[home][rumors and news][model release matrix][dealer network][desktop calendar][exhaust notes][tov forums][links][search][sponsors][garage][login]

Tire Rack Upgrade Garage
 Search for a Dealer:
 Canadian Flag US Flag
 Honda Acura
 ZIP  
Acura announces new "PMC Edition" models, to be "hand-crafted" at the PMC
More.......................
American Honda reports March 2019 sales
2020 Accords already appearing in dealer order system
Is Acura going to reveal a new Legend at Pebble Beach this year?
Honda reports February Sales
Honda revealing production RWD prototype of Urban EV Concept at the Geneva International Motorshow
BBC: Honda set to close Swindon factory in 2022
Nikkei: Honda enters agreement with CATL for battery supply contract through 2027
CR-V --> Re: CR-V MMC guesses
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Tesla is killing Panasonic!(breaking front page of all Japanese papers today)
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: I'M BACK IN THE HONDA GAME!!!!!
Join Discussion......
Spy Shots --> Re: On my way to work...
Join Discussion......
Civic --> Re: Considering Sport Touring HB: Any advice?
Join Discussion......
Type R --> Re: 2020 Phoenix Yellow CTR spotted.
Join Discussion......
Ridgeline - General Talk --> Re: Bye Bye
Join Discussion......
Fuel Cell Technology --> Re: Damn Germans... getting H2
Join Discussion......
Sales Experiences --> Re: Purchased Prices??
Join Discussion......
Repair and Maintenance --> Ebay Turbo Was All I Could Afford
Join Discussion......
The Tire Rack: Wheels and Tires Forum --> Re: The Temple of VTEC - Honda and Acura
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Four bucks for 87 octane
Join Discussion......
IMA/Hybrids --> Re: Batteries marketplace?
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Genesis’s CRX concept
Join Discussion......
Accord --> Re: 2018 Accord 1.5T Sport CVT Impressions
Join Discussion......
2019 Honda Passport PR Photo Gallery
Read Article....................
2019 Acura NSX PR Photo Gallery
First Drive: 2019 Acura ILX
2019 Acura ILX PR Photo Gallery
First Drive: 2019 Honda Pilot
2019 Honda Pilot PR Photo Gallery

[fancy] [flat] [simple]
TOV Forums > Passport > > Re: Built an Elite.

Go to:

Viewing Threshold (What is this?)

Thread Page - [1]
Author
  Post New Thread
TonyEX
Profile for TonyEX
Built an Elite.    (Score: 1, Normal) 03-15-2019 17:24
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
You can't get the tan leather interior? No matter the trim nor the external color?

I just "built" one for $47K. Elite, with Adventure Package B, All season mats, cargo cover/net/tray/Panel Protectors and Interior Illumination.

$47,281 with destination and handling.

Sort of expensive, huh? I think it works out a little more than the Ridgeline.

CanTeX
Profile for CanTeX
Re: Built an Elite.    (Score: 1, Normal) 03-16-2019 08:23
At that price we’d have to be looking more intensely at another RDX. And you’re getting into Volvo XC40 and XC60 territory. (Nice cars, but almost inaccessible dealerships in our area.)
RMTRADER
Profile for RMTRADER
Re: Built an Elite.    (Score: 1, Normal) 03-16-2019 10:24
CanTeX wrote:
At that price we’d have to be looking more intensely at another RDX. And you’re getting into Volvo XC40 and XC60 territory. (Nice cars, but almost inaccessible dealerships in our area.)

The XC 40 is smaller than a CR-V and the XC60 is a massive driving disappointment. We looked at both of these before buying an RDX.

CanTeX
Profile for CanTeX
Re: Built an Elite.    (Score: 1, Normal) 03-16-2019 13:54
RMTRADER wrote:
CanTeX wrote:

The XC 40 is smaller than a CR-V and the XC60 is a massive driving disappointment. We looked at both of these before buying an RDX.

It’s funny how for some folks it’s hard to stray too far from an RDX, though there are some on here who made the big leap to BMW and Audi, neither of which appeal to us. That XC40 sure looks cool, though. This is the Passport forum, but the more I read about it, the less appealing it is.

owequitit
Profile for owequitit
Re: Built an Elite.    (Score: 1, Normal) 03-16-2019 15:07
Jeff wasn't kidding when he said it was WIDE! The thing is nearly 80" wide, which is a good almost 6" wider than an Accord, which I think is wide!
Fishbulb
Profile for Fishbulb
Re: Built an Elite.    (Score: 1, Normal) 03-16-2019 15:10
Yeah, I like it, but I'm not in love with it at the price they're asking for the upper trims.

I was going to get the pliers to open the wallet this week and order one, but I think I wait until fall and see if there might be some cash on the hood later in the year.

JimmyEats
Profile for JimmyEats
Re: Built an Elite.    (Score: 1, Normal) 03-16-2019 17:25
Isn't the RDX SH-AWD the best lease option and best for your Seattle commutes? Price, availability, and SH-AWD should all be sufficient.
RMTRADER
Profile for RMTRADER
Re: Built an Elite.    (Score: 1, Normal) 03-16-2019 18:23
owequitit wrote:
Jeff wasn't kidding when he said it was WIDE! The thing is nearly 80" wide, which is a good almost 6" wider than an Accord, which I think is wide!

The same as the previous generation Pilot.

owequitit
Profile for owequitit
Re: Built an Elite.    (Score: 1, Normal) 03-17-2019 02:30
RMTRADER wrote:
owequitit wrote:

Same as current gen Pilot and current Ridgeline too. But that is still WIDE. Likely, the slightly higher height contributes to the perception of it too.

TonyEX
Profile for TonyEX
Re: Built an Elite.    (Score: 1, Normal) 03-18-2019 21:29
JimmyEats wrote:
Isn't the RDX SH-AWD the best lease option and best for your Seattle commutes? Price, availability, and SH-AWD should all be sufficient.

The Hondas have their own version of SH-AWD already.

We've had three RDX Techs in a row, sure it was the previous, but... and it's kind of small in the inside. And I'm not crazy on the dash design.

So, the Passport is nice but it feels like a Ridgeline, except that the back seats are more comfortable than the truck's (they recline)... but... it looks just like the truck from the driver's seat. Not exactly getting a "new" thing.

So, for a little bit more we would be looking at the MDX Sport Hybrid which is beginning to ring a lot of bells. Much nicer, optional 3rd row for midgets, more covered cargo space, ELS, etc, etc... Being an Acura means AHM is happy to move them.

I suppose it will all come down to whether we get a CTR or not. In that case, with so many cars, price will be important, so a Ridgeline BE Mk II will be in order, otherwise MDX Sport Hybrid.

And the later has an almost 500 mile per tank range, that will be very handy for the long trips.

Grace141
Profile for Grace141
Re: Built an Elite.    (Score: 1, Normal) 03-18-2019 23:29
owequitit wrote:
RMTRADER wrote:
owequitit wrote:

Same as current gen Pilot and current Ridgeline too. But that is still WIDE. Likely, the slightly higher height contributes to the perception of it too.

My garage has 9'-0" doors and the MDX rolls through with maybe 4" clear to spare between the mirrors and door jambs. The size of the car sneaks up on you as you realize the 19" wheels look a little small on it. It's no Suburban but it's more than big enough.

TonyEX
Profile for TonyEX
Re: Built an Elite.    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-08-2019 22:28
owequitit wrote:
RMTRADER wrote:
owequitit wrote:

Yeah, it is wide (Ridgeline) but you get used to it. The old Crosstour actually felt wider because the way the body panels extended outwards from the windows... whereas in the Ridgeline it's more of a vertical slab side from the windows down (just like the Odyssey). So you can tell where the sides of the car end from the inside.

The rear camera is the one thing you MUST have in something this size.

Heck, I've gotten used to the rear back up camera in all of my cars by now. It has saved the lives of many morons at the Costco parking lot... you know the type.. you're backing up and yet they INSIST on walking right across your tailgate.

Thread Page - [1]
Go to:
Contact TOV | Submit Your Article | Submit Your Link | Advertise | TOV Shop | Events | Our Sponsors | TOV Archives
Copyright © 2018 Velocitech Inc. All information contained herein remains the property of Velocitech Inc.
The Temple of VTEC is not affiliated with American Honda Motor Co., Inc. TOV Policies and Guidelines - Credits - Privacy Policy
29 mobile: 0