[home][rumors and news][model release matrix][dealer network][desktop calendar][exhaust notes][tov forums][links][search][sponsors][garage][login]

Tire Rack Upgrade Garage
 Search for a Dealer:
 Canadian Flag US Flag
 Honda Acura
 ZIP  
Acura announces new "PMC Edition" models, to be "hand-crafted" at the PMC
More.......................
American Honda reports March 2019 sales
2020 Accords already appearing in dealer order system
Is Acura going to reveal a new Legend at Pebble Beach this year?
Honda reports February Sales
Honda revealing production RWD prototype of Urban EV Concept at the Geneva International Motorshow
BBC: Honda set to close Swindon factory in 2022
Nikkei: Honda enters agreement with CATL for battery supply contract through 2027
CR-V --> Re: CR-V MMC guesses
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Tesla is killing Panasonic!(breaking front page of all Japanese papers today)
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: I'M BACK IN THE HONDA GAME!!!!!
Join Discussion......
Spy Shots --> Re: On my way to work...
Join Discussion......
Civic --> Re: Considering Sport Touring HB: Any advice?
Join Discussion......
Type R --> Re: 2020 Phoenix Yellow CTR spotted.
Join Discussion......
Ridgeline - General Talk --> Re: Bye Bye
Join Discussion......
Fuel Cell Technology --> Re: Damn Germans... getting H2
Join Discussion......
Sales Experiences --> Re: Purchased Prices??
Join Discussion......
Repair and Maintenance --> Ebay Turbo Was All I Could Afford
Join Discussion......
The Tire Rack: Wheels and Tires Forum --> Re: The Temple of VTEC - Honda and Acura
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Four bucks for 87 octane
Join Discussion......
IMA/Hybrids --> Re: Batteries marketplace?
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Genesisís CRX concept
Join Discussion......
Accord --> Re: 2018 Accord 1.5T Sport CVT Impressions
Join Discussion......
2019 Honda Passport PR Photo Gallery
Read Article....................
2019 Acura NSX PR Photo Gallery
First Drive: 2019 Acura ILX
2019 Acura ILX PR Photo Gallery
First Drive: 2019 Honda Pilot
2019 Honda Pilot PR Photo Gallery

[fancy] [flat] [simple]
TOV Forums > General Talk > > Re: Sunny came home with a mission

Go to:

Viewing Threshold (What is this?)

Thread Page - 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15]
Author
  Post New Thread
Hondatalover
Profile for Hondatalover
Re: Sunny came home with a mission    (Score: 1, Normal) 03-14-2019 19:33
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
Coolant leaks? No more!
Performance issues? No more!
Tire rub? No more!

Have been monitoring coolant levels and the ground below the car when parked for leaks and after 60 miles and several heat cycles since the fix, none seem to be around anymore thankfully. No other fluid leaks around the engine either. FINALLY.

I do have a leaking rear caliper. That is because I reused the old banjo bolt washers way back when I did the 5 lug conversion. No big deal. Tomorrow morning Honda is going to flush and bleed the brake system and replace it with RBF600 and do a oil change with a supplied K&N filter and Mobil 1 syn 5w30 oil.

Today I had a performance shop install the 30mm strut spacers to raise the cars front ride height. The install went quickly without issue. The ride height is now almost level front to rear and it no longer feels like I'm about to hit the bump stop if I drove over rough surfaces. I believe the overal ride height is near or higher than factory spec which to me is ok. I don't have to worry about parking space barriers or bottoming out anywhere now. In fact I don't have any wheel rub even when pulling into a steep up hill entrance.

The front toe also reduced itself with the higher ride height. I forgot the change but I still have a little toe out in the front. just enough to aid in stability the shop says and not enough to really warrant an alignment. A lot of the steering wheel vibration is gone now too and overall steering feel and response is improved. I did to play with my adjustable shocks and will do so between sessions or laps. Currently they're on full soft and I feel like the front is still wanting push just a smidgen more than it should for the set up. I believe stiffer front and softer rear helps that feel.

The rears are the same story except I wanted them zeroed out but unfortunately the cam bolts are seized in the bushings so I either need to look into new rear toe arms or live with whatever degree I have. It's nothing crazy, there isn't any wear on the rear tires unlike how the fronts were. Maybe later I'll upgrade.

I also went ahead an installed a AR exhaust resonator AR25. It seems to have helped a little with the overall tone but for $38 shipped I can't complain about what I don't notice or what I didn't get.

As for the brake modulator and it's leaky relief valve, I'm going to run with it. It seems to not be leaking so bad anymore but that could be because that rear line is relieving some of the overall pressure. My sessions aren't very brake intensive sae for the back straight and I will be keeping a close eye on the system throughout the day.

superchg2
Profile for superchg2
Re: Sunny came home with a mission    (Score: 1, Normal) 03-15-2019 10:42
It looks like you are making progress!

Make sure that you don't run out of brake fluid during your sessions.

The interior reminds me of the Mercedes Convertible in The Hangover, after Mike Tyson's Tiger got done with it.

:)

Hondatalover
Profile for Hondatalover
Re: Sunny came home with a mission    (Score: 1, Normal) 03-15-2019 14:45
Honda found that the rear caliper bolt wasn't tight. No more leak!

Brake pedal feel is a lot better now. Can't beat or match the TSX's though. This one is still a kind of soft with a longer travel than I'd like but it's still pretty responsive and controllable near tire lock up. I also likely won't like the EBC pads as much as the Hawks.

Supposed to be a high of 60 tomorrow with a mostly cloudy sky. :)

Grace141
Profile for Grace141
Re: Sunny came home with a mission    (Score: 1, Normal) 03-16-2019 10:14
Getting back up to speed after being away a few days. All else being equal, you'd increase the rear stiffness to roll more weight onto the fronts to dial out understeer. You're probably in trial and error mode here though.

Also, your track day event is still ahead? Is a tech inspection involved? If someone asks about the fluid at the ABS unit, seep is the word. It's possible that leak may be causing the soft pedal.

superchg2
Profile for superchg2
Re: Sunny came home with a mission    (Score: 1, Normal) 03-16-2019 21:27
Grace141 wrote:
Getting back up to speed after being away a few days. All else being equal, you'd increase the rear stiffness to roll more weight onto the fronts to dial out understeer. You're probably in trial and error mode here though.

Also, your track day event is still ahead? Is a tech inspection involved? If someone asks about the fluid at the ABS unit, seep is the word. It's possible that leak may be causing the soft pedal.

The thing about leaks is that often they develop into a larger leak and when we are talking about brake fluid, this is not a good thing.

Hopefully it is a seep.

Thread Page - 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15]
Go to:
Contact TOV | Submit Your Article | Submit Your Link | Advertise | TOV Shop | Events | Our Sponsors | TOV Archives
Copyright © 2018 Velocitech Inc. All information contained herein remains the property of Velocitech Inc.
The Temple of VTEC is not affiliated with American Honda Motor Co., Inc. TOV Policies and Guidelines - Credits - Privacy Policy
30 mobile: 0