[home][rumors and news][model release matrix][dealer network][desktop calendar][exhaust notes][tov forums][links][search][sponsors][garage][login]

Tire Rack Upgrade Garage
 Search for a Dealer:
 Canadian Flag US Flag
 Honda Acura
 ZIP  
BBC: Honda set to close Swindon factory in 2022
More.......................
Nikkei: Honda enters agreement with CATL for battery supply contract through 2027
Acura Marks 30 Years Since Debut of Iconic NSX Supercar
American Honda reports January sales
Acura Marks 15th Anniversary of Super Handling All-Wheel Drive™
Honda releases pricing and EPA information for 2019 Passport
American Honda Reports December Sales
American Honda Reports November Sales
NSX --> Re: JB4 Tuning Box from ScienceofSpeed for 2017+ NSX
Join Discussion......
RDX --> Re: RDX not recommended by Consumer Reports
Join Discussion......
Repair and Maintenance --> Re: Crank, no start, but runs great with push start. Please read
Join Discussion......
Today's Reading Links --> Re: Consumer Reports Strikes Again - Tesla Model 3 No Longer Recommended
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: More "ACURA" than "ACURA?"
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: CA proposing local autobahn instead of rail
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Z6 head studs
Join Discussion......
Type R --> Re: DC-R
Join Discussion......
Professional Motorsports --> Re: F1 - 2019 Pre-Season Testing - Days 1-4
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Sunny came home with a mission
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Timid AHM marketing
Join Discussion......
Professional Motorsports --> Re: Will Honda join Aston Martin and Red Bull with Sports Cars
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Facts about HMA - 60 years of AHM - 50 years of CB750
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Said Goodbye to the MDX Today
Join Discussion......
Professional Motorsports --> Re: F1 - Toro Rosso STR14 Pictures
Join Discussion......
2019 Honda Passport PR Photo Gallery
Read Article....................
2019 Acura NSX PR Photo Gallery
First Drive: 2019 Acura ILX
2019 Acura ILX PR Photo Gallery
First Drive: 2019 Honda Pilot
2019 Honda Pilot PR Photo Gallery

[fancy] [flat] [simple]
TOV Forums > General Talk > > Re: Open House at Honda Motor's Collection in Torrance a.k.a. their "Secret Museum" (Feb. 15 -10 AM-2PM)

Go to:

Viewing Threshold (What is this?)

Thread Page - [1]
Author
  Post New Thread
ferio252
Profile for ferio252
Open House at Honda Motor's Collection in Torrance a.k.a. their "Secret Museum" (Feb. 15 -10 AM-2PM)    (Score: 1, Normal) 02-12-2019 02:43
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
Came across this "open invite" of sorts from Honda's Manager of Show's and Exhibits.

https://www.instagram.com/p/Btw_wkGFivh/

If you're in the area on Feb 15, it might be worth your while to tour this "secret" Honda Museum!

"...we can invite you to our next open house at the AHM Collection Hall, this Friday, 10am-2pm. The facility is unmarked at 19988 Van Ness in Torrance CA. At noon, pending good weather and no rain, you are welcome to join @just_a_honda_guy for an informal walking tour of the AHM campus right down the street. Photography is encouraged at the Collection, however, none is permitted on the AHM campus. Looking forward to Friday!"

@lanta
Profile for @lanta
Re: Open House at Honda Motor's Collection in Torrance a.k.a. their "Secret Museum" (Feb. 15 -10 AM-2PM)    (Score: 1, Normal) 02-13-2019 08:38
Didn’t they used to have to blindfold outsiders who got to see the secret museum? Now they’re giving out the address? Lol
TonyEX
Profile for TonyEX
Re: Open House at Honda Motor's Collection in Torrance a.k.a. their "Secret Museum" (Feb. 15 -10 AM-2PM)    (Score: 1, Normal) 02-13-2019 18:27
ferio252 wrote:
Came across this "open invite" of sorts from Honda's Manager of Show's and Exhibits.

https://www.instagram.com/p/Btw_wkGFivh/

If you're in the area on Feb 15, it might be worth your while to tour this "secret" Honda Museum!

"...we can invite you to our next open house at the AHM Collection Hall, this Friday, 10am-2pm. The facility is unmarked at 19988 Van Ness in Torrance CA. At noon, pending good weather and no rain, you are welcome to join @just_a_honda_guy for an informal walking tour of the AHM campus right down the street. Photography is encouraged at the Collection, however, none is permitted on the AHM campus. Looking forward to Friday!"

I've been there.

Truly fun place.

Lots of fun cars.

eneka
Profile for eneka
Re: Open House at Honda Motor's Collection in Torrance a.k.a. their "Secret Museum" (Feb. 15 -10 AM-2PM)    (Score: 1, Normal) 02-13-2019 20:46
Dang if only it was on Saturday!!
tennis32828
Profile for tennis32828
Re: Open House at Honda Motor's Collection in Torrance a.k.a. their "Secret Museum" (Feb. 15 -10 AM-2PM)    (Score: 1, Normal) 02-14-2019 21:39
I visited the museum back in march of 2016 hooked up by one of the member on vtec. Def a bucket list for any honda fans. Took bunch of photos.
Grace141
Profile for Grace141
Re: Open House at Honda Motor's Collection in Torrance a.k.a. their "Secret Museum" (Feb. 15 -10 AM-2PM)    (Score: 1, Normal) 02-16-2019 09:46
Mazda recently announced they'll offer some of their NA Miata restoration parts in the US. I think that's the next step for Honda with building a stronger foundation of support for their brand. Contracting out the repop of common problem parts such as the moonroof panel for the 2G CRX would do wonders. Offering tours of the private collection is a cool first step.
superchg2
Profile for superchg2
Re: Open House at Honda Motor's Collection in Torrance a.k.a. their "Secret Museum" (Feb. 15 -10 AM-2PM)    (Score: 1, Normal) 02-16-2019 16:17
Grace141 wrote:
Mazda recently announced they'll offer some of their NA Miata restoration parts in the US. I think that's the next step for Honda with building a stronger foundation of support for their brand. Contracting out the repop of common problem parts such as the moonroof panel for the 2G CRX would do wonders. Offering tours of the private collection is a cool first step.

Other than a tour of their special cars, I don't get the feeling that Honda is doing too much support of the brand.

Other than the CTR, they seem to be behind the curve in terms of enthusiast cars. Stick shifts are almost impossible to find at dealerships and there is no response to demand for upgrades on engines.

Mazda's CX-5 with the 2.5 Turbo has had great reviews and answered the need for more power from some buyers.

Leaving the HRV with the 1.8 motor at MMC and Si with 1.5T indicates that there is no real enthusiasm in the ranks of Honda these days to improve the breed.

And the reliability slide isn't helping much, either.

TonyEX
Profile for TonyEX
Re: Open House at Honda Motor's Collection in Torrance a.k.a. their "Secret Museum" (Feb. 15 -10 AM-2PM)    (Score: 1, Normal) 02-16-2019 18:59
tennis32828 wrote:
I visited the museum back in march of 2016 hooked up by one of the member on vtec. Def a bucket list for any honda fans. Took bunch of photos.

We did too.

As I was told, as we walked through the place, one of the Integras on display was actually the Associate Lease car for one of my wife's coworkers. My wife had ridden in it for lunch. I guess when the car was returned at the end of the lease the AHM never sold it and eventually found its way to the museum.

My better half arranged a private viewing for both of us. It was really awesome.

As you walk in, towards the rear, left, the front building facade on the wall, the one that says "Honda", is a facsimile of the original American Honda Motors in Gardena.

Thread Page - [1]
Go to:
Contact TOV | Submit Your Article | Submit Your Link | Advertise | TOV Shop | Events | Our Sponsors | TOV Archives
Copyright © 2018 Velocitech Inc. All information contained herein remains the property of Velocitech Inc.
The Temple of VTEC is not affiliated with American Honda Motor Co., Inc. TOV Policies and Guidelines - Credits - Privacy Policy
29 mobile: 0