[home][rumors and news][model release matrix][dealer network][desktop calendar][exhaust notes][tov forums][links][search][sponsors][garage][login]

Tire Rack Upgrade Garage
 Search for a Dealer:
 Canadian Flag US Flag
 Honda Acura
 ZIP  
Acura announces new "PMC Edition" models, to be "hand-crafted" at the PMC
More.......................
American Honda reports March 2019 sales
More.......................
2020 Accords already appearing in dealer order system
More.......................
Is Acura going to reveal a new Legend at Pebble Beach this year?
More.......................
Honda reports February Sales
More.......................
Honda revealing production RWD prototype of Urban EV Concept at the Geneva International Motorshow
More.......................
BBC: Honda set to close Swindon factory in 2022
More.......................
Nikkei: Honda enters agreement with CATL for battery supply contract through 2027
More.......................
CR-V --> Re: CR-V MMC guesses
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Tesla is killing Panasonic!(breaking front page of all Japanese papers today)
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: I'M BACK IN THE HONDA GAME!!!!!
Join Discussion......
Spy Shots --> Re: On my way to work...
Join Discussion......
Civic --> Re: Considering Sport Touring HB: Any advice?
Join Discussion......
Type R --> Re: 2020 Phoenix Yellow CTR spotted.
Join Discussion......
Ridgeline - General Talk --> Re: Bye Bye
Join Discussion......
Fuel Cell Technology --> Re: Damn Germans... getting H2
Join Discussion......
Sales Experiences --> Re: Purchased Prices??
Join Discussion......
Repair and Maintenance --> Ebay Turbo Was All I Could Afford
Join Discussion......
The Tire Rack: Wheels and Tires Forum --> Re: The Temple of VTEC - Honda and Acura
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Four bucks for 87 octane
Join Discussion......
IMA/Hybrids --> Re: Batteries marketplace?
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Genesisís CRX concept
Join Discussion......
Accord --> Re: 2018 Accord 1.5T Sport CVT Impressions
Join Discussion......
2019 Honda Passport PR Photo Gallery
Read Article....................
2019 Acura NSX PR Photo Gallery
Read Article....................
First Drive: 2019 Acura ILX
Read Article....................
2019 Acura ILX PR Photo Gallery
Read Article....................
First Drive: 2019 Honda Pilot
Read Article....................
2019 Honda Pilot PR Photo Gallery
Read Article....................

[fancy] [flat] [simple]
TOV Forums > Civic > > Re: Considering Sport Touring HB: Any advice?

Go to:

Viewing Threshold (What is this?)

Thread Page - [1]
Author
  Post New Thread
Bullwinkle
Profile for Bullwinkle
Considering Sport Touring HB: Any advice?    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-05-2019 16:54
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
With the attractive lease rates, I am looking again at trading my TSX sport wagon for a Civic Sport Touring Hatchback.

Anyone got any comments?

TonyEX
Profile for TonyEX
Re: Considering Sport Touring HB: Any advice?    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-05-2019 20:19
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
Bullwinkle wrote:
With the attractive lease rates, I am looking again at trading my TSX sport wagon for a Civic Sport Touring Hatchback.

Anyone got any comments?



Do you have the Tech wagon?

We currently have a '16 Touring Coupe. It's very well equipped with Navi and a lot of features that used to be Acura only: mirrors that swing down on reverse, all the driving nannies, nice leather seats, etc.. but it lacks the crispness of the TSX Wagon.

I suppose that if you get the 6MT option then that will be much nicer but still it lacks the "hewn from one piece single ingot solidity" of the wagon.

Also, the per tank, open highway range of the Civic is nowhere that of the TSX Wagon.

Naturally, the audio in the TSX Tech is much better.

Bullwinkle
Profile for Bullwinkle
Re: Considering Sport Touring HB: Any advice?    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-05-2019 20:34
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
Thanks for the input. I do not have the tech package. If I keep the tsx I would likely replace the head unit with an Apple car play unit with a back-up camera.
Blue99si
Profile for Blue99si
Re: Considering Sport Touring HB: Any advice?    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-10-2019 07:19
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
Bullwinkle wrote:
With the attractive lease rates, I am looking again at trading my TSX sport wagon for a Civic Sport Touring Hatchback.

Anyone got any comments?


Have a blue Sport Touring. I like it. One feature I really like is the remote start. Wish they offered this model as a Si. This car would be serious fun if it had is a 6spd manual but, the CVT is ok. I actually prefer the CVT over the previous automatics but, being offered with a manual would make me contemplate trading it in. The Good: love the HB vs other body stiles, moonroof as I use it all year long and the LEDís. This is the first Honda that I have ever owned that has brought BMW and Mercedes owners to ask me about my car. Love the style as the car is really good looking when clean! The Bad: Not a lot that I donít like.....maybe the CVT but, honestly it does its job. Just takes some of the fun out of really driving the car hard. The CVT is probably faster than the manual but, I really enjoy the connectivity between car and driver that comes with driving a manual. If I lived in a huge city though, I would not hesitate buying the CVT. I have an 18 and the head unit has its funkiness but, seems to do ok. The top of the line stereo system really needs a proper subwoofer but, this is easily correctable. Would I buy one again? Probably.....but, really wish Honda would offer the USA the option to get a manual in any model....perhaps as a special order. I would pay to get a manual and would wait for the car to be made if this were an option. Sadly, the exact car I want is actually supplied in Canada....less than 100 miles from where I live.....

Blue99si
Profile for Blue99si
Re: Considering Sport Touring HB: Any advice?    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-10-2019 07:30
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
TonyEX wrote:
Bullwinkle wrote:
With the attractive lease rates, I am looking again at trading my TSX sport wagon for a Civic Sport Touring Hatchback.

Anyone got any comments?



Do you have the Tech wagon?

We currently have a '16 Touring Coupe. It's very well equipped with Navi and a lot of features that used to be Acura only: mirrors that swing down on reverse, all the driving nannies, nice leather seats, etc.. but it lacks the crispness of the TSX Wagon.

I suppose that if you get the 6MT option then that will be much nicer but still it lacks the "hewn from one piece single ingot solidity" of the wagon.

Also, the per tank, open highway range of the Civic is nowhere that of the TSX Wagon.

Naturally, the audio in the TSX Tech is much better.


The TSX is ok. I had a sedan with navi. The 2.4 is a mild engine compared to the turbo 1.5. If you go with the Sport Touring, I think you will really like the torque that the turbo engine offers. You are going to have to get used to not having the constant downshifting that the TSX tranny brings but, the CVT is actually quicker. It feels different as it does not downshift when you drive it but, when it comes to mpg and overall quickness, the CVT is deceivingly quick and actually superior. Good luck with ur decision.

Fishbulb
Profile for Fishbulb
Re: Considering Sport Touring HB: Any advice?    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-11-2019 18:19
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
To be honest, I think there's just too many oil dilution issues out there to take a chance on a 1.5t.

It's clear based on the "fix" they've issued that Honda really doesn't know what to do about this. I'd be concerned about the longevity of these engines.

Pairof6MTAcuras
Profile for Pairof6MTAcuras
Re: Considering Sport Touring HB: Any advice?    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-11-2019 20:20
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
Seriously, can a bunch of us band together, and tell Honda that we're not going to be forced into a CVT just because we don't live in Canada and want a 6MT, leather, top-end audio, and Sensing in the same car? If I could buy a 6MT Sport Touring hatch right now, I would. There's NO other car I'd do that for. And I'm coming from a 2003 CLS6 AND a 2012 TL 6MT. I tried asking a Canadian dealer if I could buy one and import it, and the answer was, sadly, no.
NealX
Profile for NealX
Re: Considering Sport Touring HB: Any advice?    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-11-2019 20:51
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
Be sure to test an Elantra GT N-Line 6MT before you decide.
Blue99si
Profile for Blue99si
Re: Considering Sport Touring HB: Any advice?    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-12-2019 20:54
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
Pairof6MTAcuras wrote:
Seriously, can a bunch of us band together, and tell Honda that we're not going to be forced into a CVT just because we don't live in Canada and want a 6MT, leather, top-end audio, and Sensing in the same car? If I could buy a 6MT Sport Touring hatch right now, I would. There's NO other car I'd do that for. And I'm coming from a 2003 CLS6 AND a 2012 TL 6MT. I tried asking a Canadian dealer if I could buy one and import it, and the answer was, sadly, no.

Me too.....and I own a 2018 Sport Touring Hatchback. The packaging is great. I would even be willing to get rid of the safety crap. The lane departure drives me nuts. I do like the adaptive cruise control, the auto high beams and rain sensing wipers.....but, a manual in this car would make it a lot more engaging. I like my car but, am biding time waiting on a few new models.....waiting on the next gen WRX, Ford Ranger Raptor and honestly......the ideal car for me.....the Crosstrek with a turbo and manual.....I like my HB but, would love a car like a Turbo Crosstrek.....Not interested in Subaruís CVT.

Blue99si
Profile for Blue99si
Re: Considering Sport Touring HB: Any advice?    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-12-2019 20:58
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
NealX wrote:
Be sure to test an Elantra GT N-Line 6MT before you decide.

You can put lip stick on a pig but, it is still a Hyundai.....just do not hear a lot of good things about these cars or Kiaís once they reach 60k miles.

superchg2
Profile for superchg2
Re: Considering Sport Touring HB: Any advice?    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-12-2019 21:08
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
Blue99si wrote:
NealX wrote:
Be sure to test an Elantra GT N-Line 6MT before you decide.

You can put lip stick on a pig but, it is still a Hyundai.....just do not hear a lot of good things about these cars or Kiaís once they reach 60k miles.


I'm pretty sure that NealX owns one.
Have you had problems, NealX?

giltibo
Profile for giltibo
Re: Considering Sport Touring HB: Any advice?    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-13-2019 03:47
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
I drive a (Rallye Red) Sport Touring 6MT. 40 000km without a hint of a problem. The oil dilution problem comes especially on vehicles that do a lot of short trips in colder weather.
The engine is quite peppy (IRL it makes closer to 190whp than the declared 180bhp.
The CVT is faster to 60 than the 6MT because you need to shift to 3rd at about 55mph. After that, the 6MT catches up and then some.
My Civic is about as much fun as you can get without going really high-power (Like the Type R)

superchg2
Profile for superchg2
Re: Considering Sport Touring HB: Any advice?    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-13-2019 13:41
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
Fishbulb wrote:
To be honest, I think there's just too many oil dilution issues out there to take a chance on a 1.5t.

It's clear based on the "fix" they've issued that Honda really doesn't know what to do about this. I'd be concerned about the longevity of these engines.


When I asked the service writer at our KC Honda dealer about it,
he said that they had zero 1.5T's brought in for this issue.

Fishbulb
Profile for Fishbulb
Re: Considering Sport Touring HB: Any advice?    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-13-2019 14:18
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
superchg2 wrote:
Fishbulb wrote:
To be honest, I think there's just too many oil dilution issues out there to take a chance on a 1.5t.

It's clear based on the "fix" they've issued that Honda really doesn't know what to do about this. I'd be concerned about the longevity of these engines.


When I asked the service writer at our KC Honda dealer about it,
he said that they had zero 1.5T's brought in for this issue.



I hate to be the one to tell you this, but the only thing you can trust about honda's service department is that they're going to be dishonest.

superchg2
Profile for superchg2
Re: Considering Sport Touring HB: Any advice?    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-13-2019 14:49
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
Fishbulb wrote:
superchg2 wrote:
Fishbulb wrote:
To be honest, I think there's just too many oil dilution issues out there to take a chance on a 1.5t.

It's clear based on the "fix" they've issued that Honda really doesn't know what to do about this. I'd be concerned about the longevity of these engines.


When I asked the service writer at our KC Honda dealer about it,
he said that they had zero 1.5T's brought in for this issue.



I hate to be the one to tell you this, but the only thing you can trust about honda's service department is that they're going to be dishonest.


We have been going to the same dealer, Jay Wolfe Honda, for almost 20 years now.

We have had pretty good luck with their service department, but when we were looking for a used CRV for my Niece,
had a pretty poor experience with their used car department, and her parents bought a CRV elsewhere.

So, you really do have be on your toes when trying to find a reputable car dealer.

superchg2
Profile for superchg2
Re: Considering Sport Touring HB: Any advice?    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-13-2019 14:54
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
superchg2 wrote:
Fishbulb wrote:
superchg2 wrote:
Fishbulb wrote:
To be honest, I think there's just too many oil dilution issues out there to take a chance on a 1.5t.

It's clear based on the "fix" they've issued that Honda really doesn't know what to do about this. I'd be concerned about the longevity of these engines.


When I asked the service writer at our KC Honda dealer about it,
he said that they had zero 1.5T's brought in for this issue.



I hate to be the one to tell you this, but the only thing you can trust about honda's service department is that they're going to be dishonest.


We have been going to the same dealer, Jay Wolfe Honda, for almost 20 years now.

We have had pretty good luck with their service department, but when we were looking for a used CRV for my Niece,
had a pretty poor experience with their used car department, and her parents bought a CRV elsewhere.

So, you really do have be on your toes when trying to find a reputable car dealer.


Actually, we have been dealing with Jay Wolfe since 1984, when I bought my first Honda, a 1984 Civic S at their previous location, so that would be 35 years!

My, how time flies.

Grace141
Profile for Grace141
Re: Considering Sport Touring HB: Any advice?    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-14-2019 01:34
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
We have one of the kids needing a better car for travelling to and from school so when I had my Accord in for service today I looked at the Civics, found a great looking leftover 2018 Sport Touring hatch, the dealer made a good deal for us, and we brought it home. It's far too early but:

- There is a sense of cheapness about the interior, especially the rear seat area, but it's the loaded up version of a basic economy car. The features on the car make up for the lack of expensive materials, in my opinion.

- The car drives very nicely with a planted feel about it at Interstate speeds.

- The 1.5T reminds me a lot of our K23T RDX from 10 years ago. The flow of torque when pressed feels great.

- Sport mode for the transmission really wakes up the car making it feel like our 7G V6 Accord from stoplights once the boost builds. It's a fast car, faster than even the RDX with it's larger turbo-4. It's not as quick as a 2G V6 RDX but it impressed me.

- Thus far, I think the CVT is a better solution for a small displacement 4-cylinder car than the regular automatic in our Fit and it's due to there not being a lockup torque converter. I'd say it's closest to the 9AT in the MDX with how it picks effective gear ratios for your speed and throttle settings.

- The lack of a volume knob isn't problem with the rocker button control on the steering wheel.

We'll see but thus far it seems like a great little car. It made my service visit to my Honda dealer the most expensive I've ever had by far but it's all good.

beester
Profile for beester
Re: Considering Sport Touring HB: Any advice?    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-15-2019 16:32
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
I think my situation is similar enough to avoid creating a new thread.
I too am considering a HB. The EX offers great value in a boring package. The Sport offers a little more excitement to drive, but lacks the smartkey and lanewatch (which I currently have on my 9th gen). Of course the Touring has it all, but Iím having a hard time with the ~$5k increase. Anyone HB owners regret not purchasing the Sport Touring trim?

DougNuts
Profile for DougNuts
Re: Considering Sport Touring HB: Any advice?    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-16-2019 22:00
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
I just read elsewhere that the US is getting a manual option on the Touring Sport Hatchback!
Grace141
Profile for Grace141
Re: Considering Sport Touring HB: Any advice?    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-17-2019 19:28
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
OK, I'm now tired of the walkaway lockup feature when I park the car in my garage. I guess I could leave the key fob in the cupholder.

Pairof6MTAcuras
Profile for Pairof6MTAcuras
Re: Considering Sport Touring HB: Any advice?    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-17-2019 22:49
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
WHERE?!?!??!?! DO TELL!!!!
Blue99si
Profile for Blue99si
Re: Considering Sport Touring HB: Any advice?    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-18-2019 08:19
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
beester wrote:
I think my situation is similar enough to avoid creating a new thread.
I too am considering a HB. The EX offers great value in a boring package. The Sport offers a little more excitement to drive, but lacks the smartkey and lanewatch (which I currently have on my 9th gen). Of course the Touring has it all, but Iím having a hard time with the ~$5k increase. Anyone HB owners regret not purchasing the Sport Touring trim?


I can tell you that the advantages go beyond those two items. Auto wipers and auto high beams are also really nice features. I have zero regrets buying a Sport Turing.


 
Thread Page - [1]
Go to:
Contact TOV | Submit Your Article | Submit Your Link | Advertise | TOV Shop | Events | Our Sponsors | TOV Archives
Copyright © 2018 Velocitech Inc. All information contained herein remains the property of Velocitech Inc.
The Temple of VTEC is not affiliated with American Honda Motor Co., Inc. TOV Policies and Guidelines - Credits - Privacy Policy
30 mobile: 0