[home][rumors and news][model release matrix][dealer network][desktop calendar][exhaust notes][tov forums][links][search][sponsors][garage][login]

Tire Rack Upgrade Garage
 Search for a Dealer:
 Canadian Flag US Flag
 Honda Acura
 ZIP  
Acura announces new "PMC Edition" models, to be "hand-crafted" at the PMC
More.......................
American Honda reports March 2019 sales
2020 Accords already appearing in dealer order system
Is Acura going to reveal a new Legend at Pebble Beach this year?
Honda reports February Sales
Honda revealing production RWD prototype of Urban EV Concept at the Geneva International Motorshow
BBC: Honda set to close Swindon factory in 2022
Nikkei: Honda enters agreement with CATL for battery supply contract through 2027
CR-V --> Re: CR-V MMC guesses
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Tesla is killing Panasonic!(breaking front page of all Japanese papers today)
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: I'M BACK IN THE HONDA GAME!!!!!
Join Discussion......
Spy Shots --> Re: On my way to work...
Join Discussion......
Civic --> Re: Considering Sport Touring HB: Any advice?
Join Discussion......
Type R --> Re: 2020 Phoenix Yellow CTR spotted.
Join Discussion......
Ridgeline - General Talk --> Re: Bye Bye
Join Discussion......
Fuel Cell Technology --> Re: Damn Germans... getting H2
Join Discussion......
Sales Experiences --> Re: Purchased Prices??
Join Discussion......
Repair and Maintenance --> Ebay Turbo Was All I Could Afford
Join Discussion......
The Tire Rack: Wheels and Tires Forum --> Re: The Temple of VTEC - Honda and Acura
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Four bucks for 87 octane
Join Discussion......
IMA/Hybrids --> Re: Batteries marketplace?
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Genesisís CRX concept
Join Discussion......
Accord --> Re: 2018 Accord 1.5T Sport CVT Impressions
Join Discussion......
2019 Honda Passport PR Photo Gallery
Read Article....................
2019 Acura NSX PR Photo Gallery
First Drive: 2019 Acura ILX
2019 Acura ILX PR Photo Gallery
First Drive: 2019 Honda Pilot
2019 Honda Pilot PR Photo Gallery

[fancy] [flat] [simple]
TOV Forums > TLX > > Re: Next gen TLX spied...

Go to:

Viewing Threshold (What is this?)

Thread Page - 1 [2] 3
Author
  Post New Thread
99SI
Profile for 99SI
Re: Next gen TLX spied...    (Score: 1, Normal) 03-08-2019 08:29
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
What I would like to see is that since SUVs / CUVs are now the mainstream vehicles that the sedans and coupes be designed to appeal more to the enthusiast with less compromise. But i am still not totally bought into the sedan being dead. I think the cream of the crop will still rise in that regard. I don't see your accords, camry's, civics or corollas going anywhere.
gofast182
Profile for gofast182
Re: Next gen TLX spied...    (Score: 1, Normal) 03-08-2019 09:12
Vxtec wrote:
Vxtec wrote:
TonyEX wrote:

My ladies, please come closer
My name is Random TeX
I have the great honor and pleasure
To present to you RoLeX, the son of TeeSeX
The Acura for the next millennium

I take you to task on addressing the posters of this thread, for which you quoted, as just 'my ladies' - I will be restrained and just say that's plainly derogative and out of line, although a lot more could be said about it and your attitude.

and do not just dismiss it as your sense of humour... and lack thereof of others.

You need to stop with this 'taking people to task' bullshit as if you hold some moral or intellectual high ground. You can disagree or question someone without declaring that you 'take them to task' which can be seen as pompous and incendiary.

Some further enlightenment: Tony was quoting lyrics to a song to which he drew an analogy with the Acura lineup.
https://genius.com/Yello-blender-lyrics

So yes, you need to check your sense of humor and start thinking before you post or we're going to get tired of it quickly.

Chris_6MT
Profile for Chris_6MT
Re: Next gen TLX spied...    (Score: 1, Normal) 03-08-2019 09:36
Vxtec wrote:
TonyEX wrote:

My name is Random TeX

I take you to task on addressing the posters of this thread, for which you quoted, as just 'my ladies' - I will be restrained and just say that's plainly derogative and out of line, although a lot more could be said about it and your attitude.

It must be really hard for you to get through the day...

Nick GravesX
Profile for Nick GravesX
Re: Next gen TLX spied...    (Score: 1, Normal) 03-08-2019 13:37
I smirked at Tony's post, but now I'm PMSL.

Oh dear...

sadlerau
Profile for sadlerau
Re: Next gen TLX spied...    (Score: 1, Normal) 03-08-2019 18:46
Nick GravesX wrote:

Oh dear...

:)

Fitdad
Profile for Fitdad
Re: Next gen TLX spied...    (Score: 1, Normal) 03-09-2019 15:16
99SI wrote:
What I would like to see is that since SUVs / CUVs are now the mainstream vehicles that the sedans and coupes be designed to appeal more to the enthusiast with less compromise. But i am still not totally bought into the sedan being dead. I think the cream of the crop will still rise in that regard. I don't see your accords, camry's, civics or corollas going anywhere.

The TLX will continue to be important for Acura and be a solid volume driver for them. However I think that means that the main volume driver - the 2.0t model - has to strike a balance and not be too "hardcore". The new RDX seems to do a decent job of being sporty without being too hard or overt.

I think the Type-S models will show Acura's more hardcore side.

However - from a sedan/coupe standpoint - the next generation of the ILX should be completely enthusiast focused. With the TLX-S likely to be pushing $50K they'll want something a bit more accessible. I'll keep banging the Integra 3-door hatch drum here too for the same reason -the Integra nameplate is about 1 million times more aspirational than the ILX nameplate and sparks a bit more enthusiast joy.

I'd like to see the Integra nameplate come back and be the debut vehicle for the rumored Type-R hybrid powertrain. 48V 2.0t Integra Type-S?

LudeLeRoy
Profile for LudeLeRoy
Re: Next gen TLX spied...    (Score: 1, Normal) 03-09-2019 23:06
Fitdad wrote:
99SI wrote:

The TLX will continue to be important for Acura and be a solid volume driver for them. However I think that means that the main volume driver - the 2.0t model - has to strike a balance and not be too "hardcore". The new RDX seems to do a decent job of being sporty without being too hard or overt.

However - from a sedan/coupe standpoint - the next generation of the ILX should be completely enthusiast focused. With the TLX-S likely to be pushing $50K they'll want something a bit more accessible. I'll keep banging the Integra 3-door hatch drum here too for the same reason -the Integra nameplate is about 1 million times more aspirational than the ILX nameplate and sparks a bit more enthusiast joy.

I'd like to see the Integra nameplate come back and be the debut vehicle for the rumored Type-R hybrid powertrain. 48V 2.0t Integra Type-S?

Yes please! I'll take something 1st gen TSX-sized plus/minus a few inches w/CTR chassis as a staring point - add a little refinement and SHAWD. Acuras version of the RS3 please!

CarmB
Profile for CarmB
Re: Next gen TLX spied...    (Score: 1, Normal) 03-10-2019 11:37
Fitdad wrote:
99SI wrote:

Do a second-generation ILX based on the upcoming TLX. Then you conjure up a hatch variant focused more on performance and that model should be called the Integra. In addition replace the unfortunate RLX with a flagship that resurrects the Legend nameplate.

I just canít see a downside to having Integras and Legends reappearing in Acura showrooms. At the very least it would draw attention from the automotive press and free publicity never hurts. Of course both models would have to be worthy of that attention for Acura to get maximum gain.

JSaint
Profile for JSaint
Re: Next gen TLX spied...    (Score: 1, Normal) 03-16-2019 11:47
Fitdad wrote:
Well in another thread someone posted that the 2020 TLX is the same as the 2019 just with new colors.

So if this is the actual next-gen car (and I could be wrong about that but idk why they move the mirrors...) who knows when it will debut. Seems likely it wonít go on sale until MY2021.

And a concept/prototype debut at New York seems early if the on sale date is January 2020.

AZ TLX forum just posted accessory installation instructions for the 2020 TLX. Part numbers look to be the same as the 2019 models and car looks the same in the illustrations.

Looks like no 2G TLX for 2020MY.

tennis32828
Profile for tennis32828
Re: Next gen TLX spied...    (Score: 1, Normal) 03-16-2019 19:06
I guess that makes sense. Acura/honda appears to follow that formula of releasing their models every cycle switching between on a compact and longer design. The original TL was compact, followed by the longer 1999 design, then the popular 3rd generation compact, etc.

Same with the rdx, accord, CRV, etc. if you look at them. I like the compact design cycle better.

Chris_6MT
Profile for Chris_6MT
Re: Next gen TLX spied...    (Score: 1, Normal) 03-16-2019 19:40
JSaint wrote:
Fitdad wrote:
Well in another thread someone posted that the 2020 TLX is the same as the 2019 just with new colors.

So if this is the actual next-gen car (and I could be wrong about that but idk why they move the mirrors...) who knows when it will debut. Seems likely it wonít go on sale until MY2021.

And a concept/prototype debut at New York seems early if the on sale date is January 2020.

AZ TLX forum just posted accessory installation instructions for the 2020 TLX. Part numbers look to be the same as the 2019 models and car looks the same in the illustrations.

2021 makes sense. Especially since the TT V6 has been delayed yet again. It was supposed to be in production by now......

Midi_Amp
Profile for Midi_Amp
Re: Next gen TLX spied...    (Score: 1, Normal) 03-16-2019 23:13
Chris_6MT wrote:
JSaint wrote:
Fitdad wrote:

2021 makes sense. Especially since the TT V6 has been delayed yet again. It was supposed to be in production by now......

2020 is still next year, a reasonable time frame. I'd rather the engineers took their sweet sweet time to iron out the bugs or even come up with something grander for the TLX.

Honda brass should've been aware that Acura today is a shadow of the brand's 90s glory era. 2010 should've been the turning point, with the V10 NSX and the V8 RWD sedans, yet 2008 happened and they backed down and entered the horrific beak era.

Today's Acura finally got its design language inline for better or worse (the DPG works for me), now they only need the performance department to clear up.

JSaint
Profile for JSaint
Re: Next gen TLX spied...    (Score: 1, Normal) 03-16-2019 23:16
All but the Type S are rumored to be 2.0T so not sure why that would impact a new TLX launch unless they are having issues on other parts. The infotainment software on the RDX is a mess so maybe there's something there especially if the TLX gets a more advanced version of the virtual cockpit with a LCD gauge cluster, etc.

NY Auto Show is 5 weeks away. What does Acura show? A new MDX? Prototypes for next year?

Pauly123
Profile for Pauly123
Re: Next gen TLX spied...    (Score: 1, Normal) 03-28-2019 09:22
Anybody have any speculation as to whether or not we'll see the new TLX at the NY Auto show ?
Fitdad
Profile for Fitdad
Re: Next gen TLX spied...    (Score: 1, Normal) 03-28-2019 09:55
Acura does have a press slot at the show - Iím guessing theyíll have some sort of announcement next week telling us what they have.

Power Of Dreams
Profile for Power Of Dreams
Re: Next gen TLX spied...    (Score: 1, Normal) 03-28-2019 11:51
I have the feeling the TLX is ready, but if Acura is going to release the Legend for next year, they won't release the TLX at the same time. It would be wise of them to have the Legend come out first and let the TLX bask in its glow (assuming it's as good as they promise, and if it isn't, then we can start an Acura death watch thread)
Power Of Dreams
Profile for Power Of Dreams
Re: Next gen TLX spied...    (Score: 1, Normal) 03-28-2019 12:03
Vxtec wrote:
TonyEX wrote:

My name is Random TeX

I'm 100% with you. This severely triggers me as a third-wave quinoa free, organic, gender fluid and transmission fluid individual who has suffered from years and years of intrinsic systemic oppression that has been put forward by the patriarchy. The worst thing is that Tony has ignored the other 62 genders out there. What would a Androgine Female-Attracted Androdite do if they came to ToV? Oh, the horror!

superchg2
Profile for superchg2
Re: Next gen TLX spied...    (Score: 1, Normal) 03-28-2019 13:16
Vxtec wrote:
TonyEX wrote:

My name is Random TeX

It's pretty rough out there on the Mean Streets of TOV!

:)

wooderson79
Profile for wooderson79
Re: Next gen TLX spied...    (Score: 1, Normal) 03-28-2019 14:18
I'm just surprised anyone actually reads Tony's posts.....
NealX
Profile for NealX
Re: Next gen TLX spied...    (Score: 1, Normal) 03-28-2019 14:24
wooderson79 wrote:

The trick is turning your head a bit to the left...

superchg2
Profile for superchg2
Re: Next gen TLX spied...    (Score: 1, Normal) 03-28-2019 15:48
NealX wrote:
wooderson79 wrote:

...and take a non-sequitur for what ails you!

RolledaNsx
Profile for RolledaNsx
Re: Next gen TLX spied...    (Score: 1, Normal) 03-28-2019 16:17
superchg2 wrote:
NealX wrote:
wooderson79 wrote:

I do not understand him sometimes but I think a lot of stuff he writes arr just song lyrics

TonyEX
Profile for TonyEX
Re: Next gen TLX spied...    (Score: 1, Normal) 03-28-2019 18:46
Vxtec wrote:
TonyEX wrote:

My name is Random TeX

Jesus H. Christ, the world is full of Snowflakes now? You can't even post some modified lyrics without someone with NO CONTEXT getting their panties all up in a wad?

Seriously?

You READ TOO MUCH IN THE POST.

That song is an example of the finest Euro Techno around. The sound in the record is simply awesome. IT'S A FUNNY ALBUM too.

The band is called Yellow, the song is called Blender.

The part of the "ladies"is just the song.

Jeez....

TonyEX
Profile for TonyEX
Re: Next gen TLX spied...    (Score: 1, Normal) 03-28-2019 18:48
Vxtec wrote:
Vxtec wrote:
TonyEX wrote:

My name is Random TeX

and do not just dismiss it as your sense of humour... and lack thereof of others.

Sorry man, BUT YOU are out of context and completely devoid of humor.

See my other reply.

Get real.

TonyEX
Profile for TonyEX
Re: Next gen TLX spied...    (Score: 1, Normal) 03-28-2019 18:58
Nick GravesX wrote:

Oh dear...

Whatever gets you through the night
It's all right, it's all right
It's your money and your Acura
Don't need a fancy car to cut through corners
Oh no, oh no
Whatever gets you through your life
Do it left, or do it right
Don't need a RoleX to waste your bucks
Oh no, oh no
Hold me, darlin', come on, listen to me
I won't do you no harm
Trust me, darlin', come on, listen to me
Come on, ride with me; come on, listen, listen
Whatever TLXs you to the light
Out of the Legend, or out of sight
Don't need a Integra to blow you mind
Oh no, oh no
Hold me, darlin', come on, listen to me
I won't do you no harm
Trust me, darlin', come on, listen to me
Come on, drive with, come on, listen, listen

The funny thing is that PMS is not a good thing in the US. Is PMS like a long period of PMS? Hmm... ( God, could I make comments about the EU and Seat 600s on this one...).

An example of PMS?

https://vtec.net/forums/one-message?message_id=1378892

TonyEX
Profile for TonyEX
Re: Next gen TLX spied...    (Score: 1, Normal) 03-28-2019 19:01
NealX wrote:
wooderson79 wrote:

OH, OH, OH.... you just know that would trigger my safe space, you big brute! ;-D

Now I have to go huddle in my Prius.

TonyEX
Profile for TonyEX
Re: Next gen TLX spied...    (Score: 1, Normal) 03-28-2019 19:07
RolledaNsx wrote:
superchg2 wrote:
NealX wrote:
wooderson79 wrote:

I do not understand him sometimes but I think a lot of stuff he writes arr just song lyrics

I think I'm gonna change my user name as RolledaScirocco. I mean, I've broken my arms and a few cars, so might as well. Wear those crashes on my now mended sleeves.

Song lyrics? Nope, sometimes it seems, there's nothing there at all, your car is just older than yesterday, and you're waiting for the new one to call.

;-)

See you in Long Beach?

sadlerau
Profile for sadlerau
Re: Next gen TLX spied...    (Score: 1, Normal) 03-28-2019 19:31
While I've always appreciated your musical tastes are far more eclectic than mine will ever be Tony, I really appreciate you having introduced me to Yello in this thread.

Collecting some of their music forthwith! :D

Oh and the left isn't all bad...........balance is where it's at.

NealX
Profile for NealX
Re: Next gen TLX spied...    (Score: 1, Normal) 03-28-2019 19:34
TonyEX wrote:
NealX wrote:
wooderson79 wrote:

OH, OH, OH.... you just know that would trigger my safe space, you big brute! ;-D

Now I have to go huddle in my Prius.

No. I reflexively turn to the left to protect my right side.

Try throwing a tomato at someone and see what happens.

;-D

Pauly123
Profile for Pauly123
Re: Next gen TLX spied...    (Score: 1, Normal) 03-28-2019 21:38
Uhhh....back to the TLX at the NY Autoshow? :) Hopefully we'll see something!

Thread Page - 1 [2] 3
Go to:
Contact TOV | Submit Your Article | Submit Your Link | Advertise | TOV Shop | Events | Our Sponsors | TOV Archives
Copyright © 2018 Velocitech Inc. All information contained herein remains the property of Velocitech Inc.
The Temple of VTEC is not affiliated with American Honda Motor Co., Inc. TOV Policies and Guidelines - Credits - Privacy Policy
29 mobile: 0