[home][rumors and news][model release matrix][dealer network][desktop calendar][exhaust notes][tov forums][links][search][sponsors][garage][login]

Tire Rack Upgrade Garage
 Search for a Dealer:
 Canadian Flag US Flag
 Honda Acura
 ZIP  
Acura announces new "PMC Edition" models, to be "hand-crafted" at the PMC
More.......................
American Honda reports March 2019 sales
More.......................
2020 Accords already appearing in dealer order system
More.......................
Is Acura going to reveal a new Legend at Pebble Beach this year?
More.......................
Honda reports February Sales
More.......................
Honda revealing production RWD prototype of Urban EV Concept at the Geneva International Motorshow
More.......................
BBC: Honda set to close Swindon factory in 2022
More.......................
Nikkei: Honda enters agreement with CATL for battery supply contract through 2027
More.......................
CR-V --> Re: CR-V MMC guesses
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Tesla is killing Panasonic!(breaking front page of all Japanese papers today)
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: I'M BACK IN THE HONDA GAME!!!!!
Join Discussion......
Spy Shots --> Re: On my way to work...
Join Discussion......
Civic --> Re: Considering Sport Touring HB: Any advice?
Join Discussion......
Type R --> Re: 2020 Phoenix Yellow CTR spotted.
Join Discussion......
Ridgeline - General Talk --> Re: Bye Bye
Join Discussion......
Fuel Cell Technology --> Re: Damn Germans... getting H2
Join Discussion......
Sales Experiences --> Re: Purchased Prices??
Join Discussion......
Repair and Maintenance --> Ebay Turbo Was All I Could Afford
Join Discussion......
The Tire Rack: Wheels and Tires Forum --> Re: The Temple of VTEC - Honda and Acura
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Four bucks for 87 octane
Join Discussion......
IMA/Hybrids --> Re: Batteries marketplace?
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Genesisís CRX concept
Join Discussion......
Accord --> Re: 2018 Accord 1.5T Sport CVT Impressions
Join Discussion......
2019 Honda Passport PR Photo Gallery
Read Article....................
2019 Acura NSX PR Photo Gallery
Read Article....................
First Drive: 2019 Acura ILX
Read Article....................
2019 Acura ILX PR Photo Gallery
Read Article....................
First Drive: 2019 Honda Pilot
Read Article....................
2019 Honda Pilot PR Photo Gallery
Read Article....................

[fancy] [flat] [simple]
TOV Forums > Service Experiences > > Re: BEWARE OF HILLSIDE HONDA in NYC

Go to:

Viewing Threshold (What is this?)

Thread Page - [1]
Author
  Post New Thread
CarFreakS20001
Profile for CarFreakS20001
BEWARE OF HILLSIDE HONDA in NYC    (Score: 1, Normal) 07-31-2009 19:11
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
This is by far the worst dealership in NYC, i've tried all of them: Millenium, Paragon, P.S., but this is the worst.

Last week I took my Honda CR-V in for its 7500 mile service and I took two dual horns from a 2006 Honda Odyssey to see if they could be installed on the CR-V. The technicians said that they could install it and charged me $196.00 for this. So I left my car there all day and picked it up at the end of the day. When I got home I noticed that the bumper was not on the car properly.

I took the car back in to service on my day off. When I arrived and explained the issue service advisor VINNIE KHAN told me that I had probably crashed and thatís why my bumper was half off. Finally one of the technicians said they would make sure it was installed properly. Half way through the day I get a call from the technician telling me that the horns were pushing the bumper out and that either they left them pushing the bumper out or they would have to put the original ones back on and charge me for taking the bumper back off.

When I went to pick up my car the technicians said they could not refund my $196.00 because they didnít know the horns were from another car. However, that is false because I told them and gave them a paper where it said the horns were bought from Bernardi Honda online and were 2006 Honda Odyssey horns. The technicians even told me they could install those horns and they charged me for it.

Problem: They never told me that the horns DIDNíT fit the CR-V till I came back with the car. If I hadnít noticed the bumper they wouldnít have told me that the horns hadnít been installed properly. How can a Honda dealership service department do this? Charge a customer, install something improperly and fail to tell him, charge me for a mistake they made and for a change they failed to do. (Install different horns)

Vinnie Khan was rude, arrogant, and used foul language. Totally unacceptable. I have owned 11 Hondas since 1982. Unfortunately this experience has left me wanting to leave the brand,

siegen
Profile for siegen
Re: BEWARE OF HILLSIDE HONDA in NYC    (Score: 1, Normal) 07-31-2009 20:08
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
That sounds like extremely poor customer service. It is sad that slimy people like that are representing Honda.
sevic69
Profile for sevic69
Re: BEWARE OF HILLSIDE HONDA in NYC    (Score: 1, Normal) 09-29-2009 17:39
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
very poor service but please dont leave the brand and if you do please buy another japanese car ,,,, dont buy american or european,,,,please
CivicB18
Profile for CivicB18
Re: BEWARE OF HILLSIDE HONDA in NYC    (Score: 1, Normal) 09-29-2009 19:03
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
Sorry for the bad customer service but you cant blame Honda for this bad experience. Leaving the brand has nothing to do with it.


~Patrick

Powered by Honda
Profile for Powered by Honda
Re: BEWARE OF HILLSIDE HONDA in NYC    (Score: 1, Normal) 09-29-2009 19:24
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
Spread the word to all your Honda owning friends.

Never give them a dime and in any car conversation bring up how they screwed you for the rest of your life.

There has to be another dealer in Nyc that is good.

hondamattphx
Profile for hondamattphx
Re: BEWARE OF HILLSIDE HONDA in NYC    (Score: 1, Normal) 09-29-2009 19:49
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
Why would you order 2006 Odyssey horns for your CR-V?
FMKorg
Profile for FMKorg
Re: BEWARE OF HILLSIDE HONDA in NYC    (Score: 1, Normal) 09-30-2009 01:51
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
I've been to Hillside Honda's service dept to buy a part but this was many yrs ago. Even back then they were rude and unprofessional and I've told everyone I know not to go to that dealership.

As far as your case CarFreakS2000 they should have called you the first time when they realized the bumper wouldn't fit. Slapping it back on knowing it wasn't installed correctly and not saying a word to you about it is unacceptable. Unfortunately, I know they're gonna charge you labor no matter what because you brought the part to them so they can always play dumb and deny that they said it would fit. The reality is they should have given you your car back w/o charging you anything.

Like others have said you can't blame the brand for this but you should certainly complain to Honda. By the way, that whole area of Queens is full of shysty rude mechanics.

I have one question though and that is, did you know whether or not the horns would fit before you bought them?

AcuraMike
Profile for AcuraMike
Re: BEWARE OF HILLSIDE HONDA in NYC    (Score: 1, Normal) 09-30-2009 08:18
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
I've had similar experience with my local dealer as well. If the dealership won't accept their mistake, call American Honda Customer Service. Not only were the people there very pleasant and helpful, but they made the dealer refund me the money they tried to gouge me. And as an added bonus, the service dept manager at the dealership was livid that I had taken the matter above her. Can't take my car back there again, but justice was served in my mind :-)
Orangie
Profile for Orangie
Re: BEWARE OF HILLSIDE HONDA in NYC    (Score: 1, Normal) 02-04-2010 12:45
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
CARFREAKS2000 -- Did you ever get your situ solved? Did you ever get any "peace" from your situ? Did you call Honda Serivce Dept. Direct? I'm sure you can get satisfaction. Please let me know. Please. Inquiring minds want to -- no, have to know ~~
ws358
Profile for ws358
Re: BEWARE OF HILLSIDE HONDA in NYC    (Score: 1, Normal) 02-04-2010 13:27
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
Hillside Honda Sales Dept was one of the worst Ive ever been to, and Ive been to quite a few in both the NYC area and other cities/states.

The problems ranged from not being helped, to being rudely pressured, to being told I was lying, to claiming they didnt write numbers/prices on the paperwork they gave me. It was pretty ridiculous, and I reported them to the BBB just because they were THAT awful.

I wound up buying from Paragon Honda, who was pretty good as far as sales go, although not in the realm of Lexus/etc. Their followup and service departments were great, in addition.

I used to use PS Honda for service, and they were always honest and decent as well. Never dealt with their sales, though.

The worst experience ever was dealing with Herb Chambers Honda in Boston - I bought a CPO Accord from them and they claimed it was fully CPO'ed - when I went through their own checklist I found - Im not kidding - 41 things that hadnt been done.

It has also been in an accident, which I found out later from a dealership in CA when I tried to trade it in. I supposed I could have begun a lawsuit since they arent supposed to sell CPO cars with structural damage, but I managed to sell it to a private party so I let Herb Chambers off the hook.

CarFreakS2000
Profile for CarFreakS2000
Re: BEWARE OF HILLSIDE HONDA in NYC    (Score: 1, Normal) 02-04-2010 18:01
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
FMKorg wrote:
I've been to Hillside Honda's service dept to buy a part but this was many yrs ago. Even back then they were rude and unprofessional and I've told everyone I know not to go to that dealership.

As far as your case CarFreakS2000 they should have called you the first time when they realized the bumper wouldn't fit. Slapping it back on knowing it wasn't installed correctly and not saying a word to you about it is unacceptable. Unfortunately, I know they're gonna charge you labor no matter what because you brought the part to them so they can always play dumb and deny that they said it would fit. The reality is they should have given you your car back w/o charging you anything.

Like others have said you can't blame the brand for this but you should certainly complain to Honda. By the way, that whole area of Queens is full of shysty rude mechanics.

I have one question though and that is, did you know whether or not the horns would fit before you bought them?



Unfortunately the issue did not get resolved. After being a loyal Honda owner for more than 15 years, I will give Hyundai a chance to earn my business. American Honda said that they couldn't do anything about a dealership and told me to deal directly with the manager. Unfortunetly the manager only promised "service discounts" etc. which I find worthless since I don't trust their service department anymore ---I saw one of their employees spin the rear tires of an S2000 that was in for service while laughing with other employees and blasting out music.

Do yourself a favor and avoid this dealership at all costs.



HondaEh!
Profile for HondaEh!
Re: BEWARE OF HILLSIDE HONDA in NYC    (Score: 1, Normal) 02-04-2010 22:27
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
I personally do not have bad experience with Canadian dealership(s) but I lost faith into Honda products, cars especially. Not to go into details, after 14 years of Honda ownership (Civic, Accord) I am considering either Sonata 2011 (most likely 2013-4 model) or Subaru Legend. Unfortunately both are assembled in USofAss but hopefully quality control is better than Hondas... I have a feeling whatever Americans touch they destroy.
Bollocks
Profile for Bollocks
Re: BEWARE OF HILLSIDE HONDA in NYC    (Score: 1, Normal) 02-04-2010 22:47
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
HondaEh! wrote:
Unfortunately both are assembled in USofAss but hopefully quality control is better than Hondas... I have a feeling whatever Americans touch they destroy.


What's the basis for your bigotry against Americans? Do you really think the quality of a Canadian or Japanese-made Honda is any better? I'm Canadian, and your ignorance embarrasses me.

Japanese Fit (1G), CRV and Civic Hybrid models all have paint/assembly issues that cause premature body corrosion, yet none of their American-made counterparts have this problem. That's just one example.








Orangie
Profile for Orangie
TRUST AT YOUR DEALERSHIPS    (Score: 1, Normal) 02-05-2010 10:36
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
CARFREAKs2000. I'm really sorry to hear that. That is sad that there are people in this world who do NOT make things right. Sad. Really disappointing.

I give people the benefit of the doubt and I have definitely learned NOT to be incredibly judgmental and be more open-minded in all areas of my life--- you know.

I test drove the Hyundai Sonata also. I like the visual appeal of that car, but it was too "old lady" feel for me... too big.

It is a nice-looking car though.

I guess the only thing to do, really, is put out to others in this life, what we would like to have back. You know-- honesty. dignity. TRUSTWORTHINESS.

My parents owned their own business for 30 years. my dad was not a liar. nor my mom. The EARNED TRUST from customers and we, us kids, we all worked in our business.

TRUST IS SO INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT IN THIS LIFE.

If Dealerships would WAKE UP and trust themselves to BE HONEST, and NOT be so afraid of ADMITTING MISTAKES--- we are BETTER OFF.

RIGHT????????????????????????

Orangie
Profile for Orangie
Re: TRUST AT YOUR DEALERSHIPS    (Score: 1, Normal) 02-05-2010 10:44
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
good to know you're still out there, Car Freak, S2000.

Have a great day.

Bollocks
Profile for Bollocks
Re: TRUST AT YOUR DEALERSHIPS    (Score: 1, Normal) 02-07-2010 00:35
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
I'm gonna have to step in on behalf of the dealer here to calm down at least SOME of the rhetoric. The dealer wasn't perfect, not by a long shot. But let's face facts: The client brought the unknown into the equation by wanting Odyssey horns for his CRV. Though the technician may have been confident that the installation would go smoothly (they are cocky bastards sometimes), there's a common sense factor that must be accepted by a consumer when they are introducing a non-original part: Sometimes shit doesn't work out like you thought it would.

A strong technician would have noticed that the bumper was going to be an issue before the car left the dealership. So that second visit was certainly inconvenient and that should be acknowledged by the dealer. Aside from that, the OP should accept the fact that the part he supplied didn't fit, through no fault of the dealership or its staff. Therefore, he should say goodbye to his $200.

Orangie wrote:
CARFREAKs2000. I'm really sorry to hear that. That is sad that there are people in this world who do NOT make things right. Sad. Really disappointing.

I give people the benefit of the doubt and I have definitely learned NOT to be incredibly judgmental and be more open-minded in all areas of my life--- you know.

I test drove the Hyundai Sonata also. I like the visual appeal of that car, but it was too "old lady" feel for me... too big.

It is a nice-looking car though.

I guess the only thing to do, really, is put out to others in this life, what we would like to have back. You know-- honesty. dignity. TRUSTWORTHINESS.

My parents owned their own business for 30 years. my dad was not a liar. nor my mom. The EARNED TRUST from customers and we, us kids, we all worked in our business.

TRUST IS SO INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT IN THIS LIFE.

If Dealerships would WAKE UP and trust themselves to BE HONEST, and NOT be so afraid of ADMITTING MISTAKES--- we are BETTER OFF.

RIGHT????????????????????????



HondaMotorCo007
Profile for HondaMotorCo007
Re: BEWARE OF HILLSIDE HONDA    (Score: 1, Normal) 02-07-2010 01:46
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
Bollocks wrote:
I'm gonna have to step in on behalf of the dealer here to calm down at least SOME of the rhetoric. The dealer wasn't perfect, not by a long shot. But let's face facts: The client brought the unknown into the equation by wanting Odyssey horns for his CRV. Though the technician may have been confident that the installation would go smoothly (they are cocky bastards sometimes), there's a common sense factor that must be accepted by a consumer when they are introducing a non-original part: Sometimes shit doesn't work out like you thought it would.

A strong technician would have noticed that the bumper was going to be an issue before the car left the dealership. So that second visit was certainly inconvenient and that should be acknowledged by the dealer. Aside from that, the OP should accept the fact that the part he supplied didn't fit, through no fault of the dealership or its staff. Therefore, he should say goodbye to his $200.

Orangie wrote:
CARFREAKs2000. I'm really sorry to hear that. That is sad that there are people in this world who do NOT make things right. Sad. Really disappointing.

I give people the benefit of the doubt and I have definitely learned NOT to be incredibly judgmental and be more open-minded in all areas of my life--- you know.

I test drove the Hyundai Sonata also. I like the visual appeal of that car, but it was too "old lady" feel for me... too big.

It is a nice-looking car though.

I guess the only thing to do, really, is put out to others in this life, what we would like to have back. You know-- honesty. dignity. TRUSTWORTHINESS.

My parents owned their own business for 30 years. my dad was not a liar. nor my mom. The EARNED TRUST from customers and we, us kids, we all worked in our business.

TRUST IS SO INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT IN THIS LIFE.

If Dealerships would WAKE UP and trust themselves to BE HONEST, and NOT be so afraid of ADMITTING MISTAKES--- we are BETTER OFF.

RIGHT????????????????????????





I have also dealt with this dealership numerous time. Their salespeople are theives that don't care about customers.

Likewise their service department likes to steal money. CarFreeks2000, I feel you. When I took my Odyssey for service, they damaged the body work and claimed I had done the damage. Let me just say that they offered a discount oil change to make it up. A DISCOUNT OIL CHANGE? are u kidding me. I hope Honda hears about this dealership its the worst in NYC.

Any moral technician would have told the OP his part didn't fit since he SPECIFICALLY told them it was a pair of Dual ody horns. I really hope people start responding to this nonsense treatment by buying at other dealerships or brands.

Bollocks
Profile for Bollocks
Re: BEWARE OF HILLSIDE HONDA    (Score: 1, Normal) 02-07-2010 02:26
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
HondaMotorCo007 wrote:


Any moral technician would have told the OP his part didn't fit since he SPECIFICALLY told them it was a pair of Dual ody horns. I really hope people start responding to this nonsense treatment by buying at other dealerships or brands.



Morals have nothing to do with it. How was the technician supposed to know for sure without trying first? There's no knowledge database for the cross-fitment of parts like this. It either fits or it doesnt, and if the client wants it done, they'll have to pay to find out. That's logical, isn't it?

There seem to be some client relations issues at this dealership but let's not assassinate their character over this one.

Power Of Dreams
Profile for Power Of Dreams
Re: BEWARE OF HILLSIDE HONDA in NYC    (Score: 1, Normal) 03-24-2019 23:10
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
The general manager of Hillside Honda, Joe Shuster, now owns Honda of Downtown Los Angeles in partnership with Ted Bessen of Teddy Nissan. I know that dealer well enough to confidently say that I wouldn't buy a car there or take my car there for service if you held a gun to my head.


garoto
Profile for garoto
Re: BEWARE OF HILLSIDE HONDA in NYC    (Score: 1, Normal) 03-25-2019 03:50
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
The idea that a Honda dealer is supposed to be ďgoodĒ is flawed. They are the worst in the business. I do everything I can to not ever set foot in those places. Absolutely disgusting. Always have been. Always will be.
HondaForever
Profile for HondaForever
Re: BEWARE OF HILLSIDE HONDA    (Score: 1, Normal) 03-25-2019 09:19
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
Bollocks wrote:
HondaMotorCo007 wrote:


Any moral technician would have told the OP his part didn't fit since he SPECIFICALLY told them it was a pair of Dual ody horns. I really hope people start responding to this nonsense treatment by buying at other dealerships or brands.



Morals have nothing to do with it. How was the technician supposed to know for sure without trying first? There's no knowledge database for the cross-fitment of parts like this. It either fits or it doesnt, and if the client wants it done, they'll have to pay to find out. That's logical, isn't it?

There seem to be some client relations issues at this dealership but let's not assassinate their character over this one.


I find this particular question quite interesting. I wouldn't think a service technician would engage in trial and error and hope for the best. I would think the whole reason you are paying big bucks per hour is because the technician is supposed to know what he can and cannot do. Otherwise what value are you getting from him that is different from any old Joe just walking down the street?

Indeed, it's not unusual for the same model car to have two parts for the same application that are not interchangeable and for a customer to end up buying the wrong one for some reason. One would hope that a good service technician would not go ahead and attempt to install such a part, simply because the client brought it in.


TonyEX
Profile for TonyEX
Re: BEWARE OF HILLSIDE HONDA in NYC    (Score: 1, Normal) 03-29-2019 17:30
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
CarFreakS20001 wrote:
This is by far the worst dealership in NYC, i've tried all of them: Millenium, Paragon, P.S., but this is the worst.

Last week I took my Honda CR-V in for its 7500 mile service and I took two dual horns from a 2006 Honda Odyssey to see if they could be installed on the CR-V. The technicians said that they could install it and charged me $196.00 for this. So I left my car there all day and picked it up at the end of the day. When I got home I noticed that the bumper was not on the car properly.

I took the car back in to service on my day off. When I arrived and explained the issue service advisor VINNIE KHAN told me that I had probably crashed and thatís why my bumper was half off. Finally one of the technicians said they would make sure it was installed properly. Half way through the day I get a call from the technician telling me that the horns were pushing the bumper out and that either they left them pushing the bumper out or they would have to put the original ones back on and charge me for taking the bumper back off.

When I went to pick up my car the technicians said they could not refund my $196.00 because they didnít know the horns were from another car. However, that is false because I told them and gave them a paper where it said the horns were bought from Bernardi Honda online and were 2006 Honda Odyssey horns. The technicians even told me they could install those horns and they charged me for it.

Problem: They never told me that the horns DIDNíT fit the CR-V till I came back with the car. If I hadnít noticed the bumper they wouldnít have told me that the horns hadnít been installed properly. How can a Honda dealership service department do this? Charge a customer, install something improperly and fail to tell him, charge me for a mistake they made and for a change they failed to do. (Install different horns)

Vinnie Khan was rude, arrogant, and used foul language. Totally unacceptable. I have owned 11 Hondas since 1982. Unfortunately this experience has left me wanting to leave the brand,




Sounds like a Seinfeld episode.

No horns for you!
You crashed it!

Yikes!

chhan02
Profile for chhan02
Re: BEWARE OF HILLSIDE HONDA in NYC    (Score: 1, Normal) 03-29-2019 19:12
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
CivicB18 wrote:
Sorry for the bad customer service but you cant blame Honda for this bad experience. Leaving the brand has nothing to do with it.


~Patrick


But why not? I think every car brand can dictate the standard. Just like any franchise does.

For example, a Starbucks in my area shut down due to rude and lazy employees. The business was doing perfectly fine, but the reputation the employees did not uphold to their standard. A similar case happens recently with a McDonalds in the area.

I absolutely hate the dealership experience in SoCal for non-luxury vehicles. It is daunting.

qingcong
Profile for qingcong
Re: BEWARE OF HILLSIDE HONDA in NYC    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-02-2019 21:37
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
This thread is ridiculous because:
It's 10 years old.
There were people getting upset about a guy choosing to not buy a Honda.
Someone felt the need to defend Hillside Honda and victim blame the OP.


 
Thread Page - [1]
Go to:
Contact TOV | Submit Your Article | Submit Your Link | Advertise | TOV Shop | Events | Our Sponsors | TOV Archives
Copyright © 2018 Velocitech Inc. All information contained herein remains the property of Velocitech Inc.
The Temple of VTEC is not affiliated with American Honda Motor Co., Inc. TOV Policies and Guidelines - Credits - Privacy Policy
30 mobile: 0