[home][rumors and news][model release matrix][dealer network][desktop calendar][exhaust notes][tov forums][links][search][sponsors][garage][login]

Tire Rack Upgrade Garage
 Search for a Dealer:
 Canadian Flag US Flag
 Honda Acura
 ZIP  
Acura announces new "PMC Edition" models, to be "hand-crafted" at the PMC
More.......................
American Honda reports March 2019 sales
2020 Accords already appearing in dealer order system
Is Acura going to reveal a new Legend at Pebble Beach this year?
Honda reports February Sales
Honda revealing production RWD prototype of Urban EV Concept at the Geneva International Motorshow
BBC: Honda set to close Swindon factory in 2022
Nikkei: Honda enters agreement with CATL for battery supply contract through 2027
CR-V --> Re: CR-V MMC guesses
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Tesla is killing Panasonic!(breaking front page of all Japanese papers today)
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: I'M BACK IN THE HONDA GAME!!!!!
Join Discussion......
Spy Shots --> Re: On my way to work...
Join Discussion......
Civic --> Re: Considering Sport Touring HB: Any advice?
Join Discussion......
Type R --> Re: 2020 Phoenix Yellow CTR spotted.
Join Discussion......
Ridgeline - General Talk --> Re: Bye Bye
Join Discussion......
Fuel Cell Technology --> Re: Damn Germans... getting H2
Join Discussion......
Sales Experiences --> Re: Purchased Prices??
Join Discussion......
Repair and Maintenance --> Ebay Turbo Was All I Could Afford
Join Discussion......
The Tire Rack: Wheels and Tires Forum --> Re: The Temple of VTEC - Honda and Acura
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Four bucks for 87 octane
Join Discussion......
IMA/Hybrids --> Re: Batteries marketplace?
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Genesisís CRX concept
Join Discussion......
Accord --> Re: 2018 Accord 1.5T Sport CVT Impressions
Join Discussion......
2019 Honda Passport PR Photo Gallery
Read Article....................
2019 Acura NSX PR Photo Gallery
First Drive: 2019 Acura ILX
2019 Acura ILX PR Photo Gallery
First Drive: 2019 Honda Pilot
2019 Honda Pilot PR Photo Gallery

[fancy] [flat] [simple]
TOV Forums > HR-V/Vezel > > Re: European HRV with 1.5 L VTEC Turbo engine coming Spring 2019

Go to:

Viewing Threshold (What is this?)

Thread Page - 1 [2]
Author
  Post New Thread
96civicEX
Profile for 96civicEX
Re: European HRV with 1.5 L VTEC Turbo engine coming Spring 2019    (Score: 1, Normal) 02-25-2019 23:03
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
None wrote:
Call it the Jazz.

;-)

lol just what I thought

NealX
Profile for NealX
Re: European HRV with 1.5 L VTEC Turbo engine coming Spring 2019    (Score: 1, Normal) 03-25-2019 17:29
Hints of A-Spec:

notyper
Profile for notyper
Re: European HRV with 1.5 L VTEC Turbo engine coming Spring 2019    (Score: 1, Normal) 03-25-2019 20:23
Watch carefully for another asian maker to bring out a HRV competitor powered by a 280 hp turbo engine with a DCT and performance package in the near future. Little birdie told me. Honda would do well to think about at least giving the HRV an SI spec, or better. I think it will be a big seller.

SC

notyper
Profile for notyper
Re: European HRV with 1.5 L VTEC Turbo engine coming Spring 2019    (Score: 1, Normal) 03-25-2019 20:25
Watch carefully for another asian maker to bring out a HRV competitor powered by a 280 hp turbo engine with a DCT and performance package in the near future. Little birdie told me. Honda would do well to think about at least giving the HRV an SI spec, or better. I think it will be a big seller.

SC

superchg2
Profile for superchg2
Re: European HRV with 1.5 L VTEC Turbo engine coming Spring 2019    (Score: 1, Normal) 03-25-2019 21:12
notyper wrote:

SC

In the U.S. at least, with the exception of the R, Honda doesn't seem to have the enthusiast in mind these days, and more importantly, seems incapable of making needed / beneficial midstream performance improvements, even when they would require minimal development cost.

The 2019 U.S. HRV in so-called Sport model is only available with the CVT and 141 h.p.

KaizenDo
Profile for KaizenDo
Re: European HRV with 1.5 L VTEC Turbo engine coming Spring 2019    (Score: 1, Normal) 03-30-2019 13:32
Sorry for spill the beans for you, but in Europe nobody sees an SUV, regardless of size, as an sports vehicle. These things get bought by their looks (the uglier the better) ignoring all impracticality. Typically they are used by helicopter parents to drop off their kids in front of school and go shopping. Larger versions as the CR-V are used to pull trailers.

Nissan offers the Juke Nismo RS with 218HP turbo engine and 6MT. Still in Germany in 2018 only about 4800 Jukes have been sold, in comparision to 13500 C-HRs, mostly in Hybrid variant.

Honda would have done better, offering the HR-V as Hybrid, like it does in Japan and Malaysia.

NealX
Profile for NealX
Re: European HRV with 1.5 L VTEC Turbo engine coming Spring 2019    (Score: 1, Normal) 03-30-2019 21:46
notyper wrote:

SC

Hyundai Kona N

Power Of Dreams
Profile for Power Of Dreams
Re: European HRV with 1.5 L VTEC Turbo engine coming Spring 2019    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-01-2019 00:40
notyper wrote:

SC

Assuming as you said Asian and not Japanese, and DCT, a Hyundai Kona N would be a very appealing vehicle.

NealX
Profile for NealX
Re: European HRV with 1.5 L VTEC Turbo engine coming Spring 2019    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-01-2019 08:58

None
Profile for None
Re: European HRV with 1.5 L VTEC Turbo engine coming Spring 2019    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-01-2019 09:53
NealX wrote:

GOD, warn people before posting such hideous garbage.

THX17201
Profile for THX17201
Re: European HRV with 1.5 L VTEC Turbo engine coming Spring 2019    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-01-2019 14:15
None wrote:
NealX wrote:

GOD, warn people before posting such hideous garbage.

It's no worse than the Civic Type-R.

bigblue
Profile for bigblue
Re: European HRV with 1.5 L VTEC Turbo engine coming Spring 2019    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-01-2019 15:58
THX17201 wrote:

Oh yes it is.

None
Profile for None
Re: European HRV with 1.5 L VTEC Turbo engine coming Spring 2019    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-01-2019 16:03
bigblue wrote:
THX17201 wrote:

Oh yes it is.

The good news is, being a Hyundai, it will burn to the ground soon.

David87124
Profile for David87124
Re: European HRV with 1.5 L VTEC Turbo engine coming Spring 2019    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-05-2019 16:23
I don't know about the AWD not being compatible; but the current CVT will not take the full torque of the 1.5 Turbo. Quote from the source: "The most important of all is the addition of a 1.5-liter turbocharged gasoline engine that can be ordered this spring. When hooked to the standard six-speed manual transmission, the unit delivers 182 PS (180 hp) at 5,500 rpm and 240 Nm (177 lb-ft) of torque between 1,900 rpm and 5,000 rpm. If the optional CVT is selected, peak torque drops to 220 Nm (162 lb-ft)."
David87124
Profile for David87124
Re: European HRV with 1.5 L VTEC Turbo engine coming Spring 2019    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-05-2019 16:27
None wrote:
JeffX wrote:
Prion wrote:
JeffX wrote:Looks really good to me in this and the Sport trim. I was told that the 1.5T won't work with the AWD system in the current platform, so that's why we're not getting the 1.5T HR-V in the USA, which is a real shame. Hopefully the next generation HR-V will add the 1.5T to the mix for the USA.

So does that mean that the HR-V in the European market is FWD-only?

I would expect the 1.5T to only offer FWD in Europe, otherwise somebody wasn't telling me the truth about why it didn't come to the US.

Sounds like a bad excuse to me. Either way, dump the 1.8 for the 1.5 turbo. If someone really needs AWD, give them the 1.8 only.

I don't know about the AWD not being compatible; but the current CVT will not take the full torque of the 1.5 Turbo. Quote from the source: "The most important of all is the addition of a 1.5-liter turbocharged gasoline engine that can be ordered this spring. When hooked to the standard six-speed manual transmission, the unit delivers 182 PS (180 hp) at 5,500 rpm and 240 Nm (177 lb-ft) of torque between 1,900 rpm and 5,000 rpm. If the optional CVT is selected, peak torque drops to 220 Nm (162 lb-ft)."

None
Profile for None
Re: European HRV with 1.5 L VTEC Turbo engine coming Spring 2019    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-05-2019 18:26
Why can't they use the CVT from the CR-V?

Thread Page - 1 [2]
Go to:
Contact TOV | Submit Your Article | Submit Your Link | Advertise | TOV Shop | Events | Our Sponsors | TOV Archives
Copyright © 2018 Velocitech Inc. All information contained herein remains the property of Velocitech Inc.
The Temple of VTEC is not affiliated with American Honda Motor Co., Inc. TOV Policies and Guidelines - Credits - Privacy Policy
29 mobile: 0