Date: October 01, 2013 18:24
Honda Press Release
Stylish Honda Accord and Civic Lead Honda September Sales; Acura’s Newest Products Continue to Advance Brand GrowthSeptember sales help Honda maintain a 8.7-percent year-to-date sales climb; Civic sales up 6.7 percent
10/01/2013 - TORRANCE, Calif.
American Honda today reported September 2013 U.S. sales of 105,563 units, a decrease of 9.9 percent compared with September 2012 (a decrease of 2.1 percent based on the Daily Selling Rate (DSR*)), while year-to-date sales remain up 7.9 percent over 2012. Reflecting Honda's consistent focus on retail sales, the Honda brand posted September 2013 sales of 93,915 units, a decrease of 8.7 percent compared with September 2012 (a decrease of 0.7 percent based on the DSR). Acura U.S. September sales of 11,648 units decreased 18.9 percent compared with September 2012 (a decrease of 11.9 percent based on the DSR).
- Strong sales of the Accord continue, up 13.8 percent year to date, on sales of 25,176 units in September
- Honda light truck sales are up 7.8 percent year to date compared to 2012 helped by the Ridgeline, which tallied a 7th straight month of sales gains in September, up 9.9 percent compared to 2012
- Solid September sales of 22,983 units keep Civic up 8.3 percent year to date and 6.7 percent compared with last September
"Even as we catch our breath from all-time record August sales and with two fewer selling days this month, the Honda brand continues on a strong pace for the year," said John Mendel, executive vice president of sales at American Honda. "The already strong appeal of the Accord lineup will grow even greater with the launch late this month of the 2014 Accord Hybrid, which delivers 50 mpg1 city EPA-rated fuel economy."
- Acura light truck sales including the all-new 2014 MDX and 2014 RDX are up 16.2 percent year to date compared to this point in 2012
- RDX sets 17th successive monthly record, with sales of 3,022 units
- MDX remained the top selling Acura model in September, with sales of 4,539 units
"With the all-new 2014 MDX luxury SUV hitting the sweet spot for upscale family shoppers, Acura is well positioned heading into the fall selling season," said Jeff Conrad, vice president of Acura sales.
*The daily selling rate (DSR) is calculated with 23 days for September 2013 and 25 days for September 2012. Year-to-date, the DSR is calculated with 229 days for 2013 and 230 days for 2012. All other percentages in release are unadjusted; see table for adjusted DSR figures.
1Based on 2014 EPA mileage ratings. Use for comparison purposes only. Actual fuel mileage will vary depending on driving conditions, how the vehicle is driven and maintained, lithium-ion battery age/condition, and other factors.
Last edited by JeffX on
October 01, 2013 18:28