, Normal) 02-01-2019 13:32
chhan02 wrote:
Updated infotainment with physical buttons added
Sensing on all trims
Standard LED on all trims
2nd row USB on all trims
Tailgate Kick EX and up
Memory seats EX and up

and typical revised bumpers and some interior material improvements.
Hybrid would be nice, but only 2 model years left. I'm sure they'll save it for next gen.

That's the thing. The hybrid already exists outside the US. It's nearly the same powertrain as the Accord Hybrid. I don't think it's that hard to bring it out. Besides, Toyota just redid theirs, and Ford is bringing a hybrid next year in the Escape.

JimmyEats
Profile for JimmyEats
Re: CR-V MMC guesses    (Score: 1, Normal) 02-07-2019 15:36
Is there a real world mpg or kilometers per liter rating for the CR-V hybrid in Europe and Japan?

I don't really expect the rumored Pilot plug-in or CR-V hybrid to come to the US, but I'm curious, since I'm a few years away from wanting to buy another car.

MASTERNC
Profile for MASTERNC
Re: CR-V MMC guesses    (Score: 1, Normal) 02-07-2019 16:30
JimmyEats wrote:
Is there a real world mpg or kilometers per liter rating for the CR-V hybrid in Europe and Japan?

I don't really expect the rumored Pilot plug-in or CR-V hybrid to come to the US, but I'm curious, since I'm a few years away from wanting to buy another car.

Yes, though not in US standards. The estimate is 38-39 MPG

https://www.autoblog.com/2018/11/19/2019-honda-cr-v-hybrid-fuel-economy-more-revealed-for-europe/

danielgr
Profile for danielgr
Re: CR-V MMC guesses    (Score: 1, Normal) 02-08-2019 08:00
JimmyEats wrote:

Every iMMD car has stellar, best in class (for given vehicle type and power) , real world fuel economy numbers...

None
Profile for None
Re: CR-V MMC guesses    (Score: 1, Normal) 02-08-2019 09:44
Expect to see a new shade of gray.
JimmyEats
Profile for JimmyEats
Re: CR-V MMC guesses    (Score: 1, Normal) 02-15-2019 09:05
Are there any significant places Honda can improve this CR-V? I'd hate to see a MMC be only taillights and bumpers.
NealX
Profile for NealX
Re: CR-V MMC guesses    (Score: 1, Normal) 02-15-2019 10:16
JimmyEats wrote:
Are there any significant places Honda can improve this CR-V? I'd hate to see a MMC be only taillights and bumpers.

I don't think they'll go that far - it will be plastics reshaping and garnishes.

Thread Page - [1]
Go to:
Contact TOV | Submit Your Article | Submit Your Link | Advertise | TOV Shop | Events | Our Sponsors | TOV Archives
Copyright © 2018 Velocitech Inc. All information contained herein remains the property of Velocitech Inc.
The Temple of VTEC is not affiliated with American Honda Motor Co., Inc. TOV Policies and Guidelines - Credits - Privacy Policy
29 mobile: 0