[home][rumors and news][model release matrix][dealer network][desktop calendar][exhaust notes][tov forums][links][search][sponsors][garage][login]

Tire Rack Upgrade Garage
 Search for a Dealer:
 Canadian Flag US Flag
 Honda Acura
 ZIP  
BBC: Honda set to close Swindon factory in 2022
More.......................
Nikkei: Honda enters agreement with CATL for battery supply contract through 2027
Acura Marks 30 Years Since Debut of Iconic NSX Supercar
American Honda reports January sales
Acura Marks 15th Anniversary of Super Handling All-Wheel Drive™
Honda releases pricing and EPA information for 2019 Passport
American Honda Reports December Sales
American Honda Reports November Sales
NSX --> Re: JB4 Tuning Box from ScienceofSpeed for 2017+ NSX
Join Discussion......
RDX --> Re: RDX not recommended by Consumer Reports
Join Discussion......
Repair and Maintenance --> Re: Crank, no start, but runs great with push start. Please read
Join Discussion......
Today's Reading Links --> Re: Consumer Reports Strikes Again - Tesla Model 3 No Longer Recommended
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: More "ACURA" than "ACURA?"
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: CA proposing local autobahn instead of rail
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Z6 head studs
Join Discussion......
Type R --> Re: DC-R
Join Discussion......
Professional Motorsports --> Re: F1 - 2019 Pre-Season Testing - Days 1-4
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Sunny came home with a mission
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Timid AHM marketing
Join Discussion......
Professional Motorsports --> Re: Will Honda join Aston Martin and Red Bull with Sports Cars
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Facts about HMA - 60 years of AHM - 50 years of CB750
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Said Goodbye to the MDX Today
Join Discussion......
Professional Motorsports --> Re: F1 - Toro Rosso STR14 Pictures
Join Discussion......
2019 Honda Passport PR Photo Gallery
Read Article....................
2019 Acura NSX PR Photo Gallery
First Drive: 2019 Acura ILX
2019 Acura ILX PR Photo Gallery
First Drive: 2019 Honda Pilot
2019 Honda Pilot PR Photo Gallery

[fancy] [flat] [simple]
TOV Forums > Classifieds: Buy & Sell > > Re: For Sale: 2012 Acura TSX Sportwagon Tech (SOLD!)

Go to:

Viewing Threshold (What is this?)

Thread Page - [1]
Author
  Post New Thread
JeffX
Profile for JeffX
For Sale: 2012 Acura TSX Sportwagon Tech OR 2016 CR-V EX AWD    (Score: 1, Normal) 02-11-2019 19:01
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
ONE of them must go. 6 vehicles is just too many.

I haven't fully decided WHICH one yet. The CR-V offers us the most possible utility, but we just purchased a new CR-V over the weekend and having 2 of them seems kind of silly. I'd rather hang onto the Sportwagon because it's just cool. And maybe I'll go through with that 6MT conversion I've been long contemplating. But if anybody's REALLY looking for one, make me an offer.

I will post photos and all that if people are REALLY interested, but here's the quick overview: Our 2012 TSX Sportwagon with Tech package (Bellanova White Pearl) is in very good condition, with 54000 miles. It has a Mugen suspension (shocks and springs) that was at one point shown by Acura but I don't know if it ever made it into the accessories catalog. I would say it's a notch beyond what they did with A-Spec, but it's nothing EXTREME - 25mm drop. I also have the full set of original shocks and springs if you'd rather go back to stock (if you have crappy roads, maybe worth it to do so, but my wife's been driving it here on our Atlanta roads ever since the car was new and she's never complained and *I* find it WAY more entertaining to drive than the stock suspension setup). The tires were replaced in July of 2017 and have about 10k-12k miles on them now. The car was primarily driven by my wife and 95% of the time she was the only person in the car, so the interior is in pretty damn good shape. There is some wear on that rubberized plastic driver side door pull (thanks to my wife's rings) but other than that it's about as close to "immaculate" as you might find in a car that's actually been driven for over 6.5 years. The car is one-owner, no smoker, it was garaged (climate controlled, even) full time until about 18 months ago when it got booted in favor of my Type R. I don't ever recall it being driven in snowy/salty conditions beyond maybe moving it around the driveway the 2 or 3 times we ever did actually get winter weather. We left it parked and drove the Odyssey or CR-V if ever we did get any winter weather. It has worn all season mats all these years, so the carpets are in good shape. It has parchment colored interior but ebony carpets, so it's sort of a two-toned interior scheme.

The exterior has a few minor paint chips here and there - it's nothing out of the ordinary but one of them on the leading edge of the hood has a bit of surface rust that's visible. It's not worth a full respray, obviously, but it's there. I will post full photos if anybody's interested. There are no door dings but there are two small dings in the rear quarter panel where a young male deer headbutted the car as my wife drove past it at ~12mph. I've been told that a paintless dent removal service could easily repair it but I've never bothered to go through with it.

KBB puts the "private seller" value at a range of $14k-16k. I think it's worth AT LEAST $15k.

The CR-V is a 2016 AWD EX in silver with black cloth interior. It's currently sitting at about 36500 miles. Recently quoted a trade of $19,000 on it. Beat that and it can be yours.

Last edited by JeffX on 02-11-2019 19:26
JeffX
Profile for JeffX
Re: For Sale: 2012 Acura TSX Sportwagon Tech (SOLD!)    (Score: 1, Normal) 02-12-2019 12:17
well, the TSX wagon just sold, pending final delivery.

Last edited by JeffX on 02-12-2019 12:58
Bullwinkle
Profile for Bullwinkle
Re: For Sale: 2012 Acura TSX Sportwagon Tech (SOLD!)    (Score: 1, Normal) 02-12-2019 14:21
JeffX wrote:

Sad that you left the "cult". But I understand. I still have just the TSX Sport Wagon and the S2000. Had 6 inches of snow this morning, and the S2000 handled it really well (my wife had the TSX and I had an appointment).

JeffX
Profile for JeffX
Re: For Sale: 2012 Acura TSX Sportwagon Tech (SOLD!)    (Score: 1, Normal) 02-12-2019 14:35
Bullwinkle wrote:
JeffX wrote:

Sad that you left the "cult". But I understand. I still have just the TSX Sport Wagon and the S2000. Had 6 inches of snow this morning, and the S2000 handled it really well (my wife had the TSX and I had an appointment).

It has served us well. It's in great condition but it will be 7 years old in May and I am now paying for insurance on 6 automobiles. It's time for the next owner to enjoy it (and the good news is that it's staying in the TOV family!)

gofast182
Profile for gofast182
Re: For Sale: 2012 Acura TSX Sportwagon Tech (SOLD!)    (Score: 1, Normal) 02-12-2019 16:54
It's great that it's staying in the TOV family! My stepdad was looking for one before he leased his Civic but couldn't find the right one. He still has 9 months to go otherwise he may have been a buyer.
JeffX
Profile for JeffX
Re: For Sale: 2012 Acura TSX Sportwagon Tech (SOLD!)    (Score: 1, Normal) 02-12-2019 18:49
gofast182 wrote:
It's great that it's staying in the TOV family! My stepdad was looking for one before he leased his Civic but couldn't find the right one. He still has 9 months to go otherwise he may have been a buyer.

Had a flat in the TSX yesterday and took it in to the tire store to get it repaired. I used the factory tire inflator kit for the first time - it worked great. They said they couldn't repair the tire once it had the sealant in it, so they had to order a new tire. Today I went to have it installed and a guy emerged from somewhere and asked "Is that your sportwagon?" then he proceeded to reel off a number of facts that only an enthusiast would know. Then he told me he had a 2012 sportwagon and that he knows first hand that they're EXTREMELY safe in accidents, as his was demolished in an accident 1 week ago just down the street. He showed me the photos - it basically endured a pit maneuver (2 cars merging into the same central lane), spun, hit some stuff, and then was again hit by the same Toyota Tundra that started the spin. it looked like damn near every panel made contact with something.

The guy walked away and said all he endured was a minor bruise on his knee when it hit the center console tunnel.

Last edited by JeffX on 02-12-2019 18:58
madeinhoko
Profile for madeinhoko
Re: For Sale: 2012 Acura TSX Sportwagon Tech (SOLD!)    (Score: 1, Normal) 02-12-2019 19:02
I have to admit, I bought a Sportwagon to add to my S2000 because of the great things I heard from the TOVers. It's been great for both surf and snow.

Anybody have a Sportwagon, S2000 and NSX in their collection?

JeffX
Profile for JeffX
Re: For Sale: 2012 Acura TSX Sportwagon Tech (SOLD!)    (Score: 1, Normal) 02-12-2019 19:26
madeinhoko wrote:
I have to admit, I bought a Sportwagon to add to my S2000 because of the great things I heard from the TOVers. It's been great for both surf and snow.

Anybody have a Sportwagon, S2000 and NSX in their collection?

dammit. the holy trinity. now you're gonna make me regret selling my TSX sportwagon before I get my NSX!!

gofast182
Profile for gofast182
Re: For Sale: 2012 Acura TSX Sportwagon Tech (SOLD!)    (Score: 1, Normal) 02-13-2019 08:39
JeffX wrote:
gofast182 wrote:

Had a flat in the TSX yesterday and took it in to the tire store to get it repaired. I used the factory tire inflator kit for the first time - it worked great. They said they couldn't repair the tire once it had the sealant in it, so they had to order a new tire. Today I went to have it installed and a guy emerged from somewhere and asked "Is that your sportwagon?" then he proceeded to reel off a number of facts that only an enthusiast would know. Then he told me he had a 2012 sportwagon and that he knows first hand that they're EXTREMELY safe in accidents, as his was demolished in an accident 1 week ago just down the street. He showed me the photos - it basically endured a pit maneuver (2 cars merging into the same central lane), spun, hit some stuff, and then was again hit by the same Toyota Tundra that started the spin. it looked like damn near every panel made contact with something.

The guy walked away and said all he endured was a minor bruise on his knee when it hit the center console tunnel.

When we were test driving my 2012 part of the salesman's pitch from the back seat was how safe the car is. He cited an example of a TSX that was hit from several sides in a local intersection. The car was totaled but the driver and passenger walked away with no injuries.

Thread Page - [1]
Go to:
Contact TOV | Submit Your Article | Submit Your Link | Advertise | TOV Shop | Events | Our Sponsors | TOV Archives
Copyright © 2018 Velocitech Inc. All information contained herein remains the property of Velocitech Inc.
The Temple of VTEC is not affiliated with American Honda Motor Co., Inc. TOV Policies and Guidelines - Credits - Privacy Policy
30 mobile: 0