[home][rumors and news][model release matrix][dealer network][desktop calendar][exhaust notes][tov forums][links][search][sponsors][garage][login]

Tire Rack Upgrade Garage
 Search for a Dealer:
 Canadian Flag US Flag
 Honda Acura
 ZIP  
2020 Accords already appearing in dealer order system
More.......................
Is Acura going to reveal a new Legend at Pebble Beach this year?
More.......................
Honda reports February Sales
More.......................
Honda revealing production RWD prototype of Urban EV Concept at the Geneva International Motorshow
More.......................
BBC: Honda set to close Swindon factory in 2022
More.......................
Nikkei: Honda enters agreement with CATL for battery supply contract through 2027
More.......................
Acura Marks 30 Years Since Debut of Iconic NSX Supercar
More.......................
American Honda reports January sales
More.......................
General Talk --> Re: Honda / Acura Shakeup?
Join Discussion......
Accord --> Re: The first RHD 10th gen is here
Join Discussion......
IMA/Hybrids --> Batteries marketplace?
Join Discussion......
Strictly Technical --> Honda/GM Fuel Cell specs
Join Discussion......
CR-V --> 2011 CR-V odd smell diagnosis help
Join Discussion......
Civic --> Re: I chose the Si over the GTI
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Accord-based CT5?!
Join Discussion......
Professional Motorsports --> Re: IMSA - 2019 Mobil 1 Twelve Hours of Sebring
Join Discussion......
Today's Reading Links --> Re: How Acura orchestrated a massive turnaround with a renewed focus on design
Join Discussion......
Ridgeline - General Talk --> Re: 2020 Ridgeline
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Car and Driver's new site.
Join Discussion......
Type R --> Re: DC-R
Join Discussion......
Professional Motorsports --> INDYCAR: Look Back at St. Pete and Forward to COTA
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Hyundai i30 Fastback N (2019)
Join Discussion......
Type R --> Re: Desmond Regamaster Installed!
Join Discussion......
2019 Honda Passport PR Photo Gallery
Read Article....................
2019 Acura NSX PR Photo Gallery
Read Article....................
First Drive: 2019 Acura ILX
Read Article....................
2019 Acura ILX PR Photo Gallery
Read Article....................
First Drive: 2019 Honda Pilot
Read Article....................
2019 Honda Pilot PR Photo Gallery
Read Article....................

[fancy] [flat] [simple]
TOV Forums > TSX > > Re: For Sale: 2012 Acura TSX Sportwagon Tech (SOLD!)

Go to:

Viewing Threshold (What is this?)

Thread Page - [1]
Author
  Post New Thread
JeffX
Profile for JeffX
For Sale: 2012 Acura TSX Sportwagon Tech (SOLD!)    (Score: 1, Normal) 02-11-2019 19:01
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
ONE of them must go. 6 vehicles is just too many.

I haven't fully decided WHICH one yet. The CR-V offers us the most possible utility, but we just purchased a new CR-V over the weekend and having 2 of them seems kind of silly. I'd rather hang onto the Sportwagon because it's just cool. And maybe I'll go through with that 6MT conversion I've been long contemplating. But if anybody's REALLY looking for one, make me an offer.

I will post photos and all that if people are REALLY interested, but here's the quick overview: Our 2012 TSX Sportwagon with Tech package (Bellanova White Pearl) is in very good condition, with 54000 miles. It has a Mugen suspension (shocks and springs) that was at one point shown by Acura but I don't know if it ever made it into the accessories catalog. I would say it's a notch beyond what they did with A-Spec, but it's nothing EXTREME - 25mm drop. I also have the full set of original shocks and springs if you'd rather go back to stock (if you have crappy roads, maybe worth it to do so, but my wife's been driving it here on our Atlanta roads ever since the car was new and she's never complained and *I* find it WAY more entertaining to drive than the stock suspension setup). The tires were replaced in July of 2017 and have about 10k-12k miles on them now. The car was primarily driven by my wife and 95% of the time she was the only person in the car, so the interior is in pretty damn good shape. There is some wear on that rubberized plastic driver side door pull (thanks to my wife's rings) but other than that it's about as close to "immaculate" as you might find in a car that's actually been driven for over 6.5 years. The car is one-owner, no smoker, it was garaged (climate controlled, even) full time until about 18 months ago when it got booted in favor of my Type R. I don't ever recall it being driven in snowy/salty conditions beyond maybe moving it around the driveway the 2 or 3 times we ever did actually get winter weather. We left it parked and drove the Odyssey or CR-V if ever we did get any winter weather. It has worn all season mats all these years, so the carpets are in good shape. It has parchment colored interior but ebony carpets, so it's sort of a two-toned interior scheme.

The exterior has a few minor paint chips here and there - it's nothing out of the ordinary but one of them on the leading edge of the hood has a bit of surface rust that's visible. It's not worth a full respray, obviously, but it's there. I will post full photos if anybody's interested. There are no door dings but there are two small dings in the rear quarter panel where a young male deer headbutted the car as my wife drove past it at ~12mph. I've been told that a paintless dent removal service could easily repair it but I've never bothered to go through with it.

KBB puts the "private seller" value at a range of $14k-16k. I think it's worth AT LEAST $15k.

The CR-V is a 2016 AWD EX in silver with black cloth interior. It's currently sitting at about 36500 miles. Recently quoted a trade of $19,000 on it. Beat that and it can be yours.



Last edited by JeffX on 02-24-2019 16:19
JeffX
Profile for JeffX
Re: For Sale: 2012 Acura TSX Sportwagon Tech (SOLD!)    (Score: 1, Normal) 02-12-2019 12:17
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
well, the TSX wagon just sold, pending final delivery.



Last edited by JeffX on 02-12-2019 12:58
Bullwinkle
Profile for Bullwinkle
Re: For Sale: 2012 Acura TSX Sportwagon Tech (SOLD!)    (Score: 1, Normal) 02-12-2019 14:21
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
JeffX wrote:
well, the TSX wagon just sold, pending final delivery.




Sad that you left the "cult". But I understand. I still have just the TSX Sport Wagon and the S2000. Had 6 inches of snow this morning, and the S2000 handled it really well (my wife had the TSX and I had an appointment).

JeffX
Profile for JeffX
Re: For Sale: 2012 Acura TSX Sportwagon Tech (SOLD!)    (Score: 1, Normal) 02-12-2019 14:35
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
Bullwinkle wrote:
JeffX wrote:
well, the TSX wagon just sold, pending final delivery.




Sad that you left the "cult". But I understand. I still have just the TSX Sport Wagon and the S2000. Had 6 inches of snow this morning, and the S2000 handled it really well (my wife had the TSX and I had an appointment).



It has served us well. It's in great condition but it will be 7 years old in May and I am now paying for insurance on 6 automobiles. It's time for the next owner to enjoy it (and the good news is that it's staying in the TOV family!)

gofast182
Profile for gofast182
Re: For Sale: 2012 Acura TSX Sportwagon Tech (SOLD!)    (Score: 1, Normal) 02-12-2019 16:54
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
It's great that it's staying in the TOV family! My stepdad was looking for one before he leased his Civic but couldn't find the right one. He still has 9 months to go otherwise he may have been a buyer.
JeffX
Profile for JeffX
Re: For Sale: 2012 Acura TSX Sportwagon Tech (SOLD!)    (Score: 1, Normal) 02-12-2019 18:49
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
gofast182 wrote:
It's great that it's staying in the TOV family! My stepdad was looking for one before he leased his Civic but couldn't find the right one. He still has 9 months to go otherwise he may have been a buyer.


Had a flat in the TSX yesterday and took it in to the tire store to get it repaired. I used the factory tire inflator kit for the first time - it worked great. They said they couldn't repair the tire once it had the sealant in it, so they had to order a new tire. Today I went to have it installed and a guy emerged from somewhere and asked "Is that your sportwagon?" then he proceeded to reel off a number of facts that only an enthusiast would know. Then he told me he had a 2012 sportwagon and that he knows first hand that they're EXTREMELY safe in accidents, as his was demolished in an accident 1 week ago just down the street. He showed me the photos - it basically endured a pit maneuver (2 cars merging into the same central lane), spun, hit some stuff, and then was again hit by the same Toyota Tundra that started the spin. it looked like damn near every panel made contact with something.

The guy walked away and said all he endured was a minor bruise on his knee when it hit the center console tunnel.



Last edited by JeffX on 02-12-2019 18:58
madeinhoko
Profile for madeinhoko
Re: For Sale: 2012 Acura TSX Sportwagon Tech (SOLD!)    (Score: 1, Normal) 02-12-2019 19:02
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
I have to admit, I bought a Sportwagon to add to my S2000 because of the great things I heard from the TOVers. It's been great for both surf and snow.

Anybody have a Sportwagon, S2000 and NSX in their collection?

JeffX
Profile for JeffX
Re: For Sale: 2012 Acura TSX Sportwagon Tech (SOLD!)    (Score: 1, Normal) 02-12-2019 19:26
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
madeinhoko wrote:
I have to admit, I bought a Sportwagon to add to my S2000 because of the great things I heard from the TOVers. It's been great for both surf and snow.

Anybody have a Sportwagon, S2000 and NSX in their collection?



dammit. the holy trinity. now you're gonna make me regret selling my TSX sportwagon before I get my NSX!!

gofast182
Profile for gofast182
Re: For Sale: 2012 Acura TSX Sportwagon Tech (SOLD!)    (Score: 1, Normal) 02-13-2019 08:39
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
JeffX wrote:
gofast182 wrote:
It's great that it's staying in the TOV family! My stepdad was looking for one before he leased his Civic but couldn't find the right one. He still has 9 months to go otherwise he may have been a buyer.


Had a flat in the TSX yesterday and took it in to the tire store to get it repaired. I used the factory tire inflator kit for the first time - it worked great. They said they couldn't repair the tire once it had the sealant in it, so they had to order a new tire. Today I went to have it installed and a guy emerged from somewhere and asked "Is that your sportwagon?" then he proceeded to reel off a number of facts that only an enthusiast would know. Then he told me he had a 2012 sportwagon and that he knows first hand that they're EXTREMELY safe in accidents, as his was demolished in an accident 1 week ago just down the street. He showed me the photos - it basically endured a pit maneuver (2 cars merging into the same central lane), spun, hit some stuff, and then was again hit by the same Toyota Tundra that started the spin. it looked like damn near every panel made contact with something.

The guy walked away and said all he endured was a minor bruise on his knee when it hit the center console tunnel.


When we were test driving my 2012 part of the salesman's pitch from the back seat was how safe the car is. He cited an example of a TSX that was hit from several sides in a local intersection. The car was totaled but the driver and passenger walked away with no injuries.

JeffX
Profile for JeffX
Re: For Sale: 2012 Acura TSX Sportwagon Tech (SOLD!)    (Score: 1, Normal) 02-24-2019 16:26
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
I figured he would have chimed in by now, but I sold the SportWagon to HONDA AFVM's (Andrew's) lovely wife, and I delivered the car to them one week ago today, following a fine breakfast at a Lexington, Ky Waffle House.

It was hard to let it go, particularly with it being in essentially flawless mechanical condition and superb physical condition, but I'm glad it went to a good home and I know it will be well cared for.

Here's a selfie of the 3 of us. Andrew, his lovely wife, and myself, running on absolute fumes (~2.5-3 hours of sleep the night before this 12 hour day on the road. I had the car all cleaned up before leaving Atlanta, but I drove through endless rain to deliver the car so it had a decent layer of grime on it by the time we took this photo.



Happy motoring, Mr. and Mrs. HONDA_AFVM!!

gofast182
Profile for gofast182
Re: For Sale: 2012 Acura TSX Sportwagon Tech (SOLD!)    (Score: 1, Normal) 02-24-2019 18:27
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
Very nice! Glad it went to a home we all know is good.
superchg2
Profile for superchg2
Re: For Sale: 2012 Acura TSX Sportwagon Tech (SOLD!)    (Score: 1, Normal) 02-24-2019 18:46
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
It looks like Andrew's Wife has purchased a very nice Sportwagon, indeed!


nowakj66
Profile for nowakj66
Re: For Sale: 2012 Acura TSX Sportwagon Tech (SOLD!)    (Score: 1, Normal) 02-24-2019 19:54
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
Congrats to the new owners! I still love my vortex blue pearl sport wagon and manage to think of it as my *new* car!

It still gets many compliments and manages to be somewhat a rare sight.

Not sure what its spiritual successor would be in Honda-Acura land but nothing has really caught my eye yet in the same vein.

Accord 2.0T with a stick, Ridgeline, and Civic Si / Type R are the current Honda products that manage to get me excited.

Congrats again on a great purchase!

Bullwinkle
Profile for Bullwinkle
Re: For Sale: 2012 Acura TSX Sportwagon Tech (SOLD!)    (Score: 1, Normal) 02-24-2019 20:06
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
JeffX wrote:
I figured he would have chimed in by now, but I sold the SportWagon to HONDA AFVM's (Andrew's) lovely wife, and I delivered the car to them one week ago today, following a fine breakfast at a Lexington, Ky Waffle House.

It was hard to let it go, particularly with it being in essentially flawless mechanical condition and superb physical condition, but I'm glad it went to a good home and I know it will be well cared for.

Here's a selfie of the 3 of us. Andrew, his lovely wife, and myself, running on absolute fumes (~2.5-3 hours of sleep the night before this 12 hour day on the road. I had the car all cleaned up before leaving Atlanta, but I drove through endless rain to deliver the car so it had a decent layer of grime on it by the time we took this photo.



Happy motoring, Mr. and Mrs. HONDA_AFVM!!



Does the Honda AFVM Family have an S2000?

cksi1372
Profile for cksi1372
Re: For Sale: 2012 Acura TSX Sportwagon Tech (SOLD!)    (Score: 1, Normal) 02-24-2019 21:35
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
JeffX wrote:
I figured he would have chimed in by now, but I sold the SportWagon to HONDA AFVM's (Andrew's) lovely wife, and I delivered the car to them one week ago today, following a fine breakfast at a Lexington, Ky Waffle House.

It was hard to let it go, particularly with it being in essentially flawless mechanical condition and superb physical condition, but I'm glad it went to a good home and I know it will be well cared for.

Here's a selfie of the 3 of us. Andrew, his lovely wife, and myself, running on absolute fumes (~2.5-3 hours of sleep the night before this 12 hour day on the road. I had the car all cleaned up before leaving Atlanta, but I drove through endless rain to deliver the car so it had a decent layer of grime on it by the time we took this photo.



Happy motoring, Mr. and Mrs. HONDA_AFVM!!



Awesome! Couldn't have gone to a better TOV family member.
I look forward to the next pic...Andrew begging his wife for the keys like a 16 year old. :)

HONDA AFVM
Profile for HONDA AFVM
Re: For Sale: 2012 Acura TSX Sportwagon Tech (SOLD!)    (Score: 1, Normal) 02-24-2019 22:24
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
cksi1372 wrote:
JeffX wrote:
I figured he would have chimed in by now, but I sold the SportWagon to HONDA AFVM's (Andrew's) lovely wife, and I delivered the car to them one week ago today, following a fine breakfast at a Lexington, Ky Waffle House.

It was hard to let it go, particularly with it being in essentially flawless mechanical condition and superb physical condition, but I'm glad it went to a good home and I know it will be well cared for.

Here's a selfie of the 3 of us. Andrew, his lovely wife, and myself, running on absolute fumes (~2.5-3 hours of sleep the night before this 12 hour day on the road. I had the car all cleaned up before leaving Atlanta, but I drove through endless rain to deliver the car so it had a decent layer of grime on it by the time we took this photo.



Happy motoring, Mr. and Mrs. HONDA_AFVM!!



Awesome! Couldn't have gone to a better TOV family member.
I look forward to the next pic...Andrew begging his wife for the keys like a 16 year old. :)


We love it. It was so nice of Jeff to meet us half way. We had a great drive back. Fun car and my lovely wife loves it. It has snow tires on it and we will get use to all the stuff in it she has a 16 Civic EX-T now so losing Apple CarPlay will be an adjustment. We値l update the navigation and brakes all around and we値l be good. I do believe there is a plug n play Apple CarPlay so I値l look into that.

Jeff and his wife kept it in great shape. I知 parking my Accord Sport for 3 months and will finish out my wife痴 lease on her Civic to get a head on my lease miles on my Accord.

Have a great week TOVers!!!!! 😎

HONDA AFVM
Profile for HONDA AFVM
Re: For Sale: 2012 Acura TSX Sportwagon Tech (SOLD!)    (Score: 1, Normal) 02-24-2019 22:24
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
cksi1372 wrote:
JeffX wrote:
I figured he would have chimed in by now, but I sold the SportWagon to HONDA AFVM's (Andrew's) lovely wife, and I delivered the car to them one week ago today, following a fine breakfast at a Lexington, Ky Waffle House.

It was hard to let it go, particularly with it being in essentially flawless mechanical condition and superb physical condition, but I'm glad it went to a good home and I know it will be well cared for.

Here's a selfie of the 3 of us. Andrew, his lovely wife, and myself, running on absolute fumes (~2.5-3 hours of sleep the night before this 12 hour day on the road. I had the car all cleaned up before leaving Atlanta, but I drove through endless rain to deliver the car so it had a decent layer of grime on it by the time we took this photo.



Happy motoring, Mr. and Mrs. HONDA_AFVM!!



Awesome! Couldn't have gone to a better TOV family member.
I look forward to the next pic...Andrew begging his wife for the keys like a 16 year old. :)


We love it. It was so nice of Jeff to meet us half way. We had a great drive back. Fun car and my lovely wife loves it. It has snow tires on it and we will get use to all the stuff in it she has a 16 Civic EX-T now so losing Apple CarPlay will be an adjustment. We値l update the navigation and brakes all around and we値l be good. I do believe there is a plug n play Apple CarPlay so I値l look into that.

Jeff and his wife kept it in great shape. I知 parking my Accord Sport for 3 months and will finish out my wife痴 lease on her Civic to get a head on my lease miles on my Accord.

Have a great week TOVers!!!!! 😎

HondaJet
Profile for HondaJet
Re: For Sale: 2012 Acura TSX Sportwagon Tech (SOLD!)    (Score: 1, Normal) 02-24-2019 22:35
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
JeffX wrote:
I figured he would have chimed in by now, but I sold the SportWagon to HONDA AFVM's (Andrew's) lovely wife, and I delivered the car to them one week ago today, following a fine breakfast at a Lexington, Ky Waffle House.

It was hard to let it go, particularly with it being in essentially flawless mechanical condition and superb physical condition, but I'm glad it went to a good home and I know it will be well cared for.

Here's a selfie of the 3 of us. Andrew, his lovely wife, and myself, running on absolute fumes (~2.5-3 hours of sleep the night before this 12 hour day on the road. I had the car all cleaned up before leaving Atlanta, but I drove through endless rain to deliver the car so it had a decent layer of grime on it by the time we took this photo.



Happy motoring, Mr. and Mrs. HONDA_AFVM!!


Congratulations on a purchase of a most fine automobile!! That car looks awesome!

nowakj66
Profile for nowakj66
Re: For Sale: 2012 Acura TSX Sportwagon Tech (SOLD!)    (Score: 1, Normal) 02-25-2019 07:19
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
Congrats - as a fellow TSX Sportwagon owner, I find that plugging the phone into the USB jack rather than using bluetooth makes things such more reliable - avoids audio drop outs. Charges the phone too.

I am a big podcast lister and use the iOS "Overcast" app on iPhone for podcast and it allows you to use audio controls to move audio forward and back by using next track button on steering wheel.

I'd be curious to hear what you learn about adding CarPlay. We have that in our Odyssey and it is really nice.

Happy motoring and I hope you enjoy your sweet ride!

JeffX
Profile for JeffX
Re: For Sale: 2012 Acura TSX Sportwagon Tech (SOLD!)    (Score: 1, Normal) 02-25-2019 09:59
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
nowakj66 wrote:
Congrats - as a fellow TSX Sportwagon owner, I find that plugging the phone into the USB jack rather than using bluetooth makes things such more reliable - avoids audio drop outs. Charges the phone too.

I am a big podcast lister and use the iOS "Overcast" app on iPhone for podcast and it allows you to use audio controls to move audio forward and back by using next track button on steering wheel.

I'd be curious to hear what you learn about adding CarPlay. We have that in our Odyssey and it is really nice.

Happy motoring and I hope you enjoy your sweet ride!



I had heard some people complain about BT in Acuras of that vintage but in the 6.5 years we had the car we never had any bluetooth dropout problems that I'm aware of. This was across several generations of iPhone and a few Android phones. Though I should add that my wife was the primary driver of the vehicle, and she probably listened to FM radio more than anything on bluetooth (usually Pandora for her). I'm either listening to XM or something streaming on my phone, and whenever I drove the car it connected to my phone promptly and never gave me any connection issues. Maybe we just got lucky.

TonyEX
Profile for TonyEX
Re: For Sale: 2012 Acura TSX Sportwagon Tech (SOLD!)    (Score: 1, Normal) 02-25-2019 14:51
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
I love those Sport Wagons.... after we had a quick succession of '12, '13 and '14 Techs with the roof rails and all weather mats, of course.

And if you fill the tank, those things have awesome range. Almost 500 miles.

BUT, you just know what's gonna happen to your old wagon, huh, Jeff?

Andrew is going to start filling up the tank to the brim so he can reach 800 miles per tank..

.. and he'll put a Porsche logo on it.

Because, let's face it, the Sport Wagon is one of the best cars HMC has ever built. Porsche would be proud to have such a car in their portfolio. ;-D

If only they'd bring it back with SH-AWD, a 2.0T, 8DCT and rear wing...

LHT62
Profile for LHT62
Re: For Sale: 2012 Acura TSX Sportwagon Tech (SOLD!)    (Score: 1, Normal) 03-01-2019 10:03
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
Great story! Thanks for sharing.

My 12 TSX wagon base has been a good car, other than having to replace the CV joints just after the car went off warranty. Its only minor mods are a back-up camera and a full-size spare (but I still keep the included inflator kit in the car).

However, I need something bigger now with more utility, including plug'n play for a trailer brake controller, but still a decent commuter vehicle. I will probably get a Ridgeline after the mid-cycle refresh. Regret for letting go of my TSX is inevitable :(

TonyEX
Profile for TonyEX
Re: For Sale: 2012 Acura TSX Sportwagon Tech (SOLD!)    (Score: 1, Normal) 03-05-2019 15:29
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
LHT62 wrote:
Great story! Thanks for sharing.

My 12 TSX wagon base has been a good car, other than having to replace the CV joints just after the car went off warranty. Its only minor mods are a back-up camera and a full-size spare (but I still keep the included inflator kit in the car).

However, I need something bigger now with more utility, including plug'n play for a trailer brake controller, but still a decent commuter vehicle. I will probably get a Ridgeline after the mid-cycle refresh. Regret for letting go of my TSX is inevitable :(



We went from a three year succession of TSX Wagons to a three year
succession of RDXs -Tech AWD. It was a fine swap, adding AWD and a more powerful powertrain, but it lacked the long range per tank of the TSX (500 mi vs. 360 miles) so it was a big hassle on long distance tours and vacations. The TSX also FELT much more solid.

We regret we let it go, we should have made room for our last TSX Wagon. Just don't tell my wife that I wrote this, she's still pissed off at me over that.

LHT62
Profile for LHT62
Re: For Sale: 2012 Acura TSX Sportwagon Tech (SOLD!)    (Score: 1, Normal) 03-07-2019 15:25
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
TonyEX wrote:


We went from a three year succession of TSX Wagons to a three year
succession of RDXs -Tech AWD. It was a fine swap, adding AWD and a more powerful powertrain, but it lacked the long range per tank of the TSX (500 mi vs. 360 miles) so it was a big hassle on long distance tours and vacations. The TSX also FELT much more solid.

We regret we let it go, we should have made room for our last TSX Wagon. Just don't tell my wife that I wrote this, she's still pissed off at me over that.



Yeah, I agree. There is a sense of solidity in the TSX vs my gf's '17 RDX Advance. Not that the RDX is bad, it's definitely more "advanced", but the doors, seats, steering rack, and general structure just feel higher quality in the TSX. I much prefer the TSX for road trips for comfort & handling, but yeah, the driving range is a huge advantage. I'll give the edge to the RDX for general SoCal area driving with the its higher ride height, merging/passing power, driver aids/tech bits, and nicely dampened ride.

How does your Ridgeline compare to the RDX & TSX for long distance driving, especially comfort?

brichpmr
Profile for brichpmr
Re: For Sale: 2012 Acura TSX Sportwagon Tech (SOLD!)    (Score: 1, Normal) 03-11-2019 14:26
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
LHT62 wrote:
TonyEX wrote:


We went from a three year succession of TSX Wagons to a three year
succession of RDXs -Tech AWD. It was a fine swap, adding AWD and a more powerful powertrain, but it lacked the long range per tank of the TSX (500 mi vs. 360 miles) so it was a big hassle on long distance tours and vacations. The TSX also FELT much more solid.

We regret we let it go, we should have made room for our last TSX Wagon. Just don't tell my wife that I wrote this, she's still pissed off at me over that.



Yeah, I agree. There is a sense of solidity in the TSX vs my gf's '17 RDX Advance. Not that the RDX is bad, it's definitely more "advanced", but the doors, seats, steering rack, and general structure just feel higher quality in the TSX. I much prefer the TSX for road trips for comfort & handling, but yeah, the driving range is a huge advantage. I'll give the edge to the RDX for general SoCal area driving with the its higher ride height, merging/passing power, driver aids/tech bits, and nicely dampened ride.

How does your Ridgeline compare to the RDX & TSX for long distance driving, especially comfort?



In terms of build quality, my 2012 Sport Wagon definitely fights above its weight; and going all the way back to my first Prelude in 1983 and including my 95 Legend GS sedan, this wagon is in many respects the best Honda I have owned.

JeffX
Profile for JeffX
Re: For Sale: 2012 Acura TSX Sportwagon Tech (SOLD!)    (Score: 1, Normal) 03-11-2019 14:50
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
brichpmr wrote:
LHT62 wrote:
TonyEX wrote:


We went from a three year succession of TSX Wagons to a three year
succession of RDXs -Tech AWD. It was a fine swap, adding AWD and a more powerful powertrain, but it lacked the long range per tank of the TSX (500 mi vs. 360 miles) so it was a big hassle on long distance tours and vacations. The TSX also FELT much more solid.

We regret we let it go, we should have made room for our last TSX Wagon. Just don't tell my wife that I wrote this, she's still pissed off at me over that.



Yeah, I agree. There is a sense of solidity in the TSX vs my gf's '17 RDX Advance. Not that the RDX is bad, it's definitely more "advanced", but the doors, seats, steering rack, and general structure just feel higher quality in the TSX. I much prefer the TSX for road trips for comfort & handling, but yeah, the driving range is a huge advantage. I'll give the edge to the RDX for general SoCal area driving with the its higher ride height, merging/passing power, driver aids/tech bits, and nicely dampened ride.

How does your Ridgeline compare to the RDX & TSX for long distance driving, especially comfort?



In terms of build quality, my 2012 Sport Wagon definitely fights above its weight; and going all the way back to my first Prelude in 1983 and including my 95 Legend GS sedan, this wagon is in many respects the best Honda I have owned.



yes it seemed to be designed and engineered to a much higher standard than the TL, even if it didn't have the same level of "premium" appointments.

sadlerau
Profile for sadlerau
Re: For Sale: 2012 Acura TSX Sportwagon Tech (SOLD!)    (Score: 1, Normal) 03-11-2019 19:10
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
JeffX wrote:
yes it seemed to be designed and engineered to a much higher standard than the TL, even if it didn't have the same level of "premium" appointments.


I remember when Wheels Magazine road tested the 2nd generation of the Euro Accord, before they awarded it the 2008 Car of the Year gong, they compared it favourably against zee German big 3 counterparts, and claimed it matched or bettered those models in almost every department, despite it being FWD [oh what a sin].

Seems like eons ago..........

JeffX
Profile for JeffX
Re: For Sale: 2012 Acura TSX Sportwagon Tech (SOLD!)    (Score: 1, Normal) 03-11-2019 20:17
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
sadlerau wrote:
JeffX wrote:
yes it seemed to be designed and engineered to a much higher standard than the TL, even if it didn't have the same level of "premium" appointments.


I remember when Wheels Magazine road tested the 2nd generation of the Euro Accord, before they awarded it the 2008 Car of the Year gong, they compared it favourably against zee German big 3 counterparts, and claimed it matched or bettered those models in almost every department, despite it being FWD [oh what a sin].

Seems like eons ago..........



at the power level we got here, FWD was fine, and it handled great for a 3500lb wagon.

My only issues were that 1) it didn't have at least 250hp 2) they never offered it with MT

But to be completely honest, IF they had offered it with MT and with only the 205hp K24 and an open diff I never would have purchased it for ME to drive. Since it ONLY came with an AT, then it was the perfect car for my wife, who loves wagons and won't touch MT. This way I got to drive it too :)


 
Thread Page - [1]
Go to:
Contact TOV | Submit Your Article | Submit Your Link | Advertise | TOV Shop | Events | Our Sponsors | TOV Archives
Copyright © 2018 Velocitech Inc. All information contained herein remains the property of Velocitech Inc.
The Temple of VTEC is not affiliated with American Honda Motor Co., Inc. TOV Policies and Guidelines - Credits - Privacy Policy
30 mobile: 0