[home][rumors and news][model release matrix][dealer network][desktop calendar][exhaust notes][tov forums][links][search][sponsors][garage][login]

Tire Rack Upgrade Garage
 Search for a Dealer:
 Canadian Flag US Flag
 Honda Acura
 ZIP  
Acura announces new "PMC Edition" models, to be "hand-crafted" at the PMC
More.......................
American Honda reports March 2019 sales
2020 Accords already appearing in dealer order system
Is Acura going to reveal a new Legend at Pebble Beach this year?
Honda reports February Sales
Honda revealing production RWD prototype of Urban EV Concept at the Geneva International Motorshow
BBC: Honda set to close Swindon factory in 2022
Nikkei: Honda enters agreement with CATL for battery supply contract through 2027
CR-V --> Re: CR-V MMC guesses
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Tesla is killing Panasonic!(breaking front page of all Japanese papers today)
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: I'M BACK IN THE HONDA GAME!!!!!
Join Discussion......
Spy Shots --> Re: On my way to work...
Join Discussion......
Civic --> Re: Considering Sport Touring HB: Any advice?
Join Discussion......
Type R --> Re: 2020 Phoenix Yellow CTR spotted.
Join Discussion......
Ridgeline - General Talk --> Re: Bye Bye
Join Discussion......
Fuel Cell Technology --> Re: Damn Germans... getting H2
Join Discussion......
Sales Experiences --> Re: Purchased Prices??
Join Discussion......
Repair and Maintenance --> Ebay Turbo Was All I Could Afford
Join Discussion......
The Tire Rack: Wheels and Tires Forum --> Re: The Temple of VTEC - Honda and Acura
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Four bucks for 87 octane
Join Discussion......
IMA/Hybrids --> Re: Batteries marketplace?
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Genesisís CRX concept
Join Discussion......
Accord --> Re: 2018 Accord 1.5T Sport CVT Impressions
Join Discussion......
2019 Honda Passport PR Photo Gallery
Read Article....................
2019 Acura NSX PR Photo Gallery
First Drive: 2019 Acura ILX
2019 Acura ILX PR Photo Gallery
First Drive: 2019 Honda Pilot
2019 Honda Pilot PR Photo Gallery

[fancy] [flat] [simple]
TOV Forums > Type R > > Re: 2020 Phoenix Yellow CTR spotted.

Go to:

Viewing Threshold (What is this?)

Thread Page - [1] 2
Author
  Post New Thread
N8ssi
Profile for N8ssi
2020 Phoenix Yellow CTR spotted.    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-14-2019 20:49
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
Anyone else see this? Thereís video of both the yellow and white R (small rear spoiler) on track. Honda Pro Jason also posted that it may come with carbon roof and hood vent.

I could honestly do without both & I can see this color being sought after in the future.

superchg2
Profile for superchg2
Re: 2020 Phoenix Yellow CTR spotted.    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-14-2019 22:02
Honda Pro Jason had his R painted yellow.

DCR
Profile for DCR
Re: 2020 Phoenix Yellow CTR spotted.    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-14-2019 23:01
So, Honda painting a Type-R a Type-R color is news?
JeffX
Profile for JeffX
Re: 2020 Phoenix Yellow CTR spotted.    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-14-2019 23:07
DCR wrote:

well there's some MMC'ish type of stuff that we've seen them testing. The Phoenix yellow thing doesn't really move the needle IMHO, but if they've improved the car in any way or ways, that's intriguing.

N8ssi
Profile for N8ssi
Re: 2020 Phoenix Yellow CTR spotted.    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-15-2019 00:13
DCR wrote:

I guess Iíd put it on par with hearing about YOUR car when many of us have had ours a year prior.

outersquare
Profile for outersquare
Re: 2020 Phoenix Yellow CTR spotted.    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-15-2019 00:33
https://twitter.com/hondaprojason

some pics there

vh2k
Profile for vh2k
Re: 2020 Phoenix Yellow CTR spotted.    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-15-2019 08:46
Also, Tonic Yellow Pearl is a new color for Civic coupe for MY2019. So, you'll start to see more yellow Civics as they are delivered and sold this year.
JeffX
Profile for JeffX
Re: 2020 Phoenix Yellow CTR spotted.    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-15-2019 10:37
outersquare wrote:
https://twitter.com/hondaprojason

some pics there

that's pretty wild Honda deliberately revealed the color on a test prototype. Or is this a curveball?

DCR
Profile for DCR
Re: 2020 Phoenix Yellow CTR spotted.    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-15-2019 10:51
N8ssi wrote:
I guess Iíd put it on par with hearing about YOUR car when many of us have had ours a year prior.

That makes no sense, but I am wondering why you took what I said personally?

When I was about 12 years old, I got the first pair of Reebok Pumps in my school...you're never going to top that one pal.

superchg2
Profile for superchg2
Re: 2020 Phoenix Yellow CTR spotted.    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-15-2019 14:41

superchg2
Profile for superchg2
Re: 2020 Phoenix Yellow CTR spotted.    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-15-2019 14:50
Here is HPJ's Type R.

Civicb18
Profile for Civicb18
Re: 2020 Phoenix Yellow CTR spotted.    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-15-2019 17:04
N8ssi wrote:
Anyone else see this? Thereís video of both the yellow and white R (small rear spoiler) on track. Honda Pro Jason also posted that it may come with carbon roof and hood vent.

I could honestly do without both & I can see this color being sought after in the future.

Iím more interested in the R with the smaller wing. Iím wondering if thatís another variant Honda mentioned a few years ago?

silverf16
Profile for silverf16
Re: 2020 Phoenix Yellow CTR spotted.    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-15-2019 21:25
WE need an R with a smaller wheel option that won't result in a total wheel replacement after hitting a pothole in snow belt regions.

honduh
Profile for honduh
Re: 2020 Phoenix Yellow CTR spotted.    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-15-2019 21:49
Civicb18 wrote:
N8ssi wrote:

Iím more interested in the R with the smaller wing. Iím wondering if thatís another variant Honda mentioned a few years ago?

This car has me torn. I love the accessibility of performance in this machine including the engine and the manual trans. But the flamboyant styling just keeps me at bay. Seeing as around town I see some of the silliest mods on old Hondaís that makes them equally boy racer, I just donít want to deal with the fast and furious dingbats that want to do something stupid.

Iím sorry I know there are some on here who have the CTR and seem to really enjoy it so kudos to you but seeing this yellow paint is the wrong direction I would have gone with this. A wing delete and maybe a darker color (I saw this beautiful black currant color on a Porsche) would have convinced me more.

Fishbulb
Profile for Fishbulb
Re: 2020 Phoenix Yellow CTR spotted.    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-15-2019 22:10
honduh wrote:
Civicb18 wrote:
N8ssi wrote:

This car has me torn. I love the accessibility of performance in this machine including the engine and the manual trans. But the flamboyant styling just keeps me at bay. Seeing as around town I see some of the silliest mods on old Hondaís that makes them equally boy racer, I just donít want to deal with the fast and furious dingbats that want to do something stupid.

I'm hoping that this drivetrain ends up in a version of the ILX that I could stomach looking at. That would be a winner.

TonyEX
Profile for TonyEX
Re: 2020 Phoenix Yellow CTR spotted.    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-15-2019 22:18
DCR wrote:
N8ssi wrote:

That makes no sense, but I am wondering why you took what I said personally?

When I was about 12 years old, I got the first pair of Reebok Pumps in my school...you're never going to top that one pal.

I had my first set of Adidas tennis shoes in '69... my first Lacoste polo shirt in '67... and my mom had a Citroen back in '65.

You ain't gonna beat that...

Besides, aren't "pumps" a lady's shoe? My wife has several, most of them with a four inch heel. It's be hard on the ice, eh? Heck, how she manages the clutch wearing four inch pumps is beyond me.

TonyEX
Profile for TonyEX
Re: 2020 Phoenix Yellow CTR spotted.    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-16-2019 00:21
honduh wrote:
Civicb18 wrote:
N8ssi wrote:

Iím sorry I know there are some on here who have the CTR and seem to really enjoy it so kudos to you but seeing this yellow paint is the wrong direction I would have gone with this. A wing delete and maybe a darker color (I saw this beautiful black currant color on a Porsche) would have convinced me more.

I am definitely not a young punk, nor a middle aged punk.

I want my CTR is flaming RED with a triple wing. Something that will make the Merkur's double wing like a librarian's Celica.

You only live once. Enjoy it!

If you think the wings are too much, then paint them black. But have more wings than a Flock of Seagulls.

honduh
Profile for honduh
Re: 2020 Phoenix Yellow CTR spotted.    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-16-2019 07:37
TonyEX wrote:

I am definitely not a young punk, nor a middle aged punk.

I want my CTR is flaming RED with a triple wing. Something that will make the Merkur's double wing like a librarian's Celica.

You only live once. Enjoy it!

If you think the wings are too much, then paint them black. But have more wings than a Flock of Seagulls.

You certainly are one strange cuckoo. How much hair do you have left to be one with your car?

rev2damoon
Profile for rev2damoon
Re: 2020 Phoenix Yellow CTR spotted.    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-16-2019 07:54
honduh wrote:
Civicb18 wrote:
N8ssi wrote:

I'm with you. I've pretty much done a 180 on this thing. I was thinking the drive would negate the extreme looks (understand it is functional), but I've since reversed course. When I had my 8th gen Si, I remember guys in Mustangs or some other performance type car revving engines at me at stop lights. I would also often have to answer questions at the gas pump and endure ever scrutinizing eyes. People meant well and I dealt with it, but I'm the kind of guy that just doesn't want that attention. Considering that the 8th gen Si did not look nearly as extreme as this new R, I've pretty much concluded that the CTR just isn't the car for me at this point.

It is however, an amazing machine and I do harbor envious thoughts toward those lucky enough to own and drive it.🙂
I also hope Honda continues to offer it here in the west. Maybe next or some subsequent gen won't be as extreme with the looks.

vh2k
Profile for vh2k
Re: 2020 Phoenix Yellow CTR spotted.    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-16-2019 08:38
I kinda like the subtle tweaks this guy suggested:

Last edited by JeffX on 04-16-2019 11:23
superchg2
Profile for superchg2
Re: 2020 Phoenix Yellow CTR spotted.    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-16-2019 10:38
rev2damoon wrote:
honduh wrote:
Civicb18 wrote:
N8ssi wrote:

I'm with you. I've pretty much done a 180 on this thing. I was thinking the drive would negate the extreme looks (understand it is functional), but I've since reversed course. When I had my 8th gen Si, I remember guys in Mustangs or some other performance type car revving engines at me at stop lights. I would also often have to answer questions at the gas pump and endure ever scrutinizing eyes. People meant well and I dealt with it, but I'm the kind of guy that just doesn't want that attention. Considering that the 8th gen Si did not look nearly as extreme as this new R, I've pretty much concluded that the CTR just isn't the car for me at this point.

It is however, an amazing machine and I do harbor envious thoughts toward those lucky enough to own and drive it.🙂
I also hope Honda continues to offer it here in the west. Maybe next or some subsequent gen won't be as extreme with the looks.

There is no doubt that the R is a fabulous car, but I also prefer to have a lower profile while driving.

My silver 8th gen Si is pretty subdued in appearance, but plenty quick enough when necessary.

And with all of the new potholes in KC last winter, I'm pretty sure that the 20 inch wheels and low profile tires on an R would have been at risk.

* A Touring R might be cool, with reduced appendages and 18 inch wheels and tires.

superchg2
Profile for superchg2
Re: 2020 Phoenix Yellow CTR spotted.    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-16-2019 10:45
superchg2 wrote:
rev2damoon wrote:
honduh wrote:
Civicb18 wrote:
N8ssi wrote:

There is no doubt that the R is a fabulous car, but I also prefer to have a lower profile while driving.

My silver 8th gen Si is pretty subdued in appearance, but plenty quick enough when necessary.

And with all of the new potholes in KC last winter, I'm pretty sure that the 20 inch wheels and low profile tires on an R would have been at risk.

* A Touring R might be cool, with reduced appendages and 18 inch wheels and tires.

rev2damoon
Profile for rev2damoon
Re: 2020 Phoenix Yellow CTR spotted.    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-16-2019 13:01
vh2k wrote:
I kinda like the subtle tweaks this guy suggested:

I think this guy is right on the money as far as this CTR and just design in general goes. A subdued wing 'option' would also help, IMO.

RMTRADER
Profile for RMTRADER
Re: 2020 Phoenix Yellow CTR spotted.    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-16-2019 14:17
Many of you seem to be equating a wing with a lack of maturity. Actually, maturity comes from not giving a shit what other people think.

I am with Tony on this.

JeffX
Profile for JeffX
Re: 2020 Phoenix Yellow CTR spotted.    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-17-2019 18:20
RMTRADER wrote:
Many of you seem to be equating a wing with a lack of maturity. Actually, maturity comes from not giving a shit what other people think.

I am with Tony on this.

Yes, I am of two minds on this.
1) I *DEFINITELY* don't give a shit about what other people think
2) I would personally prefer a more subdued look

with that said, it drives so well, I'm fine with the styling (and in fact I can even appreciate it from *some* angles)

rev2damoon
Profile for rev2damoon
Re: 2020 Phoenix Yellow CTR spotted.    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-17-2019 19:08
Hehe...I don't know who the 'many of you' is referring to, but I do not equate the wing with 'lack of maturity'. It's a wing, a functional one at that. That's not to say big wings don't carry a certain stigma for reasons I'm sure we're all aware of. It's a styling element as well and everyone has their own styling preferences. It's a mistake for one to think his own preferences should be universal.

For me personally, it is not about caring what people think either. I don't and never have. Not even in my youth which is probably why peer pressure was never a problem for me. Anyway, for me it's about drawing attention which I do not want or care for. I'd simply rather not put up with it, even for this phenomenal machine. I prefer subtlety.

honduh
Profile for honduh
Re: 2020 Phoenix Yellow CTR spotted.    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-17-2019 21:30
I sometimes wear tennis shoes with dressy socks to the embarrassment of my wife and kids. Hey itís convenient and comfortable. Clearly I donít care what others think.

But when it comes to cars, I personally like to drive classy, dress cheesy. MC Hammer pants anyone?

RMTRADER
Profile for RMTRADER
Re: 2020 Phoenix Yellow CTR spotted.    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-17-2019 22:00
How about getting out of a bright red Type R wearing a tuxedo.
sadlerau
Profile for sadlerau
Re: 2020 Phoenix Yellow CTR spotted.    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-17-2019 22:34
RMTRADER wrote:
How about getting out of a bright red Type R wearing a tuxedo.

Since 99% of women think guys look super good in tuxedos, I think that would be entirely acceptable. :)

ldvknight
Profile for ldvknight
Re: 2020 Phoenix Yellow CTR spotted.    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-18-2019 00:05
I really donít get the wing complaints This generation hatchback was designed from the Type R down. The regular hatchback absolutely looks like shit, like itís ass got neutered. Horrible proportions. The wing, in all its boy racer glory, is the only thing that balances it out.

Thread Page - [1] 2
Go to:
Contact TOV | Submit Your Article | Submit Your Link | Advertise | TOV Shop | Events | Our Sponsors | TOV Archives
Copyright © 2018 Velocitech Inc. All information contained herein remains the property of Velocitech Inc.
The Temple of VTEC is not affiliated with American Honda Motor Co., Inc. TOV Policies and Guidelines - Credits - Privacy Policy
30 mobile: 0